• Replies 53,807
  • Likes 43

Samman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glory day everyone I went and successfully downgraded my new 3dsxl thank you to everyone that helped answer my questions I couldn't have done it without you.

iDeagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me? All my CIA games are gone from menu. It still can be accessed from FBI. Trying install again gives me error that it exists, but it doesn't appear on menu anymore. What can I do? I have O3DSXL with 5.x sysnand, 10.x emunand (unlinked). I'm using DS profile exploit to launch RxTools.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I downgrade my MSET on 9.2 does that do anything bad? I can't use wifi to do browserhax and I don't have any of the other game hax. I do have a gateway though, I just want to install RXtools + fbi + menuhax.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I downgrade my MSET on 9.2 does that do anything bad? I can't use wifi to do browserhax and I don't have any of the other game hax. I do have a gateway though, I just want to install RXtools + fbi + menuhax.

No, nothing bad will happen. You're using the MSET exploit to get homebrew right?

But Gateway is just a glorified shortcut to help you with Emunand.

qwertoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have been gone a while and need some major help...
So I am on 9.2 system nand with browser, and latest 10.6 emunand. (O3ds, with gateway) I have rxtools 2.6 installed, but recently it wouldnt load through the browser, so I decided to try updating it. I followed the instructions for rxtools 3.0 beta2, but it still wont load. I deleted the old rxtools folders and replaced them, including the FIRM folder.
How am I supposed to load rxtools? I dont have homebrew, ninjhax, browserhax, MSET or anything. I used to just load it through the website without other hacks/homebrews. Any help is appreciated, Thanks

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, nothing bad will happen. You're using the MSET exploit to get homebrew right?

But Gateway is just a glorified shortcut to help you with Emunand.

I was planning on it. I sort of forgot that updating from 4.5 to 9.2 gets rid of my MSET exploit. I assume the only way to get back into rxtools is now via the browser only? I'll need to go find some wifi to borrow so I can install menuhax then :P

woops.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To do a system transfer, both the systems must be on the latest FW. That being said, you can do a system transfer from emuNAND to sysNAND, so if you downgrade your FW 10.3 3DS and install CFW and update its emuNAND you can do a system transfer :)

So you can system transfer from emuNAND to sysNAND, but can you transfer from emuNAND to emuNAND? If so, will it require my NANDs to be unlinked first?

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had downgraded my n3ds to 9.2 from 10.3 and now want i downgrade my o3ds from 10.2 to 9.2. Is this safe?

From what I've read its relatively safe if you take all necessary precautions. Making sure the MD5 of the update matches up with whats posted, not using "safesysupdater" using "sysupdater" instead as the "safe" one is actually more dangerous, etc.

Reactions: Dava

gzz251

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to run pastecfw the screen just stays black. i skipped it and tried EmuNAND9 but it sends me back to homebrew. when i try to use gateway as a alternative when i luanch gateway the screen stays black also. the only one that loads is the fbi one.

please help newbie here i dont know what im doing wrong

new 3ds 9.2

ninty_g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I don't know much about cfw, but I followed a guide and now I have 4.2 sysnand and Rx 10.3 emunand. But I have some problems,

1.) I have a Pokemon X cart I can't play anymore because my sysnand is too low, I was wondering if I could update it safely without loosing my cfw.

2.) I access my emunand cfw through settings and ds profile, so every time I play a Ds game I lose access to my cfw and I have to install the direct boot thing again, is there anyway around this?

Thanks in advance.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I don't know much about cfw, but I followed a guide and now I have 4.2 sysnand and Rx 10.3 emunand. But I have some problems,

1.) I have a Pokemon X cart I can't play anymore because my sysnand is too low, I was wondering if I could update it safely without loosing my cfw.

2.) I access my emunand cfw through settings and ds profile, so every time I play a Ds game I lose access to my cfw and I have to install the direct boot thing again, is there anyway around this?

Thanks in advance.

As someone that just went through this can you tell me which guide you followed aswell as what steps you skipped? Do you for instance have a CIA installer installed on your sysnand? (I think you can play pokemon X in emunand which wouldn't need to be updated since its on 10.3)

Getting around the DS profile exploit being undone each time you enter a DS game would require you to update sysnand to 9.2 via Sysupdater (not via a game) Which would require you to install a CIA installer then once you have it updated to 9.2 you would need to redo part of your emunand setup which requires you to have internet on your 3ds to do so.

ninty_g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I used a youtube video guide, it's in Spanish a friend of mine sent it to me( I'm currently living in Mexico). I don't have a cia installer on sysnand only on emunand.

When I boot Pokemon X on emunand, it says my save is corrupt, I've heard that happens when your save file was originally made on an sysnand. So then I can update my sysnand to 9.2 without losing my cfw? I don't think internet access is a problem for me.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
So you can system transfer from emuNAND to sysNAND, but can you transfer from emuNAND to emuNAND? If so, will it require my NANDs to be unlinked first?
You can also transfer from emuNAND->emuNAND, but it's better for your NANDs to be unlinked :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, don't let the step brother bite +1