• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So my SD Cards are here and my Gateway so:

On the Blue Card I copy over my Backup of DS Games once I installed the "exploit".
After I finished play, I need leave with HOME + Exit to transfer the SAVE

After play a DS Game I need "Install" the exploit over and over again?
When I play 3DS Games I not need install expoit again?

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So my SD Cards are here and my Gateway so:

On the Blue Card I copy over my Backup of DS Games once I installed the "exploit".
After I finished play, I need leave with HOME + Exit to transfer the SAVE

After play a DS Game I need "Install" the exploit over and over again?
When I play 3DS Games I not need install expoit again?

You can transfer even before running the gateway installer.
Some users report that they turn off the 3ds without going back to home menu but you should try it yourself.

Correct every time you enter ds mode you have to install the exploit.
And you need to enter GW mode (the ds profile thing) every time you turn off you 3ds to play roms you just need to reinstall if you enter ds mode.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok so DS mode is realy a DS Game?
Thanks! :)

With the Save Transfer I mean in 3DS Games, I read I need press HOME + Exit then the Saves get copied to the SD Card, otherwise 3DS Saves are lost.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok so DS mode is realy a DS Game?
Thanks! :)

With the Save Transfer I mean in 3DS Games, I read I need press HOME + Exit then the Saves get copied to the SD Card, otherwise 3DS Saves are lost.

Correct in both.

progaor06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there way to updates 3ds games like pokemon without using emunand i find it uneccassary to play online nohows

3dstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help please going mad!

Installed the exploit correctly, managed to execute it, and managed to get to gateway menu by L + pressing DS profile.

BUT since copying the NAND off and rebooting, every time I press L + DS profile it now just shows to blank screens and no menu

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT - Solved it - My assumption was to first execute the exploit normally and then execute it with L + DS Profile. This is WRONG. You must press l+DS the FIRST execution of the exploit

jnsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Im a little confused, can i update my emuNAND to 7.0 (latest update) and update my retail copy of Pokemon X to 1.2 safely in order to play online? Will every feature of gateway like playing roms work in 7.0?

Thanks

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im a little confused, can i update my emuNAND to 7.0 (latest update) and update my retail copy of Pokemon X to 1.2 safely in order to play online? Will every feature of gateway like playing roms work in 7.0?

Thanks

You can update your emuNAND to 7.0 unfortunately you are not able to go online or play roms on it as it's not fully supported yet.

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anythign special to use a rom game save with a 4.5 sysnand and r4i 3.0 than emumand 6.3/7.0?

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question, when using gateway I am on the latest firmwire on both emunanad and gateway but for some reason when playing roms and exiting out it freezes on the closing application/game screen and I Lose my current save. Does anyone knows how to fix that?

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a quick question, when using gateway I am on the latest firmwire on both emunanad and gateway but for some reason when playing roms and exiting out it freezes on the closing application/game screen and I Lose my current save. Does anyone knows how to fix that?

Well is a know bug of the beta firmware. Some say it helps if you wait like 5 or 10 seconds before you press exit, cannot confirm cause i don't have that issue myself.

Reactions: ATypicalSe7en

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is there anythign special to use a rom game save with a 4.5 sysnand and r4i 3.0 than emumand 6.3/7.0?

Nope, they are all based off 4.x save method

There are many many reports of this happening and its super random, i got it for a while, but then, reseating my sd card helped, some tips that helped others
* If you save in game, wait at least 10 to 15 seconds before pressing home/close
* When pressing home, waiting 10-15 seconds before closing ( some people, exit/cancel a few times)

Be handy if a game didnt reinit the save slots if the same rom is in Card, Example, have no save on SD and just keep playing the same game for a few days, I tested with Zelda, but on load blank save slots. Should check if Save is same as rom and only reinitialize and try to copy if its not

Reactions: ATypicalSe7en

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if there's no .sav on the SD, it always reinitializes/deletes the save data when you launch a game.
So, always exit the game at the start/first save point to create at least a .sav file on SD for that game. if it freeze, you won't lose a lot.
Keep a copy of that file (and of all your saves each time you can make a backup), it could be helpful.

When the game exiting process freeze, I don't know if it corrupts the data from the flashcart's save chip, or only just doesn't save it to SD correctly.
My guess is that only the file on the SD card is either not created/overwritten or that the file is corrupted because it's not saved fully, the save chipset is only accessed in read mode, not write mode, and should still be there.
In the case of the save file has been corrupted during the freeze, having a backup on your computer can help, restore the file to SD before launching the game again, and it will use the save inside the card instead of the file on the SD card as long as you launch the same game. you shouldn't lose your progress.

Well, it's only assumptions based on what I've read from gateway users, but I think it's how it works.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What options do I have for a brand new 2DS?

If you want to use a Gateway 3ds card or posible CFW/homebrew you will need to get a 3ds/xl with a firmware between 4.1 and 4.5 cause the 2ds comes with 6.x by default. If you don't care about gateway or any posible hack for it in the near time and/or if you are on a budget, go for it as i think is a pretty sweet console, i like the design of it and the fact that is cheaper.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Well is a know bug of the beta firmware. Some say it helps if you wait like 5 or 10 seconds before you press exit, cannot confirm cause i don't have that issue myself.

Man the beta firmware was so buggy and crashy I just reverted back to 1.2, as I don't plan on using any of the newer games yet, and it turned using my 3DS into a game of chance (Whether it would crash or not).

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man the beta firmware was so buggy and crashy I just reverted back to 1.2, as I don't plan on using any of the newer games yet, and it turned using my 3DS into a game of chance (Whether it would crash or not).

It's not happening to everyone, I have no problems at all.

Btw you have a r4i gold deluxe right? So didn't you mean wen't back to version 2.0? :P

3dstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Next two daft questions

I have created my emunand 4.4 (and backed itup using the tool)

So if I update it now to 7.x, which I understand has issues but roms can play, then if I want to revert my emunand back to 4.4 I can

1) use the tool to inject the 4.4 nand into emunand

2) But can i also not just delete the partition on the SD card and recreate the emunand off of my system nand (4.4) - I would assume so?

thanks!

ATypicalSe7en

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next two daft questions

I have created my emunand 4.4 (and backed itup using the tool)

So if I update it now to 7.x, which I understand has issues but roms can play, then if I want to revert my emunand back to 4.4 I can

1) use the tool to inject the 4.4 nand into emunand

2) But can i also not just delete the partition on the SD card and recreate the emunand off of my system nand (4.4) - I would assume so?

thanks!
Yes you are correct on #1 and #2 from what I understand. The tool by n1ghty is for reverting back to a previous EmuNand prior to an update like for example if you had 6.3 and backed it up but wanted to test 7.0 and it does not flow well with you, you can use the tool to inject the backed up 6.3 emunand firmwire back into your SD Card. However if you just want to go back to 4.4 ( Your original firmware) you can just format the emunand using the format function while in the Gateway menu and go on about with 4.4. My advice however backup everything in case.

Reactions: 3dstar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1