• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just got my GW3D and I have everything setup. i formatted my SD Card and got the EmuNand setup straight after installing the OMEGA 2.2 firmware. I enter Classic mode and my firmware in settings says GW 3D 4.5.0 U-10

When I try to enter the eShop it's asking me to update - which I'm pretty sure people told me not to do. Just want to know if there's anything I'm doing wrong or if eshop is not supported after an update or something right now.
You need to update emunand to the latest firmware in order to access eshop (that's the purpose of emunand). You should only ever update through the system settings when you check that your firmware has GW3D..... in front of it.
As a side note, you can't access eshop at the moment anyways since eshop support breaks in 7.2. Gateway is supposedly working on a fix.

I have a question. I just bought a 3DS XL with 4.4 and ordered a Gateway. Is there any point of dumping my NAND via hardware, or is that just for restoring the original NAND if it gets updated/bricked? From what I gather you can dump your original NAND with Gateway and use emunand to update to newer versions without touching the original NAND.

Also, is there any reason to update my original NAND to 4.5?
Dumping NAND via hardware and Gateway does exactly the same thing. You can still only restore through hardware mod though.
Nah, 4.4 works just as well as 4.5

laos101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to update emunand to the latest firmware in order to access eshop (that's the purpose of emunand). You should only ever update through the system settings when you check that your firmware has GW3D..... in front of it.
As a side note, you can't access eshop at the moment anyways since eshop support breaks in 7.2. Gateway is supposedly working on a fix.

Dumping NAND via hardware and Gateway does exactly the same thing. You can still only restore through hardware mod though.
Nah, 4.4 works just as well as 4.5

So when I exit system settings after seeing the GW3DS and re-enter immediate afterward the GW3DS disappears. Is this supposed to happen?

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I havent been following gateway lately but can it play the jap. persona q or any english tomodachi life
Personal Q, yes. Tomodachi life, no.

So when I exit system settings after seeing the GW3DS and re-enter immediate afterward the GW3DS disappears. Is this supposed to happen?
Yes, it's a known bug that you get kicked out of emunand after closing system settings. So if you want to update emunand DO NOT leave and re-enter system settings.

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So I just got my GW3D and I have everything setup. i formatted my SD Card and got the EmuNand setup straight after installing the OMEGA 2.2 firmware. I enter Classic mode and my firmware in settings says GW 3D 4.5.0 U-10

When I try to enter the eShop it's asking me to update - which I'm pretty sure people told me not to do. Just want to know if there's anything I'm doing wrong or if eshop is not supported after an update or something right now.

You're not doing anything wrong the 7.2.0 breaks the e-shop and the settings so you won't be able to access them if you update other than that everything else works.

Julhansen

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Do i have to boot Gateway Mode again after i wake my 3ds from sleep.
Or is that only necessary after a system reboot?

2. Is it true that i have to run the gateway exploit from the blue card again
after i played an NDS game?

thx

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
1. Do i have to boot Gateway Mode again after i wake my 3ds from sleep.
Or is that only necessary after a system reboot?

2. Is it true that i have to run the gateway exploit from the blue card again
after i played an NDS game?

thx

1. Only a reboot.
2. Yes.

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 3DS XL with 4.2. Ordered a gateway 3DS card from realhotstuff. I am curious of what I need to do to get it up and running, etc... I've seen many things out there but a lot of information is old.

For example,

Do I need to backup NAND? Do I need to update NAND from 4.2 to 4.5?
Do I need to update emunand?
And anything else that needs to be done.

Really what I wondering are the steps needed to be up to date and ready to run. Hope this make sense.

Thanks in advance

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a 3DS XL with 4.2. Ordered a gateway 3DS card from realhotstuff. I am curious of what I need to do to get it up and running, etc... I've seen many things out there but a lot of information is old.

For example,

Do I need to backup NAND? Do I need to update NAND from 4.2 to 4.5?
Do I need to update emunand?
And anything else that needs to be done.

Really what I wondering are the steps needed to be up to date and ready to run. Hope this make sense.

Thanks in advance
Here:
http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/278794-GUIDE-Step-By-Step-Gateway-3DS-Installation

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i want to play multiplayer, all i have to do is enter my wifi settings for gateway 3ds? Or is that not compatible at the moment. If so, specific steps?

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm on emunand 7.1, when i run streetpass mii plaza it says there's an update for it.

Since this is like a system app, is it safe to update or will it update the emunand to 7.2 or mess up sysnand or it won't touch nand at all? Can i even update it since i'm on 7.1?

Inwait

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I started Bravely Default recently and had to notice that I will be missing a great deal of the game if I don't rebuild the village.
But to do this I need more Villagers via Streetpass.

I looked through the threads and noticed that it is indeed possible to generate Streetpass hit points via computer.
But to use this I would have to use emunand.

So my question is: if I use emunand, would it be enough to use it with my current version (4.5) to use streetpass in Bravely Default?
Or do I have to update it to 7.2?
The problem I'm trying to avoid is being blocked from eshop through updating emunand to version 7.2.

If the streetpass feature in BD would also work with emunand running only on my current version, I wouldn't update it to 7.2 and wait until gateway relased a fix.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So I started Bravely Default recently and had to notice that I will be missing a great deal of the game if I don't rebuild the village.
But to do this I need more Villagers via Streetpass.

I looked through the threads and noticed that it is indeed possible to generate Streetpass hit points via computer.
But to use this I would have to use emunand.

So my question is: if I use emunand, would it be enough to use it with my current version (4.5) to use streetpass in Bravely Default?
Or do I have to update it to 7.2?
The problem I'm trying to avoid is being blocked from eshop through updating emunand to version 7.2.

If the streetpass feature in BD would also work with emunand running only on my current version, I wouldn't update it to 7.2 and wait until gateway relased a fix.

Relay needs at least 6.2 to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4