• Views 4,450,642
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi guys, I just got my GW3DS and I'm having some issues because of the latest firmware. From one the tutorials I followed it mentioned something about downloading an official update onto the SD card and then booting from it. Well it works... kinda. When I try to access the settings it gets stuck on the 3DS loading screen forever and the tutorial mentions something about accessing gateway from the spoofed 7.xx. (which doesn't work anymore because Nintendo patched it)

Are new Gateway owners screwed or is there a way to access backups and play them?
System settings is only broke in 7.2 emunand, there is no reason it would stop people using their gateway card, it isn't even necessary to update to 7.2 in emunand if you don't want to

Dolei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is it possible to edit {ple,pm X/Y saves yet? or at least, inject pkx files in some way?

I have a save dongle, and looking around it seemed the consensus was that it couldn't happen til XY saves had been decoded. I saw on Project Pokemon that they had been disrupted as of May. Not to mention, I traded with someone today who had shiny Xerneai, Yveltals, Zygardes, Arcei, Celibis etc. Which would hint that this is porrible, hopefully the person wasn't just a hacker showing off.

I wasn't sure where to ask this so I figured the noob thread would do haha. Thanks in advance :)

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is it possible to edit {ple,pm X/Y saves yet? or at least, inject pkx files in some way?

I have a save dongle, and looking around it seemed the consensus was that it couldn't happen til XY saves had been decoded. I saw on Project Pokemon that they had been disrupted as of May. Not to mention, I traded with someone today who had shiny Xerneai, Yveltals, Zygardes, Arcei, Celibis etc. Which would hint that this is porrible, hopefully the person wasn't just a hacker showing off.

I wasn't sure where to ask this so I figured the noob thread would do haha. Thanks in advance :)

No. not yet.
Save is decrypted but can't be properly reencrypted yet.

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
System settings is only broke in 7.2 emunand, there is no reason it would stop people using their gateway card, it isn't even necessary to update to 7.2 in emunand if you don't want to

Ok, this actually answers my previous question why I can't see GW 3DS 7.x.x version in settings (because it never gets past load screen). I think my emunand is 7.2 as my system settings hangs in load screen when going to it thru GW mode. The backups all work. So I don't have to worry about anything do I? Other than patiently wait for a fix (which really is the easiest part). Is there any reason to go back a version of emunand (not sure if even possible)? I just got card and went thru steps in preparing in from maxconsole step by step guide (suggested to me on page 126.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could go back to an older emunand if you backed one up.

If you don't have a backed up <7.2 emunand, there's no way to make one. Emunand will only be able to update to whatever Nintendo is serving at the time, but if you back it up before updating you can always go back if you wanted.

Of course there's really no benefit at the moment for 7.2 emunand so you're better off just leaving it at whatever your system is at until a fix from the gateway team arrives. Emunand when it came out was able to access eshop, and other online services, but now those don't work currently. All games (except 7.2 encrypted ones) work on the 4.x emunand and 4.x real nand in gateway mode.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is a powersave and how do I use one?! I only want a shiny Jirachi haha ;-;

I got my Powersaves Pro, and it didn't even work. It couldn't connect online, for games like Animal Crossing and Pokemon. I have no idea what the problem is, and nobody does. Not even the support from their site. So I just returned mine. It will prob work for you though, and yes it's only $20 now from Amazon.

Sagebeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple questions. Getting into buying a flashcart for my 3DS, I had one for my DS years ago, and i've done a bit of soft and hardmodding for various consoles and handhelds and want to go into these with my facts straight before I go bricking shit.

I'm looking to get a flashcart that will function on my 3DSXL for the sake of pokegenning, or in general manipulating savedata from some choice DS Pokemon games.

Various places direct me to names like gateway, and R4iGold, but the information is outdated, and apparently R4i's have a chance of just arbitrarily bricking your handheld? I know there are risks involved regardless but there seem to be more reports for it.

Gateway is near 100$, R4i is goonna break my shit and made out of crap plastic.

Something called Supercard DSTWO is 40$ and apparently gods gift to flashcarts atm, thats why i'm here really.

Is it safe? Is it easy to setup? Do I need more than my 3DSXL and a microSD to use it / install it?

Does it support DS games and action replay input?

Just in case its important, my 3DS is currently 7.2.0-17U

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple questions. Getting into buying a flashcart for my 3DS, I had one for my DS years ago, and i've done a bit of soft and hardmodding for various consoles and handhelds and want to go into these with my facts straight before I go bricking shit.

I'm looking to get a flashcart that will function on my 3DSXL for the sake of pokegenning, or in general manipulating savedata from some choice DS Pokemon games.

Various places direct me to names like gateway, and R4iGold, but the information is outdated, and apparently R4i's have a chance of just arbitrarily bricking your handheld? I know there are risks involved regardless but there seem to be more reports for it.

Gateway is near 100$, R4i is goonna break my shit and made out of crap plastic.

Something called Supercard DSTWO is 40$ and apparently gods gift to flashcarts atm, thats why i'm here really.

Is it safe? Is it easy to setup? Do I need more than my 3DSXL and a microSD to use it / install it?

Does it support DS games and action replay input?

