• Replies 53,783
  • Likes 43

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping someone could catch me up to speed.

I just updated to Gateway 3.71. Running EmuNAND on 10.1.0-27U, and my SysNAND is still 4.4.x.

I would very much like to have access to CFW so I can get some GBA goodness on my Old 3DSXL.

Could someone point me in the right direction on which steps I need to follow?

Thanks in advance.

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm also not sure what cfw to use... I feel like cakes/rei are what a noon should go with. When the home brew scene was booming with emulators I remember 9.2 users could use a psx emu at mostly playable speeds. Does that depend on cfw choice?

asdfghjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unfortunate enough to have not updated to 10.3 in time before Ninty released 10.4. My O3DS is currently on 9.9, and from what I've seen, not that many people downgraded successfully from 9.9 itself. Could I use sysupdater and a 10.3 CIA to upgrade to 10.3 that way? Does it even work like that?

Or should I just bite the bullet and attempt to downgrade from 9.9 as-is?

My question's been buried by 3 pages, so bump. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question's been buried by 3 pages, so bump. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
I downgraded an O3DS from 9.5 with no issues. Not sure about 9.9 though. That's what my brother's 3DS is on, so I'd be interested to know what you find out. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Also, if I update my 10.3 emunand to 10.4, will any of my CIAs disappear? Specifically, ones like BBM, FBI, etc.?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unfortunate enough to have not updated to 10.3 in time before Ninty released 10.4. My O3DS is currently on 9.9, and from what I've seen, not that many people downgraded successfully from 9.9 itself. Could I use sysupdater and a 10.3 CIA to upgrade to 10.3 that way? Does it even work like that?

Or should I just bite the bullet and attempt to downgrade from 9.9 as-is?
Really there no major difference downgrading from 9.9 or 10.3.
Just downgrade now.

Drexhan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a doubt here, just got Sky3DS+ and I installed Ninjhax. My doubt is can I run DS games on Sky3DS+ ? if so how? Sorry but i couldn't find the answer anywhere :(

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have my NNID linked to my N3DS sysNAND. Will downgrading automatically unlink NNID for me so I can use use eShop later in emuNAND or does this not matter and will automatically detect that it's still the same N3DS and allow me eShop access from emuNAND?

voxware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS on 9.2 with RxTools and an unlinked emuNAND. I'm finally starting to delve into the features of the 3DS itself and not just playing games, I'm wondering if I can apply the update for StreetPass?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can downgrade straight from 9.9. Updating then downgrading would be more dangerous than just downgrading (messing with sysNAND files twice instead of once).

I downgraded an O3DS from 9.5 with no issues. Not sure about 9.9 though. That's what my brother's 3DS is on, so I'd be interested to know what you find out. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Also, if I update my 10.3 emunand to 10.4, will any of my CIAs disappear? Specifically, ones like BBM, FBI, etc.?
No, they'll still be there.

I'm having a doubt here, just got Sky3DS+ and I installed Ninjhax. My doubt is can I run DS games on Sky3DS+ ? if so how? Sorry but i couldn't find the answer anywhere :(
You can't run DS roms with Sky3DS. Sky3DS is for 3DS roms only.

I have my NNID linked to my N3DS sysNAND. Will downgrading automatically unlink NNID for me so I can use use eShop later in emuNAND or does this not matter and will automatically detect that it's still the same N3DS and allow me eShop access from emuNAND?
You can have your NNID linked with both sysNAND and emuNAND without issue. The NNID is tied to the console ID, not the NAND. I've had mine linked to both sysNAND and emuNAND since before CFWs existed and never had any issues.

I have a New 3DS on 9.2 with RxTools and an unlinked emuNAND. I'm finally starting to delve into the features of the 3DS itself and not just playing games, I'm wondering if I can apply the update for StreetPass?
You'll need to either spoof your firmware version or switch from rxTools to ReiNAND and update your emuNAND to download the Street Pass update from the eShop. You might also be able to find a cia version of the update on "some iso site."

Reactions: iwabo and voxware

igivenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not completely sure this belongs here but I've been looking into buying a New3DS. If I purchased a new one (Amazon) within the next couple of weeks should I expect the console to ship to me with 10.4 on it?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not completely sure this belongs here but I've been looking into buying a New3DS. If I purchased a new one (Amazon) within the next couple of weeks should I expect the console to ship to me with 10.4 on it?
All unused N3DSes should come with below 10.0 firmware. As long as the seller hasn't taken the N3DS out of the box and updated it, you'll be completely fine buying one off Amazon.

Reactions: igivenup

adonreborn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've got a noob question here and I really can't find a straight answer to it without looking through all 756 pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has been asked to death.

Basically, do all custom firmwares require a gateway or sky3ds card to run roms? Are there any that are purely software based?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I've got a noob question here and I really can't find a straight answer to it without looking through all 756 pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has been asked to death.

Basically, do all custom firmwares require a gateway or sky3ds card to run roms? Are there any that are purely software based?
All CFWs are completely software based except for Gateway. Sky3DS is just a flashcart. You have a few options for CFW, but I'd recommend rxTools if you're using an O3DS and ReiNAND if you're using an N3DS.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,
Reactions: adonreborn

Rarokko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question:

I am planning to follow this guide: http://pastebin.com/EBKipkPW
This is the first time I will do this to my 3DS, but I read somewhere that it is not the best choice to do it right now since there is a new version (10.4), but I didn't update. There is any risk to brick my 3ds?

JaimeLannister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Noob question, I'm goint to install cfw on my O3ds but I'm gonna use a 16GB SD card instead of the 2GB it had. Do i have to copy everything from the 2GB card to the 16GB, or should I start from the 16GB from scratch?

Volktio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(SOLVED) hi everyone :D i need some noob help please :c i have n3ds xl (Hyrule) and i thought that it was on 9.2.0U but suddenly it changed to 9.9.26U (i swear i didn't update it, maybe the game KH3D auto-updated it :c) and i figured it out because i couldn't load Pasta or mini pasta, but now i can't even start the browserhax because of the update nag on the n3ds browser and i've read that you can't start browserhax in 9.9 so tomorrow i will receive a Sky3ds+,is there a way to make browserhax work on 9.9 (something about DNS maybe?) or should i wait till my Sky3ds+ for Ninjahax? Thanks in advanced

Edit: someone gave me the answer in another post and its better waiting for the Ninjhax :)

Last edited by Volktio,

Volktio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOOB question how can i update payloads for browserhax ? i have a o3ds with 10.4.29 U reading here in gbatemp it says that you can use browserhax in o3ds only if you uptade the payloads but i dont know how can someone help me please? :c (sorry for my bad english)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi