BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am trying using FBI but it wont install , i want it on home menu
Have you done this step for sysNAND?
FBI said:
You will need to go to the "Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/" directory on your SD card and create empty "title.db" and "import.db" files. Then, go to System Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software on your 3DS and let it repair the database files.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would be better if i format my sysnand ?
it's new unit and still didn't install emunand or anything on it.
You can do that if you want to start fresh. You will still need to do the step I quoted above afterwards though, otherwise FBI won't be able to install anything.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok , i opened that path but i already found those files already
do i have to delete them ?
Nope, if they're already there, you just need to reinsert the SD card and go to system settings > data management > 3ds > software. If they need to be repaired, a message will pop up saying so. If not, then they are ok.

nic0lette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of n00b questions:

Let's say I take a second SD card and prepare it for homebrew as if I were going to update (installing Menuhax for 10.5) and set it aside. If I try to downgrade (from 10.3) and install emuNAND and something goes wrong, could I use recovery to update and then use the SD card to access homebrew or will the console key (I'm not sure the real term for this) change?

I'm a bit confused about "emuNAND", "CFW", and "Gateway". I've been assuming that "Gateway" is when you have a physical Gateway card, but then things get muddled for me. Looking at ReiNand it appears as though there's some custom code that wraps the official firmware (adding features to it via hooks or something?) Is "CFW" something different than this or are the two terms being used interchangeably?

I'm sure I'll have more questions since I'm just getting started. ...actually that brings up another question: is there a nice place that documents the 3DS firmware and how emuNAND/CFW/Gateway cards interact with it?

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I made an emuNand backup with Decrypt9 and I also copied all the things from my SD to my computer. I had to format emuNand and re-setup my NNID with it to get access to things like Pokemon Shuffle and such. I used Decrypt9 to also clone my backup to the emuNand and I put the original Nintendo 3DS folder back into the SD in hopes of it restoring my games. It looks like the layout of my emuNand is exactly back to normal after the backup, but my games are not showing up. Is there any way to fix that? Did I do something wrong?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Nope, if they're already there, you just need to reinsert the SD card and go to system settings > data management > 3ds > software. If they need to be repaired, a message will pop up saying so. If not, then they are ok.
Went there, but it's seems nothing seems to be repaired

Maybe i can't install on the home menu on sysnand.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Couple of n00b questions:

Let's say I take a second SD card and prepare it for homebrew as if I were going to update (installing Menuhax for 10.5) and set it aside. If I try to downgrade (from 10.3) and install emuNAND and something goes wrong, could I use recovery to update and then use the SD card to access homebrew or will the console key (I'm not sure the real term for this) change?

I'm a bit confused about "emuNAND", "CFW", and "Gateway". I've been assuming that "Gateway" is when you have a physical Gateway card, but then things get muddled for me. Looking at ReiNand it appears as though there's some custom code that wraps the official firmware (adding features to it via hooks or something?) Is "CFW" something different than this or are the two terms being used interchangeably?

I'm sure I'll have more questions since I'm just getting started. ...actually that brings up another question: is there a nice place that documents the 3DS firmware and how emuNAND/CFW/Gateway cards interact with it?
You could set up a backup SD card, or you could just EmuNAND Tool and make an emuNAND backup. You can just restore the backup via EmuNAND Tool if anything goes wrong.

EmuNAND stands for emulated NAND. Every 3DS has a NAND chip which stores the firmware files. When you create an emuNAND, it creates a copy of the NAND chip which is stored on a partition in your 3DS's SD card. This emulated NAND chip is updated, rather than the system NAND (sysNAND) chip which allows us to update without actually updating the system.

CFW stands for Custom Firmware. RxTools, ReiNAND, Cakes, Pasta, etc... are all CFWs. Gateway is technically a CFW as well.

Gateway is its own standalone CFW with a flashcart to go along with it. The flashcart can't do anything on its own without the software, and the software is programmed so that it can't be launched without the cart.

All CFWs patch certain parts of Nintendo's firmware, allowing things such as unsigned games to be run.

ReiNAND is a CFW, but not all CFWs are ReiNAND.

3Dbrew and Ctrulib are what you're going to want to look at to learn about the 3DS.

Went there, but it's seems nothing seems to be repaired

Maybe i can't install on the home menu on sysnand.
I'm not sure, do other cias install to sysNAND ok?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You could set up a backup SD card, or you could just EmuNAND Tool and make an emuNAND backup. You can just restore the backup via EmuNAND Tool if anything goes wrong.

EmuNAND stands for emulated NAND. Every 3DS has a NAND chip which stores the firmware files. When you create an emuNAND, it creates a copy of the NAND chip which is stored on a partition in your 3DS's SD card. This emulated NAND chip is updated, rather than the system NAND (sysNAND) chip which allows us to update without actually updating the system.

CFW stands for Custom Firmware. RxTools, ReiNAND, Cakes, Pasta, etc... are all CFWs. Gateway is technically a CFW as well.

Gateway is its own standalone CFW with a flashcart to go along with it. The flashcart can't do anything on its own without the software, and the software is programmed so that it can't be launched without the cart.

All CFWs patch certain parts of Nintendo's firmware, allowing things such as unsigned games to be run.

ReiNAND is a CFW, but not all CFWs are ReiNAND.

3Dbrew and Ctrulib are what you're going to want to look at to learn about the 3DS.

I'm not sure, do other cias install to sysNAND ok?
Legit games only i think

nic0lette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sure, but I'm saying before I have EmuNAND setup (so I'm on a system with only sysNAND (10.3) to sysNAND (9.x) with EmuNAND), could I make sure that even if I have to update to 10.5 (because something goes wrong) that I'd maintain access to Homebrew. (Maybe that's not important since 10.5 is exploitable into Homebrew, but I was just curious)

Thank you for the other information =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, made a new one