• Views 4,531,258
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, my New 3DS XL is on a slightly older firmware so that I can run browserhax, 2 away from whatever the latest is I think. anyway, is there any way to update my Super Smash to the latest version without updating my system software and killing off homebrew access?

No, Nintendo already killed the spoofers and you can no longer access the eShop if you don't update your system.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I now have an original 3ds at firmware 9.9 in which I play retail cart games such as Pokemon X and OR...I plan to system transfer to a 3ds Xl with 4.3 sysnand/10.3 emunand...will i be able to play the games and use the save files in Emunand? Do I have to upgrade my sysnand to 9.2 to be able to play with those games ? What if i buy the retail version of Bravely second once it comes out?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please tell me about this a little bit more?
if you email sky3ds they say they are working on a new template for sky blue button that will update it for newer ap but for now this remains unseen . . . thats all there is to tell

remember the question was about "hope" for a solution . . . not a actual solution

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble accessing the Gateway menu after setting up the emuNAND on my 9.0.0-20U N3DS. I am following the CakesFW part of this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/). I've yet to unlink the NANDs and I've been using Ninjhax (I have a cart copy of CN) and later MenuHax as my HBL entry points. The quotes below include some more details on my issue. What do I need to do to continue troubleshooting this issue?
I deleted the CN save and reinstalled the exploit. The console froze at this point:
2ia4jzb.jpg
2ia4jzb.jpg

I also tried replacing the Launch.dat file with one that was freshly extracted from the GW zip folder. My console still froze when attempting to launch the Gateway menu:
2wq4zyh.jpg

Would it be worthwhile to delete the CN save again and reinstall the exploit with the fresh Launch.dat file?

Edit: Lately the top screen will also turn solid red before abruptly quitting out of CN with the "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close..." message.

I reformatted my SDXC card and N3DS XL. Again, I was able to successfully install CakesFW, install FBI, install CN and format emuNAND. My console still froze when attempting to access the Gateway menu after restoring the SD card. I then deleted CN, reinstalled CN, and replaced Gateway's Launcher.dat file. I'm still unable to enter the Gateway menu. Through multiple attempts I've seen the top screen freeze as solid pink, pink with vertical glitched green stripe at various locations, solid red, and solid grey. Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have set up my rxtools on my European n3ds yesterday. I tried a bunch of cia including firmware spoofed and cryptofixed ones, every European cia works like a charm. I also have a region free USA cia but that one does not work, it stays blank in the menu. Do I need to activate region free in rxtools anywhere or is the cia file just corrupted? The game is also available as European cia so that is not the problem but I wonder why a region free us cia does not work despite it should work on rxtools.

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anything I have to be aware of while picking a micro sd card? Nintendo says sdxc cards are not compatible, but apparently they are? Is 64 gb too much?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anything I have to be aware of while picking a micro sd card? Nintendo says sdxc cards are not compatible, but apparently they are? Is 64 gb too much?
I just set up my 64gb SanDisk sdxc yesterday and it works fine. You need to format it to fat32, which is the only small hurdle as Windows' own formatting tool can not do that, it will only allow exfat and that won't work. Google on how to setup 64gb microsd it will point you to different ways to achieve it. I used a partition manager tool which let me format the cars to fat32 but I'm sure there are easier ways, probably also possible via command line somehow

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: wormdood

scooby_doo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've really been out of the loop and need some help.

I have a New 3DS (v4.5 firmware) with Gateway and was happily using it OMEGA 2.2

I've seen a bunch of updates now we are at ULTRA 3.4.1. I would like to know how to get to 9.5 EmuNAND.

I've created a bit of a mess but my sysNAND is still at 4.5 and now I've had to format my emuNAND so when I load gateway mode, it's at GW4.5.

What do I need to do from here to get my n3DS emuNAND updated to 9.5 (safely)?

I've tried to copy the 9.5.0-23 update to the sdcard and use bigbluemenu to update directly but it just blackscreens when I try to reload after updating (I've tried several times).. I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere.

Thanks.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I've really been out of the loop and need some help.

I have a New 3DS (v4.5 firmware) with Gateway and was happily using it OMEGA 2.2

I've seen a bunch of updates now we are at ULTRA 3.4.1. I would like to know how to get to 9.5 EmuNAND.

I've created a bit of a mess but my sysNAND is still at 4.5 and now I've had to format my emuNAND so when I load gateway mode, it's at GW4.5.

What do I need to do from here to get my n3DS emuNAND updated to 9.5 (safely)?

I've tried to copy the 9.5.0-23 update to the sdcard and use bigbluemenu to update directly but it just blackscreens when I try to reload after updating (I've tried several times).. I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere.

