• Views 4,486,756
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right but I am thinking for the future, didn't they change encryption keys with 9.5 or something and it made emunand kind of broken or something?

Didn't you read the Gateway website? They broke through that encryption. And I'm pretty sure you can get Gateway Emunand on 10.6.

P

PaiiNSteven

Hello there!

I have an o3DS using RXTools 2.6 with an emuNAND on the latest OS and a sysNAND on 6.3. I have the FBI injected and some CIAs installed.

I heard that if I upgrade my sysNAND to 9.2, that I would be able to coldboot into emuNAND.

I want to do this so that I do not have to rely on going to the internet to get to my emuNAND, and to be able to treat my emuNAND as my primary system.

Does anyone have a guide to this and how to set it to coldboot?
Here ya go.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello.

I have been using cubic ninja to launch gateway (launcher.dat) without issue.

I removed (launched.dat) and placed (boot.3dsx themes 3ds) from the homebrew starter kit on my sd card.

Now when I run the cubic ninja exploit i just hang at a black screen and have not been able to launch the homebrew channel.

Any tips?

Thanks

That's because the Gateway Payload and Homebrew Payload are two different things. You need to reinstall Ninjhax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So is there a way now to get into the homebrew menu on 10.6 without oothax and ninjhax on n3ds?

There's still SmashHax.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a New 3DS soon, and I would rather use a Gateway 3DS to play games and such over .CIA games since it's a pain in the butt to have to manually access the microSD card through the back panel on it. I was thinking about dual booting Gateway and some other CFW, but for what reason should I do so? I can't really think of anything, but I would like to know the benefits of doing so. I would appreciate it if somebody could give me a few ideas.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's because the Gateway Payload and Homebrew Payload are two different things. You need to reinstall Ninjhax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
But only with the full game right?
The demo was patched by Nintendo right?

There's still SmashHax.

Chipman42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a 2DS Sysnand 9.2 and Emunand 10.5 using RxTools and up until yesterday my CFW was working perfectly. As of yesterday whenever I go to launch RxTools via Internet Browser it gives me an error or kicks me out to the Home Menu. I've tried using different sites to launch and I've tried updating my RxTools and it still doesn't work. What do I do?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much.

Unfortunately the REAL firmware version was 9.5 and I've returned it immediately.

I'll try to find a 9.2 new 3ds xl, but if I fail, do you recommend buying a 9.5 and try to downgrade it?
If you have patience to downgrade really.
Took me 2 hours worth of tries to downgrade successfully, and not counting the time i spent researching the correct method and the correct files.
Some people get lucky and get it on the first try to downgrade.

The only risk is having the wrong files(so you use safesysupdater to check your files) and having frankfirmwere. Not sure what to do about the latter case.

TheLemurLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. Do I have to install a custom firmware other than the Gateway's EmuNAND format to install .cia files? Or will that work just fine?

And is BigBlueMenu or FBI more up to date/stable?

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan

I am following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools...rom-browserhax-homemenuhax-to-rxtools.398420/

And I did everything fine up to Step 4 of the CFW- RXTOOLS section.

It is telling me to download rxtools and then put it onto my sd, but wont that replace my existing rxtools folder?

It is also telling me to download another release for o3DS, my device, another rxtools folder.

It is then telling me to find firmware.bin on the internet, but I remember generating one with my rxtools tools.

I am very confused. What do I do?

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Now that I have 9.2 on my 3DS what do I do now? While there are plenty of guides on installing different things I'm not sure what to install or do from this point. Can anyone tell me some useful things to install and what they do?

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was a new encryption, then all CFW would be affected by it, and everyone in the scene would know about it. Don't look too far ahead.
I think you lost track of what I said in my initial post. I was wondering what I should tell someone thats not technically inclined to do about updating emunand. I am setting up a 3ds for him with CFW/gateway/whatever. Is there like a website I can tell him to go to that basically says if a update is safe to use? He knows literally nothing about the scene, he just got a 3ds a couple days ago so...

icedzed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi! so.. i used to follow the 3ds scene a year ago, i used to put pasta cfw on my 3ds xl(old) using cubic ninja, unfortunally i've used my sd for other stuff.. now i want to update all the system with cfw and stuff, where do i start? sorry for my bad english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.