• Views 4,543,062
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there another Nintendo account tied to the 3DS that I'm not aware of ?
No, but a "Nintendo account" is the equivalent to the NNID used on the Switch, and an NNID can be tied to a Nintendo account.

I did find a 'delete Nintendo Network ID' button but it's saying it will delete all related software Licences.
On the 3DS, or the Nintendo website, on the 3DS, or what? Regardless, you probably don't want to do that.

You still haven't answered the question.

zavaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to perform NDS on-the-fly patching like there for 3DS on a Luma CFW? I'm interested in some Pokemon ROM hacks, but I have the carts for the games. I know I could always dump the ROMs and apply the IPS or xdeltas, but I'm looking for a more elegant, and considerably more cool solution.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to perform NDS on-the-fly patching like there for 3DS on a Luma CFW? I'm interested in some Pokemon ROM hacks, but I have the carts for the games. I know I could always dump the ROMs and apply the IPS or xdeltas, but I'm looking for a more elegant, and considerably more cool solution.
Don't think so, no, largely because it doesn't work the same way as it does in the 3ds. With the ds, the rom has to be patched on pc applying the mod/hack, as opposed to just placing the mod files on the sd and using the og as is without patching the cia file (with the 3ds). Though you can patch it too if you want.
TWilightMenu can apply the AP-patch for the games that require that, but that's the extent of it (atleast right now).

ngoomie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking to uninstall CFW from a 3DS before I sell it, and I'm looking over the 3ds.hacks.guide page about it, and I'm wondering about this:
If you have done ANY of the following:
  • Changed the region of the console
  • Installed a custom keyboard
  • Installed a custom HOME Menu (not a custom theme)
  • Manually changed the encryption key (movable.sed) of the console
  • Unbanned the console
then uninstalling CFW WILL BRICK YOUR CONSOLE. If this applies to you, restore a clean NAND backup before continuing.
Very straightforward instructions in theory — but, what do I do if I'm not even sure whether these modifications have been made to a console, and I don't have any clean NAND backup? I see later into the guide it mentions the safety test, but I don't see any information on whether it checks for a changed movable.sed (which I'm more sure has not been done, but I'd still like to check to be safe) or attempts to unban (which I have zero clue about), unless that's encompassed in the safety checks process as well and simply not mentioned explicitly. Are there tools I can use to check for those as well?

Also sorry if this is a bit out of the realm of "newbie" type questions, potentially. Creating a thread just for this question felt completely overkill so I thought I'd play it safe.

EDIT: I have given the guide a couple more reads over, and have realized yes, it seems that is exactly what the safety test helps check for as well, because from what I can glean you literally would not be able to go through that test properly if those two criteria weren't also met. I somehow read it as only checking for the HOME menu thing initially. Sorry for making a useless post that could be solved simply by re-reading haha :blush:

Last edited by ngoomie,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
You could sell it with cfw, if it has luma on nand the just delete boot.firm from sd card, or just delete everything apart from the Nintendo 3ds folder, after that delete apps like fbi, anemone, checkpoint etc... Once it looks clean you can sell it, if the person buying it is interested in cfw it will only need to restore a few things to enjoy cfw

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello people...yesterday I busted out my new 3ds that I barely touched in years. Back then I put reinand on it. All I want to do is upgrade the sd to a much bigger one. Yesterday I spent hours reading through and trying to follow tutorials and couldn't get it. I used to be a little able to get through these things but damn I do not have it anymore. I follow tutorials and things seem like they should work but then something doesn't. Helping me get this done would be very very much appreciated. My plan today is to start over and right now i'm full formatting my 256gb so that's gonna take a bit. I know that's overkill but I don't have smaller cards lying around these days lol