Thanks.
:wtf:n3ds in 4.5 ?. . . do you mean o3ds?
if o3ds then you can update emunand to 10.3 from system settings app in emunand
if n3ds then you
you download the 9.5 update files in cia format from some iso site
download Sysupdater
put downloaded update files in a folder named update on sd root
put sysupdater on sd root
install sysupdater to emunand
load sysupdater (in emunand) select the update folder wait . . . done

Last edited by wormdood,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have set up my rxtools on my European n3ds yesterday. I tried a bunch of cia including firmware spoofed and cryptofixed ones, every European cia works like a charm. I also have a region free USA cia but that one does not work, it stays blank in the menu. Do I need to activate region free in rxtools anywhere or is the cia file just corrupted? The game is also available as European cia so that is not the problem but I wonder why a region free us cia does not work despite it should work on rxtools.
you are correct it should work it may just be a bad dump converted into a cia
i have a usa console and play eu and jap cias jut fine

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this in another thread but it wasn't getting any love. Please help.

I just started using rxtools today but I have been using gateway for a while.

What is the extent of region free on rxtools? In rxmode on emunand 10.3 on o3ds can it load out of region carts or do I still have to use the region free launcher on ninjahax 2.5?

I have a sky3ds that plays my region games just fine. I placed a japanese copy of yo-kai watch busters on it and it showed on the menu but it says the game card can not be read. Before I go into downloading a bunch or roms to test I want to know if this is normal.

Edit: I have tried a few different Japanese roms all with the same result. They show on the system menu but say game card could not be read. If I use ninjahax 2.5's region free loader they play.

The user manual works through the system menu just not the game. Any thoughts?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394 guide the only thing that I need to do for my New3dsxl? I mean there are so many different launchers, firmwares and all these rxtools-stuff that needed to be installed that I'm really lost. I feel like I need a guide about guides, heh.
that guide actually covers cakes pasta and rxtools 3 out of 4 of gbatemps favorite 3ds cfw options
and yes the guide has everything they can legally link for you (i think there are 2 or 3 files you must get for yourself
What is the extent of region free on rxtools? In rxmode on emunand 10.3 on o3ds can it load out of region carts or do I still have to use the region free launcher on ninjahax 2.5?

I have a sky3ds that plays my region games just fine. I placed a japanese copy of yo-kai watch busters on it and it showed on the menu but it says the game card can not be read. Before I go into downloading a bunch or roms to test I want to know if this is normal.

Edit: I have tried a few different Japanese roms all with the same result. They show on the system menu but say game card could not be read. If I use ninjahax 2.5's region free loader they play.

The user manual works through the system menu just not the game. Any thoughts?
the cfw does not affect your 3ds or 3dz roms rxtools allows for .cia roms including region free ones

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So rxtools does not support region free for physical games only cia? Did not know that. I assumed it would work like gateway and allow region free for 3ds roms. It's strange that they show in the system menu while in rxmode becuase they do not in sysnand.

Thank you.

Last edited by Bu2d85,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By "use that to install Ironhax again" you mean if you already have the old version of Iron Fall Invasion? Or is there some way to get the old version with Ninjhax? Or is there a new version of Ironhax for the latest eShop version?
the first thought is correct
or
1. yes
2. no unless you have cfw then install the .cia (but thats silly cubic ninja cia is smaller and leads you to the same hbc)
3. no
either way the message is the same

Last edited by wormdood,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you are correct it should work it may just be a bad dump converted into a cia
i have a usa console and play eu and jap cias jut fine
Thanks I will try another version. I see its title Id in fbi but cannot launch via fbi either, screen stays black. I think the dump is bad. If everything goes wrong I'll just stay with eur versions, can live with that.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So rxtools does not support region free for physical games only cia? Did not know that. I assumed it would work like gateway and allow region free for 3ds roms. It's strange that they show in the system menu while in rxmode becuase they do not in sysnand.

Thank you.
You can't use .3ds roms in rxtools anyway, so wondering if rxtools allows region free for .3ds roms doesn't make sense.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use .3ds roms in rxtools anyway, so wondering if rxtools allows region free for .3ds roms doesn't make sense.

You can if you have a sky3ds which I do. The question was also referring to physical game carts. Why does rxtools not support region free on physical media natively?

I have it figured out now. I found freemultipatcher. It lets me play out of region games directly from the home menu. Now I throw all of my roms on sky and play them directly. If this were implemented into rxtools it would be almost perfect.

RXtools + menuhax + sky3ds + freemultipatcher = Coldboot gateway.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country

point is its the fact that the games have been converted to cia files that governs the region free. because its during that process that region specific is switched off....

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but,

Yesterday I received an old 3ds with firmware version 4.1.0-6e (UK region), It has an SD card in it and I have a few game cartridges. I had a quick read on hacking this - but to be honest there was that much stuff to read I became confused as to how to hack it using the SD card.

Do I need to dump the nand first to hack it using solder and wires etc - or can that be done using just software?

Also do I need to update the 3ds to a newer version?

Basically I just down to download some games to test - put them on a larger sd card and play them, is this possible to do without needing to buy a flashcard?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag