Jaysus88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello Guys!
Noob here, dont punch me.

I want to buy a N3ds XL and want to install rxTools etc.
I had and o3ds and followed samiam144´s guide and that worked like a charm - but this Tutorial is just for the o3ds.

Now my questions are:
First: What should i pay attention to if a buy a n3ds XL in store? If i understand right the FW sould not be over 10.3 that i can downgrade to 9.2 is that right?

Second: is there a noob friendly guide or can u post some guides in order to get rxtools working. like first downgrading, nand backup, cia installer, emunand and unlink emunand, etc.
it´s not like am not willing to do somoe research but there are like 1000 threads and i lost a bit the overwiew.

Thanks in advance guys!

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi!
I'm really out of the loop when it comes to 3DS hacking scene (as you probably can see by my recent activity or rather complete lack of it), so I thought noob paradise may be good place to start. So...

I have an old 3DS and a 2DS, both on 10.6.0-31E FW and a R4i 3DS (non RTS) from R4I-SDHC.COM, (and the original R4 but I know it's useless outside NDS).
Is there anything safe I can do to these DSes to get that R4i running? If not, then is there (again) anything safe I can do to them to run DS backups? (I'm not so interested in running 3DS backups.) If all previous answers are "no", then... what DS flashcart is not way too expensive, works on 10.6.0-31E firmware and is future proof?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Uh, how exactly do I go about formatting emunand in rxtools? I have updated sysnand to 9.2 and rxtools emunand is still on 4.2 and I want to redo it with 9.2 emunand.
Use sysUpdater to update your emuNAND just like you did with sysNAND

OR

Run emuNAND9, and select Complete emuNAND setup, and follow the instructions. Then install rxTools like you did before, and boot into emuNAND and install and run TinyFormat there. This will unlink your NANDs. Now boot into emuNAND and you will be on FW 9.2 :)
I don't understand why you would want a 9.2 emuNAND, you could just update to the latest FW from system settings :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello Guys!
Noob here, dont punch me.

I want to buy a N3ds XL and want to install rxTools etc.
I had and o3ds and followed samiam144´s guide and that worked like a charm - but this Tutorial is just for the o3ds.

Now my questions are:
First: What should i pay attention to if a buy a n3ds XL in store? If i understand right the FW sould not be over 10.3 that i can downgrade to 9.2 is that right?

Second: is there a noob friendly guide or can u post some guides in order to get rxtools working. like first downgrading, nand backup, cia installer, emunand and unlink emunand, etc.
it´s not like am not willing to do somoe research but there are like 1000 threads and i lost a bit the overwiew.

Thanks in advance guys!
1: Firmware should below 10.3, preferrably 9.0-9.2, but you can downgrade from 10.3 or below, so it doesn't matter that much.
2: Downgrade tutorial:

Creating emuNAND, setting up CFW, etc: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi!
I'm really out of the loop when it comes to 3DS hacking scene (as you probably can see by my recent activity or rather complete lack of it), so I thought noob paradise may be good place to start. So...

I have an old 3DS and a 2DS, both on 10.6.0-31E FW and a R4i 3DS (non RTS) from R4I-SDHC.COM, (and the original R4 but I know it's useless outside NDS).
Is there anything safe I can do to these DSes to get that R4i running? If not, then is there (again) anything safe I can do to them to run DS backups? (I'm not so interested in running 3DS backups.) If all previous answers are "no", then... what DS flashcart is not way too expensive, works on 10.6.0-31E firmware and is future proof?
Nope, nope and nope. No DS flashcart(as in, compatible with 3ds and Nds), can be used on FW 9.2+ Iirc. The only 3ds flashcart that runs on latest FW(10.6) is Sky3ds+

Reactions: Sonic0509

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question that I probably know the answer to:

Is there any way to install legit CIAs on a 10.6 sysNAND? I've been trying with FBI, but it constantly fails to install anything and it never gets past from "Cleaning..." without me having to press A to continue.

No, I didn't update by mistake. Yes, I know about downgrading (N3DS on A9LH!). But I have a 2DS that I give to my younger students to play with when they behave, so I have to keep it as safe as possible. They'd love to play the original Pokémon games.

Last edited by Goloki,

alzaleches

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question that may sound dumb, but here it goes anyways.

I've downgraded my 3DS XL and got my emuNAND with rxTools working fine. sysNAND is not linked with emuNAND, first one on 9.2 and second one on 10.6 with my NNID. The issue comes when I want to update a game, it downloads the patch up to almost 99% and then throws me Error 007-6106 (If I update from the eShop) or Error 005-8034 (if I update from Home Menu). I have properly donwloaded Pokemon Rumble before trying to update games (Shovel Knight v1.2, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 7)

Any clue about what's happening?

Last edited by alzaleches,

HoloryTV

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys I recently downgraded my 10.3 to 9.2 so I installed RxTools, BigBlueMenu and everything is working.

So one of my friend got a N3ds on 10.5
Can I do something with this without hardmode downgrade ?

I have Zelda Ocarina Of Time by the way.

Thanks un advanve !

vankrist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, guys!

My 3ds have a 9.5.0-22E version, but i cant do the downgrade direct to 9.2.

There is any form to make the downgrade?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question that I probably know the answer to:

Is there any way to install legit CIAs on a 10.6 sysNAND? I've been trying with FBI, but it constantly fails to install anything and it never gets past from "Cleaning..." without me having to press A to continue.

No, I didn't update by mistake. Yes, I know about downgrading (N3DS on A9LH!). But I have a 2DS that I give to my younger students to play with when they behave, so I have to keep it as safe as possible. They'd love to play the original Pokémon games.
Nope, Memchunkhax2, which was needed for legit cia installation, was patched in 10.4.