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello people...yesterday I busted out my new 3ds that I barely touched in years. Back then I put reinand on it. All I want to do is upgrade the sd to a much bigger one. Yesterday I spent hours reading through and trying to follow tutorials and couldn't get it. I used to be a little able to get through these things but damn I do not have it anymore. I follow tutorials and things seem like they should work but then something doesn't. Helping me get this done would be very very much appreciated. My plan today is to start over and right now i'm full formatting my 256gb so that's gonna take a bit. I know that's overkill but I don't have smaller cards lying around these days lol
Rednand you say? Were you using a flashcart, something like Gateway3DS?
If you weren't using Gateway3DS and just Rednand, depending on if you're on Luma3DS or A9lh, fortunately you can update both that way you wouldn't have to install cfw from scratch.
It would help if you tell us what fw you're on, and if you can access any homebrew software etc. Btw, replacing the sd card shouldn't be an issue whether with or without cfw.

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you are using ? menuhax? When your console boots up, do you see funny colours or not?
Yes there are glitchy screens and colors. Menuhax sounds familiar. Without the sd card inserted I can see that the system is still on 9.2.0-20U I'm wondering if its a better idea these days to just forget the old card and start from scratch? If that sounds like a smart idea could you or someone point me directly to a tutorial that would get me going to do that? Also how long if I go that route do you think it would take? At least i'll know what i've done if I do that instead of looking at folders and lingo that I don't remember what it all means...my son was 1 when I was messing with this system for fun, he's 8 now lol. I have forgotten. Thank you in advance for responding.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there are glitchy screens and colors. Menuhax sounds familiar. Without the sd card inserted I can see that the system is still on 9.2.0-20U I'm wondering if its a better idea these days to just forget the old card and start from scratch? If that sounds like a smart idea could you or someone point me directly to a tutorial that would get me going to do that? Also how long if I go that route do you think it would take? At least i'll know what i've done if I do that instead of looking at folders and lingo that I don't remember what it all means...my son was 1 when I was messing with this system for fun, he's 8 now lol. I have forgotten. Thank you in advance for responding.

Did you had an emunand?

1. Boot up without the SD card
  2. When the home menu shows put the SD card back in
  3. Go to themes and change it to anything else
  4. Go to https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) and follow it, and continue to the next page etc.
  5. If you get an option to move emuNAND, follow it

soetem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to start over from scratch with a new sd card, do I have to do anything to the 3ds before starting? Or can I ask, without the sd card in, is the 3ds a clean, unhacked system?

firelizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Anyone has experience porting games to the 3ds?
There is a decompiled port of a game written in C++ and SDL that would like to try seeing what I can do. It's an old MS DOS game so that should be doable.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are Luma's New 3DS options (Enable/Disable L2 and 268/802 mhz) working?

I tried to turn off them on the quick menu (L, R, Select and Down I think?) But whenever ai exit luma after changing, they reset back to ON, even if I use "save settings" although that's for other configs.

I ask because I rather not keep rebooting to switch them on and off, and I would swear they did stay the way I set them at least until I turned off the console some time ago...

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Noob paradise? Wonderful.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why FTPD stopped working for me after modding my 3ds. It just won't connect to my PC through FireZilla, and I am struggling to get it to work. I don't know if I've done something wrong to my 3DS or anything, either. If this place is still active, can I get help with this? I want to wirelessly transfer things to my 3ds...

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob paradise? Wonderful.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why FTPD stopped working for me after modding my 3ds. It just won't connect to my PC through FireZilla, and I am struggling to get it to work. I don't know if I've done something wrong to my 3DS or anything, either. If this place is still active, can I get help with this? I want to wirelessly transfer things to my 3ds...
If you can elaborate a little more, what happens when you try to use it? Does something appear on either ftpd screen or on filezilla? Does it just show an error message?

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
If you can elaborate a little more, what happens when you try to use it? Does something appear on either ftpd screen or on filezilla? Does it just show an error message?

It just refuses to connect no matter what I do. I put the port and the ip address in properly, but for some reason, it would always never connect.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
It just refuses to connect no matter what I do. I put the port and the ip address in properly, but for some reason, it would always never connect.
What does the fptd print? I mean what does it say when it doesn't connect

Edit: be sure to be on the same network. Also be sure the internet settings are correct on the 3ds

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk