• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there!

Is there any other way than the Gateway classic mode to play game cards on a N3DS emuNAND without updating either NAND?
I know that I can play them on emuNAND too, but the problem is, that the Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. needs higher firmware than the supported emuNAND version. Please, don't tell me to install and play it from microSD, because my brother wants to play it on his game card.

Thanks in advance. :)
If I'm not mistaken, Gateway Classic mode will boot you into emunand and, thanks to Gateways firmware spoofing, games that require 9.5+ will work anyway. (I've never actually used Classic mode though, so if someone can verify that, please do)
So I'd suggest sticking with Gateway's classic mode, or dump the game and put it on the Gateway as a backup, that way you only need to carry around the Gateway.

Serial07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If I'm not mistaken, Gateway Classic mode will boot you into emunand and, thanks to Gateways firmware spoofing, games that require 9.5+ will work anyway. (I've never actually used Classic mode though, so if someone can verify that, please do)
So I'd suggest sticking with Gateway's classic mode, or dump the game and put it on the Gateway as a backup, that way you only need to carry around the Gateway.
Will the Classic Mode work without the Gateway card? Because I do not have it.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the Classic Mode work without the Gateway card? Because I do not have it.
but then what is this all about

Hi there!

Is there any other way than the Gateway classic mode to play game cards on a N3DS emuNAND without updating either NAND?
I know that I can play them on emuNAND too, but the problem is, that the Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. needs higher firmware than the supported emuNAND version. Please, don't tell me to install and play it from microSD, because my brother wants to play it on his game card.

Thanks in advance. :)
do you mean with the real game or with the gateway card?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOPS

I meant 9.2. Sorry.
its cool i am not sure why you get that error but there is another way

download this version of Sysupdater and 3DNUS use 3dnus to download the 10.3 update and put the .cia update files in a folder on your sd root called "updates" (with no quotes) and then install sysupdater to (in) emunand and run it select the update folder . . . wait . . . done

edit: try the post below this first

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: ric.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I can't update my emunand to 10.3 (O3DS, 9.2 sysnand). I'm doing it through System Settings. No dice, it always just says "An error has occurred." Any ideas? The nands are unlinked, I use RxTools.
Did you set up the Tubehax DNS by any chance before making an emunand? The same thing happened to me yesterday, and it turns out I had set up the Tubehax DNS before formatting emunand, so when the GW Launcher duplicated my NAND, those settings carried over to my emunand. Had to go back and set it to auto-obtain DNS.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you set up the Tubehax DNS by any chance before making an emunand? The same thing happened to me yesterday, and it turns out I had set up the Tubehax DNS before formatting emunand, so when the GW Launcher duplicated my NAND, those settings carried over to my emunand. Had to go back and set it to auto-obtain DNS.
ah more problems stemming from the downgrade as someone who was always on 9.2 or lower would have not setup tubehax dns because there is no real need for it whit cfw

verifyvenuz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.venuspatrol.com
XP
Country
Poland
ah more problems stemming from the downgrade as someone who was always on 9.2 or lower would have not setup tubehax dns because there is no real need for it whit cfw
I highly doubt having a DNS and removing it before the downgrade affected anything.

I'll try 3DNUS. Thanks a lot for linking to it.

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I am stuck. I opened fbi and it just says loading filelist on and off. So I removed fbi by deleting it from the settings->data management->software. Then I went into rxtools menu and tried to install fbi after copying the inject and tmd app to the sd card. I get 2 errors opening s... failed. This happens when I do TMD check or install FBI. What am I doing wrong. Again this is a n3ds downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2U

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It really isn't an issue, it's just the DNS working as it should - the console can't reach Nintendo's servers.
In fact, call me paranoid but I still set up the DNS in my sysnand just in case. I know it's most likely useless as autobooting means the sysnand goes untouched, but I can never be too safe.
It's only a problem in emunand.

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With the real game.

Then no, if you do not have a Gateway, you cannot use Classic Mode and, by extension, are stuck-ish.

You have a couple of options:
1. Find a CIA of the game and play that (as far as I know, that removes the update issue)
2. Purchase a Gateway and use Classic Mode

Unfortunately, those are, to the extent of my knowledge, your only options (aside, of course, from updating your sysnand, but don't do that)

Reactions: Serial07

Serial07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Then no, if you do not have a Gateway, you cannot use Classic Mode and, by extension, are stuck-ish.

You have a couple of options:
1. Find a CIA of the game and play that (as far as I know, that removes the update issue)
2. Purchase a Gateway and use Classic Mode

Unfortunately, those are, to the extent of my knowledge, your only options (aside, of course, from updating your sysnand, but don't do that)
Thanks for your help. :)
I think my brother has to wait for the support of higher emuNAND version.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi , I need some help with custom themes.

I'm running gateway on a v4.3 nand. I open gateway using tools>ds profile.

How do I install custom themes? Is there a step by step tutorial to install custom themes?

I don't think you can install themes on <9.0 firmware. Don't quote me on that though.

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if I try to go to homebrew in emunand I get a red screen and if I try to go through sysnand it just boots rxtools and goes to emunand. After doing this

STEP 4a - Installing a CIA Installer :mthr:
Only for users without a Gateway card or a Cubic Ninja game

Some users have reported this not working when your nands are still linked! I recommend unlinking your nands first! Read the section "Emunand Information" below!

Download FBI.cia

1. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

2. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "check TMD version".
this tutorial. I've heard that it's safer and has a higher success rate. You will need to a way to launch Decrypt9WIP, either through the browser or the Homebrew Launcher.If you do this successfuly, then you are done step 3!
3. Take note of the console region and the TMD version, and turn off your 3DS.

4. Open the rxtools download and open the "Tools/fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir.

5. Put the FBI.cia from the FBI download onto your sd card

6. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

7. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "Install FBI". When it's done, it will ask what you want to do with the source. Select "keep" if you want to install FBI to sysnand later.
If you want to install GBA/DSi games in the future:
Repeat lines 1-5 again, this time Injecting FBI to Sysnand
8. Now, return to the rxtools main menu and select RXMODE -> EMUNAND and launch the Health & Safety Information app, it should boot FBI instead
To boot into Sysnand: Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu, then select RXMODE -> SYSNAND.
9. Select FBI.cia and press A to install it.

If you get a Database error!

10. You should now have a new FBI app on your home menu, use that to install your CIAs!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes but Nintendo can sue Nintendo and I'll still win