Just in case its important, my 3DS is currently 7.2.0-17U

A Supercard DSTwo is your best choice for a DS flashcard. It's one of the only working DS flashcards that still work on 3DS' latest firmwares. It also has built in CPU, which helps you to emulate GBA and SNES games nicely. You can't emulate GBA games on other flashcards without this extra CPU power.
You wouldn't be wrong for getting it, and it surely does not brick your 3DS. Only a 3DS flashcard such as a Gateway or R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe can actually brick your 3DS. But only if it's a clone. If you shop from trusted sources, you''ll be fine.
Just remember the difference between a DS flashcard, and a 3DS flashcard. They're both entirely different. You would need a 4.5 3DS to play a 3DS flashcard. So that's not an option.
The DSTwo features free cheats for DS games, simple to use. Im not sure about pokegenning, maybe someone else will answer that :c

So basically, your DSTwo can play DS, GBA, GB, SNES, NES, Sega genesis.
You won't be able to play 3DS roms on it, unless you bought a used 3DS from ebay that had 4.5 on it, then bought a Gateway.

Also to clear a confusion for you, there's an R4i Gold 3DS (DS flashcard), then there's the R4i gold 3DS Gold Deluxe (3DS flashcard). From the same manufacturer, but different functionality.

Sagebeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Supercard DSTwo is your best choice for a DS flashcard. It's one of the only working DS flashcards that still work on 3DS' latest firmwares. It also has built in CPU, which helps you to emulate GBA and SNES games nicely. You can't emulate GBA games on other flashcards without this extra CPU power.
You wouldn't be wrong for getting it, and it surely does not brick your 3DS. Only a 3DS flashcard such as a Gateway or R4i 3DS Gold Deluxe can actually brick your 3DS. But only if it's a clone. If you shop from trusted sources, you''ll be fine.
Just remember the difference between a DS flashcard, and a 3DS flashcard. They're both entirely different. You would need a 4.5 3DS to play a 3DS flashcard. So that's not an option.
The DSTwo features free cheats for DS games, simple to use. Im not sure about pokegenning, maybe someone else will answer that :c

So basically, your DSTwo can play DS, GBA, GB, SNES, NES, Sega genesis.
You won't be able to play 3DS roms on it, unless you bought a used 3DS from ebay that had 4.5 on it, then bought a Gateway.

Also to clear a confusion for you, there's an R4i Gold 3DS (DS flashcard), then there's the R4i gold 3DS Gold Deluxe (3DS flashcard). From the same manufacturer, but different functionality.

Much appreciated, this was the exact information I was looking for.

So the Supercard DSTwo can simply run on the latest firmware without any setup or installation with a different DS, etc?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much appreciated, this was the exact information I was looking for.

So the Supercard DSTwo can simply run on the latest firmware without any setup or installation with a different DS, etc?

I'm actually new here, but I know a few things here and there. Glad I can help someone in need. I know just how it is to need help, and need someone to answer you.

Yep the DSTwo runs on the latest 3DS firmware. When you buy a DSTwo, the company tests the flashcard to see if it's a fake, then they make sure it's updated to the latest firmware. Then they ship it out to you.
I heard that you can even update the DSTwo's firmware without another DS. Just by placing the update file on the root of the SD card and running your DSTwo on your 3DS.
The latest 3DS firmware does not block flashcards, so DSTwo hasn't released any new firmware updates for a while now. Nintendo seemed to stop trying to block flashcards for a while.

If you ever want a Gateway, I suggest selling your 3DS, and GET a 3DS. It really helps you spend less. Regular 3DS go for $120 while 3DS XL go for about $220.
The DSTwo actually becomes a replacement for the blue card that comes with the Gateway. You can run the exploit from the DSTwo. So the DSTwo and Gateway, make one ULTIMATE 3DS together!!

nysn

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
If I plan to use the gateway, will I not be able to use legit carts for games that require 4.5+?
I'm worried about the upcoming Smash Bros game.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If I plan to use the gateway, will I not be able to use legit carts for games that require 4.5+?
I'm worried about the upcoming Smash Bros game.
Only issue will be 7.x+ legit cards, only game so far that doesn't work in classic mode is tomodachi life, it's probable smash bros will also be using 7.x encryption, but according to gateway they have a solution already and will be releasing an update soon to support 7.x encrypted games

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I got my Powersaves Pro, and it didn't even work. It couldn't connect online, for games like Animal Crossing and Pokemon. I have no idea what the problem is, and nobody does. Not even the support from their site. So I just returned mine. It will prob work for you though, and yes it's only $20 now from Amazon.

Is your program allowed to connect through firewall?

Did you key in your license key and e-mail correctly?

Sorry to hear yours doesn't work :(

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your program allowed to connect through firewall?

Did you key in your license key and e-mail correctly?

Sorry to hear yours doesn't work :(

Thanks for asking, but I troubleshooted it in every way. I disabled my firewall, and anti virus. I have a decent connection of 7 MBPS. So there's no way it wouldn't work. I previously had comodo firewall installed, but I uninstalled it. So it shouldn't be a problem for me anymore. I hope it didnt change my firewall in any way. But it's definitely an error on my end. This would work for someone else. I added an exception to the firewall for the program too. Still couldn't connect.

I use a wifi adapter, to enable wireless on my desktop. Dunno if that's why it doesn't allow my Powersaves to connect.

I have a noob question myself: Can you rip Tomodachi Life and play it on Gateway, or does it suffer the same problem as playing it from the retail cart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...