• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What brand did u get and can you give a link where u got that from?

Thinking about my own question, I don't think it matters because it gets re-formatted anyway when creating the emunand. To answer yours, they are both SanDisk. I cannot provide a link because I got them free with two LG V10 phones. :)

madmax2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thinking about my own question, I don't think it matters because it gets re-formatted anyway when creating the emunand. To answer yours, they are both SanDisk. I cannot provide a link because I got them free with two LG V10 phones. :)

Nice!!

200gb card is quite large card to get free and quite expensive

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Micro-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ

Why did the phone come with such a big card?

They could have just gave a 32gb etc..

Last edited by madmax2,

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I just delete games (installed with .cia) in the system settings? Because I read everything will get deleted when entering data mangement. They are on Emunand if thats important.

madmax2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the safest method to uninstall CIA games?

==

Does 3DS support USB transfer or FTP ? I don't want to take out my sdcard each time I want some new app/game to put on it

Is it safe to hotswap a sdcard while in the homescreen?

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
reinand is very basic i dont know if it has gba support . . . but i can say the gba.cia games must be installed to sysnand (destination sd if using fbi)

install them as a .cia as well
and fbi (along with bigredmenu and nasa) is (are) completely open source and big blue box (bbm/devmenu/titlemanager/devmenu2x) are all mods of a official nintendo dev app

I installed to sysnand, but when i boot i get a black screen with no text. Is there anything else i have to add or not?

Edit: 2nd time i tried to boot in a GBA game i get the hold power button for 10 sec error message.

Last edited by Nickm23,

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just googeld, and it seems like you can press R in FBI to open a menu where you see all your games, but only their IDs. So checkout the ID on 3dsdb.com and delete them.

Can't u just uninstall the game in the settings of ur ds? (data management > 3ds software > select game to uninstall?) or am i doing it terribly wrong :P

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't u just uninstall the game in the settings of ur ds? (data management > 3ds software > select game to uninstall?) or am i doing it terribly wrong :P
I´m not sure, I read somewhere either you would lose all yoour games when entering data management xD
But if you´re doing it all the time so it might be okay :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So in the readme on that iso side it says: 4) AT NO CIRCUNSTANCE YOU MUST ACCESS THE "DATA MANAGEMENT" SECTION OF THE "CONSOLE DEFINITIONS" IN THE SYSNAND! By doing so, YOU WILL LOSE EVERY CIA INSTALLED AND IT'S SAVE DATA ALL TOGETHER.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m not sure, I read somewhere either you would lose all yoour games when entering data management xD
But if you´re doing it all the time so it might be okay :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So in the readme on that iso side it says: 4) AT NO CIRCUNSTANCE YOU MUST ACCESS THE "DATA MANAGEMENT" SECTION OF THE "CONSOLE DEFINITIONS" IN THE SYSNAND! By doing so, YOU WILL LOSE EVERY CIA INSTALLED AND IT'S SAVE DATA ALL TOGETHER.
thats only in sysnand with linked nands

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I have a O3DS with emunand 10.3 using RXtools. My problem is every time I try to install a theme in .cia they does not come up with the rest in the changing theme menu thing. I don't know what happends. It seems to be the same if I use a .cia done with custom themes or official ones. I install it with the FBI, and it seems to work. Also, the options APP says it has themes installed, but they doesn't show up to change them... What should I do? Am I doing anything wrong?

Weltock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am, since the guide I was using specifically mentioned the N3DS.

But just to try everything I exchanged my "updates" folder on the SD card for another "updates" derived from 9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS.zip, on https://mega.nz/#F!IApGwLJL!kYHL5jMlDfd0rmn6a8DaFw

This led to this error:

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Kinstrome/20160116_231750_zpsgfrjvld9.jpg

It's basically the same as before: a CIA file is missing and I don't know why it's missing or where to find it.

NOTE: I deleted the file 000400102002CA00.cia from the "updates" folder as per the brick-prevention guide located somewhere else on the site. But anyway, that isn't the file it said was missing.

I realized that the file in that photo (0002001000020900.cia) isn't actually missing; it's just failing to work somehow. I'm pretty sure I'm using the right files for a JPN N3DS. What could be causing the problem?

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finally resolved to update my N3DS emuNAND to 10.3 since CakesFW is now compatible. I'd like to perform a system transfer from my 10.3 emuNAND o3DS to the 10.3 emuNAND N3DS via PC. What files are needed to transfer for my downloaded software and saves to be on the target system? Would merely merging the title folder be sufficient?

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've recently bought a n3ds xl, it runs the latest firmware (E 10.3.0-28).

I have seen that ReiNand and gateway both got updated to support that firmware, i was wondering if it is actually possible for me to use either one to play downloaded game on my device and if so, which one i should go for.

Admittedly, i'm not familiar with most abbreviations (such as emunand, sysnand, hbl) which is why i'm asking here.
As far as i seem to understand, i can use ReiNand to install custom software (such as games) into the SD card inside the n3ds xl, while gateway uses a cartridge, tho i don't know much else.

I'd be glad if someone could have the patience to quickly clear my confusion. (i'm sure this has been asked dozens of times)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What exactly are those .bin files that the different CFWs require? What do they do technically? They're not included in most downloads, so I assume it's something copyrighted from Nintendo.
Also, are they interchangeable between CFWs? I've followed tutorials to set up both reinand and rxtools for example. But the .bin files are different in size. If they are indeed genuine Nintendo-files, how come they're different? Also, are they firmware-related? I now have a 9.2 emunand. If I update to 10.3, does that require new bin files?

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've recently bought a n3ds xl, it runs the latest firmware (E 10.3.0-28).

I have seen that ReiNand and gateway both got updated to support that firmware, i was wondering if it is actually possible for me to use either one to play downloaded game on my device and if so, which one i should go for.

Admittedly, i'm not familiar with most abbreviations (such as emunand, sysnand, hbl) which is why i'm asking here.
As far as i seem to understand, i can use ReiNand to install custom software (such as games) into the SD card inside the n3ds xl, while gateway uses a cartridge, tho i don't know much else.

I'd be glad if someone could have the patience to quickly clear my confusion. (i'm sure this has been asked dozens of times)

Okay, let's start by breaking down your post. Unfortunately, from my phone it's difficult to provide links, but I'll try and make it so you can find the proper threads yourself fairly easily.

First, you'll need to downgrade your console. There are a handful of threads in this section of the forums about that, including a guide.

Next, for ReiNand and Gateway, there are other CFWs that you may want to consider, such as RxTools. If you're willing to pay, I'd suggest Gateway for the relatively easy setup, regular updates, and cheat capabilities.

CFWs (aside from gateway) play game backups solely in .CIA format, from the microSD card. Gateway, using the red card, can play .3ds games (roms in a cartridge format).

To start, though, downgrade your device and decide which CFW you prefer.

Cheers, and post back if you have more questions.

screw_ball69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I have gotten the Homebrew launcher running on my 10.28U o3ds.
when I try to downgrade it it just freezes and does nothing. is my update file bad or do I just need to keep doing this till it works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, and the 12 inches pianist?