• Views 4,444,189
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a thread a few days ago that had a link to a program that allowed you to change the order that games are listed in the gateway game slector. Does anyone know what the name of the file is or if there is a nice gui for that yet.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for testing. Did you mimic my scenario, or just wipe and put a new emunand on?

I didn't browse to the same spot as you, so maybe that's the reason. I browsed to the same game as I purchased, and it would only let me re-buy it. Strange how the eshop wouldn't know I already purchased unless I went JUST to the path you mentioned. I'll test it out later today.

Tested: Doesn't work. Shows my downloaded titles as just the eshop update stuff like YouTube. All games I downloaded with the R4 card are gone. So Duo was right. After 7.0, The eshop account is tied to the emunand somehow.

Ooook. So every paid for download is missing, while every free download you did still shows up? Kinda smells like Ninty revoked your payments then, as there should be no difference in the flagging of paid and free content. Have you already checked your CC statement if they reimbursed you?

edit: my scenario: bought pw:dd and its dlc on GW 2.0b2 7.1 using CC, was able to redownload on a fresh emunand install. and there really should be no difference between an r4 and gw emunand in regards to eshop purchases. heck, i'd even go as far to say that ninty had some kind of screwup in this situation and contact them (without mentioning emunand of course, just that i can't redownload my bought stuff after a system format).

awm8604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Gateway 2.1 it's not recognizing my Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy save that I played on 1.2. Is there any way to edit it and make it work?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooook. So every paid for download is missing, while every free download you did still shows up? Kinda smells like Ninty revoked your payments then, as there should be no difference in the flagging of paid and free content. Have you already checked your CC statement if they reimbursed you?

edit: my scenario: bought pw:dd and its dlc on GW 2.0b2 7.1 using CC, was able to redownload on a fresh emunand install. and there really should be no difference between an r4 and gw emunand in regards to eshop purchases. heck, i'd even go as far to say that ninty had some kind of screwup in this situation and contact them (without mentioning emunand of course, just that i can't redownload my bought stuff after a system format).
That's possible. My CC info is gone, so maybe eshop runs a dual check on my ID and credit card. But you misunderstood. The only things it shows downloaded are the auto downloads that eshop dumps on u since JUST connecting since the GW card. (YouTube, eshop movie viewer thingy, etc) no games or demos that I had back with the R4 emunand side are there.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's possible. My CC info is gone, so maybe eshop runs a dual check on my ID and credit card. But you misunderstood. The only things it shows downloaded are the auto downloads that eshop dumps on u since JUST connecting since the GW card. (YouTube, eshop movie viewer thingy, etc) no games or demos that I had back with the R4 emunand side are there.

Ok, this is getting stranger and stranger, as i got everything i ever downloaded on my 3DS in the redownload list...

Let me just run through the list of all possibilities I can think of:

a) Someone did a System transfer from that 3DS (emu to sys->update->systrans->reflash 4.x). Would leave the downloads in emu(at least until the next eshop visit), but would have removed them from nintys database for that serial. unlikely to have happened without your knowledge, unless your 3ds is modded and you have given it away some time.

b) Ninty did a System transfer ("help, my 3ds is broken, please put my stuff on a new one"). only possible if someone got the serial sticker/case your 3ds mainboard got paired with in the factory. also quite unlikely unless you bought the 3ds used or did a case swap.

c) Ninty somehow screwed up and deleted your stuff in their database on accident. Also quite unlikely (yeah, their infrastructure ain't the best, but that would be a new low point even for them).

d) NNID related stuff. Never created one, but I think i kept reading that NNID only links to account balance and the social stuff, not purchases/downloads, which are supposedly still tied to the console serial.

e) Aliens/Act of god/something so obvious I can't think of it.

I'll try to talk to some people about other scenarios, but for now i'm quite stumped -.-

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is getting stranger and stranger, as i got everything i ever downloaded on my 3DS in the redownload list...