I have a question that may sound dumb, but here it goes anyways.

I've downgraded my 3DS XL and got my emuNAND with rxTools working fine. sysNAND is not linked with emuNAND, first one on 9.2 and second one on 10.6 with my NNID. The issue comes when I want to update a game, it downloads the patch up to almost 99% and then throws me Error 007-6106 (If I update from the eShop) or Error 005-8034 (if I update from Home Menu). I have properly donwloaded Pokemon Rumble before trying to update games (Shovel Knight v1.2, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 7)

Any clue about what's happening?
Have you previously installed updates for these games via cia? If you have, it causes an issue where the updates will fail to download from the eShop.

If this is the issue, there's a somewhat complicated way to fix it. Make a backup of your emuNAND and all of the files on your SD card (alternatively, you can use a different SD card). Format a new emuNAND. Update your new emuNAND. Go to the eShop and download the updates for the games you were unable to update previously. It should download. After you've downloaded all of the updates that you were unable to, restore your emuNAND backup and your SD card backup. Go back to the eShop with your restored emuNAND and try to download the updates. It should now succeed.

Hi guys I recently downgraded my 10.3 to 9.2 so I installed RxTools, BigBlueMenu and everything is working.

So one of my friend got a N3ds on 10.5
Can I do something with this without hardmode downgrade ?

I have Zelda Ocarina Of Time by the way.

Thanks un advanve !
On 10.4+ a hardmod is necessary to downgrade.

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for some tips. I have a n3DS XL with FW 9.6U. I am trying to get anytime of Hax to work on it, but I am failing. I got browserhax to work on it my first try, then I installed menuhax right away, I got into it and was looking into downgrading my FW. It froze on me, so I rebooted and everything seemed fine, but I couldn't get into menuhax anymore. So I went back into browserhax and deleted menuhax and tried reinstalling it again. It still wasn't working for some reason, and since then I haven't been able to boot back into browserhax, It goes then I get stuck on the orange screen for a few seconds then it kicks me out and reports an error.

I have reformatted my SD card, and even my DS multiple times, I have reset the browser save data and rebooted after the error and I continue to try, but I get no luck. I am hoping that there is something simple I am doing wrong or something easy that I can fix.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Of course right after I post this I all of a sudden find a ton of threads relating to my exact problem. ha It seems I might have ended up with a frankenfirmware, so I might try doing OOThax with then I go visit my brother later tonight, if worse comes to worse then I might have to find a game to update me to 10.3

Still, any additional information or tips would be appreciated!

Last edited by link270,

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am looking for a flashcard for the Nintendo 2DS.
I don't need much features like real time sav, the most important things are playing the games and a cheat function.
Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

There's 3 currently available, last I checked: Gateway, Sky3DS, and MT-Card. MT-Card is crap. Sky3DS is slow to update their files but it works. Gateway is what I use and it currently supports cheats and emuNAND up to 10.6. But between the latter two, it's up to you. They're not cheap, though.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you previously installed updates for these games via cia? If you have, it causes an issue where the updates will fail to download from the eShop.

If this is the issue, there's a somewhat complicated way to fix it. Make a backup of your emuNAND and all of the files on your SD card (alternatively, you can use a different SD card). Format a new emuNAND. Update your new emuNAND. Go to the eShop and download the updates for the games you were unable to update previously. It should download. After you've downloaded all of the updates that you were unable to, restore your emuNAND backup and your SD card backup. Go back to the eShop with your restored emuNAND and try to download the updates. It should now succeed.
I pretty sure the fix isn't that complicated.
The issue is that installing via cia creates a fake ticket, which causes a problem when trying to get the legal thing from eshop

So all he have to remove the ticket.dbs files, then he should be able to install via eshop. Then he can put back the ticket.dbs he had before.
No need to get a new emuNAND

D

Deleted User

Hi,

Total n00b here.

I have a New 3DS XL at 10.5 and started reading faqs recently.

If I'm right, I can't downgrade my system without using hard mod, which I am not skilled enought to attempt. So I'm forced to stay >=10.5.

I am tempted to update to 10.6 because:
1) I use to play Pokemon Shuffle, which forces me to update to 10.6 to update the game.
2) I would consider buying Pokemon Yellow from the eShop (yes, I know that I can play it using a GBColor emulator, but that way I won't be able to transfer my Pokemons to Moon and Sun).

On the other hand, updating to 10.6 will block browserhax and homemenuhax, hence, blocking homebrew launcher for me.

Do you think there is something else for me to do? What do you recommend me to do?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friend has O3DSXL upgraded to 10.6.x-U. He has the skills to hardmod. Can he downgrade (and/or OTP extraction) after hard modding? If so, how? Thanks!

grid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So guys im looking into buying a "flashcard" but theres alot different on the market and im kinda confused. I was originally looking into Sky3ds+ but seeing all these options im hoping you guys can help me out a bit. I'm looking for something that can play as many 3ds games as possible, play online (like pokemon online trading and such with other players) and is as easy as possible. What should i get?

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So guys im looking into buying a "flashcard" but theres alot different on the market and im kinda confused. I was originally looking into Sky3ds+ but seeing all these options im hoping you guys can help me out a bit. I'm looking for something that can play as many 3ds games as possible, play online (like pokemon online trading and such with other players) and is as easy as possible. What should i get?

Sky3ds is the easiest card. If you want to put in a bit of work to save 80 bucks then a CFW like RXtools would work just as well. Though it takes quite a while to setup. (first time took me about 2 hours, but I am slow at things like this)

NTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a 3ds that uses 4.5. But I'll also be interested in using whatever official method there is to buy some games, like the vc ones. How would I be able to do this without updating? I've had this sky 3ds (blue button) card for a long time, but never had my own 3ds to play it with. I don't know anything about the 3ds lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh