• Likes 43

Mattex96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I am having some troubles with themes on Reinand 10.5, sysnand 9.2

I just logged in my Nintendo Network ID for the pokè bank, and I am trying to install some themes with a cia, but this doesn't work, why does it happen? Is there a way to fix it?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I am having some troubles with themes on Reinand 10.5, sysnand 9.2

I just logged in my Nintendo Network ID for the pokè bank, and I am trying to install some themes with a cia, but this doesn't work, why does it happen? Is there a way to fix it?

Are you getting an error?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think I'm booting to EmuNand because I turned my SysNand to red as a way to let me know I'm in Sys. The homebrew launcher and FBI cia's don't show up, so I'm assuming I'm not in emu. My Emunand does show up in Cake when I hold down L to get into Cakes menu though.

edit: I definitely have a working emu Nand and Cakes will definitely boot into it, but the .cia I installed for fbi and homebrew launcher vanished for some reason. My SysNand is a regular gray color and doesn't have my friends list or NNID (intended since unlinked). Can I get those .cia back?

now i'm confused.
you say you turned your sysnand red and you dont think you boot into emunand. then you say your sysnand is grey and you can boot into emunand.

the thing with the black screens is sometimes caused by having menuhax in emunand while also having it set to execute while not holding any (usually the L) button

if you can get to emunand, switch theme once to maybe fix that.

to get cia installer back, i guess you'd need to inject fbi into h&s and install it again in emumand. rxtools can do that, and probably other firmwares

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
now i'm confused.
you say you turned your sysnand red and you dont think you boot into emunand. then you say your sysnand is grey and you can boot into emunand.

the thing with the black screens is sometimes caused by having menuhax in emunand while also having it set to execute while not holding any (usually the L) button

if you can get to emunand, switch theme once to maybe fix that.

to get cia installer back, i guess you'd need to inject fbi into h&s and install it again in emumand. rxtools can do that, and probably other firmwares

I tried updating my old post, but right now I have a perfectly fine working Emunand on 10.6 with FBI+Homebrew Launcher and my sysNand is 9.2, both are unlinked. Games work online again and my saves, but the only thing I can't do is use the e-shop like I normally would. My NNID is on emuNand, but I'm getting mixed signals on what to do to restore this functionality. (I want to buy Pokemon R/B/Y this weekend)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried updating my old post, but right now I have a perfectly fine working Emunand on 10.6 with FBI+Homebrew Launcher and my sysNand is 9.2, both are unlinked. Games work online again and my saves, but the only thing I can't do is use the e-shop like I normally would. My NNID is on emuNand, but I'm getting mixed signals on what to do to restore this functionality. (I want to buy Pokemon R/B/Y this weekend)

i see.
since you already found my other post, this is how it works, just make absolutely sure you make all the required backups:

so once you got the unlinking done and used browserhax to install menuhax on sysnand again (to gain access to rxtools and emunand again)
first, you have to update emunand to latest firmware or you cant access nnid anyway.
then you have to make a backup of your current emunand with emunand9 (option is called copy emunand to emunand.bin).
then make a backup of your emunand folder found in the Nindendo 3ds folder (there'll be two folders, and maybe a private folder. emunand will be the bigger one since that has probably games installed in it. if they're both roughly the same size, get a cia and install it in emunand. also note that folders name. or alternatively, just backup the entire Nintendo 3ds folder).
then, you have to format through systemsettings in emunand this time (also dont remove sd card this time, dont worry, it wont format the whole card, only the emunand folder you just backed up)
once thats done, go back into your now wiped emunand, go through the setup and set an internet connection. go to system settings, click the nnid option at the top and set up his old nnid (you need nickname, password and the email adress you used).
be careful, at this point, it might give you an error while connecting to nintendo servers and ask for an update. on rare occassions, going into the nnid settings from emunand has sent me into sysnand for some reason. if that happens, power down, try again.

and once that is done and you exit the system settings, power down the 3ds, go back into emunand9, look for the setting that clones your previously made emunand.bin back to emunand and finally, replace the wiped emunandfolder in your nintendo 3ds folder with the one you backed up.