Let me just run through the list of all possibilities I can think of:

a) Someone did a System transfer from that 3DS (emu to sys->update->systrans->reflash 4.x). Would leave the downloads in emu(at least until the next eshop visit), but would have removed them from nintys database for that serial. unlikely to have happened without your knowledge, unless your 3ds is modded and you have given it away some time.

b) Ninty did a System transfer ("help, my 3ds is broken, please put my stuff on a new one"). only possible if someone got the serial sticker/case your 3ds mainboard got paired with in the factory. also quite unlikely unless you bought the 3ds used or did a case swap.

c) Ninty somehow screwed up and deleted your stuff in their database on accident. Also quite unlikely (yeah, their infrastructure ain't the best, but that would be a new low point even for them).

d) NNID related stuff. Never created one, but I think i kept reading that NNID only links to account balance and the social stuff, not purchases/downloads, which are supposedly still tied to the console serial.

e) Aliens/Act of god/something so obvious I can't think of it.

I'll try to talk to some people about other scenarios, but for now i'm quite stumped -.-

Lol. I'm guessing aliens at this point! The first few options don't seem feasible because its the same 3ds everything has been purchased on. I never gave it away/sold it.

Only thing that changed is R4 to GW card, and creating a new emunand for the GW card.

If I go online to the Nintendo club and log in with the same account that is on my 3ds, it asks me to do post purchase reviews on PW:DD and the other games I downloaded back on the R4 card days...but it also shows the Pokémon update I grabbed the other day as well. Strange huh?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently is the gateway or mt emunand loader safe to use without owning either of the flashcarts if i am just using it to use the eshop and play newer retail carts?
Yeah I'm doing that with an unmodified 2.02b2 with no issues on 7.1.0-16u. I don't know if there's a newer 3 ds firmware than that though

Kind of on the same subject, can you play dumped eshop games from the sd with no flash cart?

BananaSlamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never upgraded from v2.0b1 to v2.0b2 because I was afraid of bricking my 3DS. Is bricking still an issue in 2.1 Omega? Is it safe to update now?

Also, do you still have to exit a game for it to save in 2.1 Omega?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
currently is the gateway or mt emunand loader safe to use without owning either of the flashcarts if i am just using it to use the eshop and play newer retail carts?
As of now noone hs reported any bricking in regards to the MT launcher, thus you can consider it safe.

Yeah I'm doing that with an unmodified 2.02b2 with no issues on 7.1.0-16u. I don't know if there's a newer 3 ds firmware than that though
Kind of on the same subject, can you play dumped eshop games from the sd with no flash cart?

I wouldn't consider 2.0b2 safe. At least not until ones 3DS already has the SD mod and one has a Pi at hand. And no, only way to launch dumps for now is via flashcart.

I never upgraded from v2.0b1 to v2.0b2 because I was afraid of bricking my 3DS. Is bricking still an issue in 2.1 Omega? Is it safe to update now?
Sources TM reported that 2.1 still contains the brickcode, but with better checks, so that it should not trigger on unmodified launchers.

Footnote: said sorces are (depending on who you ask) devs/reversers who know what they are talking about or clonemafia shills, I do believe them though

an07her

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many games require firmware higher than 4.5. Does that mean that my emuNAND should be updated to highest possible version or I can play all roms in Gateway mode?

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

roxas-89

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Thanks, I read that many times before but still some things were unclear to me.
Can we use emulators on Gateway card? I found a website which states all the emulators that work on Gateway, but it might be fake because nobody talks about it. http://www.gateway3ds.info/Homebrew-Emulators-for-Gateway3DS-DS-Mode.htm

The DS is not really good with emulation but I think the blue gateway card handle gameboy/gameboy color games and NES other than that GBA and SNES doesn't work well and you might need another card like supercard DSTWO which is not perfect either

If emulation is your top priority you should get a PSP it's way better than the DS.

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it at all possible to back up your games directly to your microsd (plugged into an sd adapter)? I've tried it once but when I removed the sd card the Gateway menu freezes, is it possible to avoid this freeze or does it rely on the sd to function at all?

smove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Probably a really dumb move but I copied the GW files on the microSD I'm using to play DS games on my R4 card. Then I accidentally moved the "games" folder and now I get the error "savfile not founded" when i try loading DS games with my r4. I put the files back to where they belong but it's still not working. Ideas anyone? thanks

Edit: Copying all games to root fixed the save issues..

Captain Olimar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I restored my 3ds to factory settings and cant get past the second set up screen "3d screen check" cause my 3d slider wont work. Anyway I can bypass this set up? Hope this is an ok spot for my question. Kinda hoping I can get a sweet rom set up along with the cure lol. Thanks a ton. - Patrick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)