Reactions: AdmiralToucan

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've searched many times, and still not found an answer so I will ask here instead :) Is there anyway to install a custom theme on sysNAND without erasing menuhax? (I've tried placing the theme in the menuhax folder and it didn't work)

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i see.
since you already found my other post, this is how it works, just make absolutely sure you make all the required backups:

so once you got the unlinking done and used browserhax to install menuhax on sysnand again (to gain access to rxtools and emunand again)
first, you have to update emunand to latest firmware or you cant access nnid anyway.
then you have to make a backup of your current emunand with emunand9 (option is called copy emunand to emunand.bin).
then make a backup of your emunand folder found in the Nindendo 3ds folder (there'll be two folders, and maybe a private folder. emunand will be the bigger one since that has probably games installed in it. if they're both roughly the same size, get a cia and install it in emunand. also note that folders name. or alternatively, just backup the entire Nintendo 3ds folder).
then, you have to format through systemsettings in emunand this time (also dont remove sd card this time, dont worry, it wont format the whole card, only the emunand folder you just backed up)
once thats done, go back into your now wiped emunand, go through the setup and set an internet connection. go to system settings, click the nnid option at the top and set up his old nnid (you need nickname, password and the email adress you used).
be careful, at this point, it might give you an error while connecting to nintendo servers and ask for an update. on rare occassions, going into the nnid settings from emunand has sent me into sysnand for some reason. if that happens, power down, try again.

and once that is done and you exit the system settings, power down the 3ds, go back into emunand9, look for the setting that clones your previously made emunand.bin back to emunand and finally, replace the wiped emunandfolder in your nintendo 3ds folder with the one you backed up.

Thank you so much for your help, it worked out great! I do have another question though. I have a different O3DS on SysNand 10.6 and a N3DS that can be downgraded and exploited. If I make a 10.6 EmuNand on the N3DS, can I do a system transfer from the O3DS 10.6 to it? Since I heard system transfers do an internet check for the latest firmware before they transfer. Pretty much I just have more save files and a different nnid I want to keep.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question. I know I could run FBI from the Homebrew Launcher, is it possible to install a CIA even if I'm 10.5-30? the cia I want to install is TWL Slot-1 Launcher v2. Thanks beforehand!
You cannot install unsigned CIA's. So the answer to that question is no.
(I am sure you needed to be in some form of sigpatched sysnand to install and run it though I could be wrong)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone? any idea about this?
not for .cia games but .3ds games should work that way
I have a question. I know I could run FBI from the Homebrew Launcher, is it possible to install a CIA even if I'm 10.5-30? the cia I want to install is TWL Slot-1 Launcher v2. Thanks beforehand!
no you cant
is there anyway to bypass the browser when you're trying to downgrade the system?

can you use themehax even with a dummy browser?
. . . the browser is not needed for themehax what you need if you can not access the browser is another hbc entrypoint to set up menuhax so either
cubic ninja
or zelda oot and powersaves
or sky3ds and a cubic ninja rom

Reactions: Garou

Samman09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not for .cia games but .3ds games should work that way
no you cant

. . . the browser is not needed for themehax what you need if you can not access the browser is another hbc entrypoint to set up menuhax so either
cubic ninja
or zelda oot and powersaves
or sky3ds and a cubic ninja rom
crap alright I was hoping to use my gate-way to downgrade my n3ds but thanks I guess.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have two o3ds with the 9.9 browser block of doom. I happen to have a 9.2 o3DS with rxtools and all that good stuff. If I were to buy OOT 3DS, could I just use my 9.2 3DS to inject the hack save to OOT, and use that game cart on the 9.9 3DSes, thus not needing power saves?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I have two o3ds with the 9.9 browser block of doom. I happen to have a 9.2 o3DS with rxtools and all that good stuff. If I were to buy OOT 3DS, could I just use my 9.2 3DS to inject the hack save to OOT, and use that game cart on the 9.9 3DSes, thus not needing power saves?
Indeed

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes
edit for some reason the post above mine did not load untill after i responded . . . . wtf? gbatemp . . . wtf?

Last edited by wormdood,

Eawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i have a o3ds sysnand 9.2 emunand latest and now i want to format emunand couse i screwed it up and reinstall it. but dont remember how to get to gateway hack. Becouse it autoboot to rxtools

TS26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am trying to run mario and luigi paper jam but it requries an update. I am on N3DS 9.0 running Sky3ds blue edition. Also, I have reinand CFW and pasta CFW. How can I bypass the update on the game?

Edit: I am a noob at this so sorry. Anyhow, If I go into reinand CFW it goes into the emunand right? It says Rei 9.4.0-20U in the system settings. Can I update that to 10 so I can play mario? And then the original system FW will still be 9.0?

Last edited by TS26,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o