• Views 4,487,452
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally caved and ordered a copy of CN off of Amazon for ~$40. Will I need to nuke my emuNAND so I could use Ninjhax to install a .cia installer since my NANDs are unlinked? I'm using reiNAND, btw if that changes anything.

If you don't have gateway, yes.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
So I finally caved and ordered a copy of CN off of Amazon for ~$40. Will I need to nuke my emuNAND so I could use Ninjhax to install a .cia installer since my NANDs are unlinked? I'm using reiNAND, btw if that changes anything.

Wait if you have Reinand, why don't you install Big Blue Menu? You didn't need Cubic Ninja at all if you already
had Reinand running. How did you get it installed? trough a browser exploit on old 3DS?

After Reinand I only use CN to make .3ds to CIA conversions with Decrypt9

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait if you have Reinand, why don't you install Big Blue Menu? You didn't need Cubic Ninja at all if you already
had Reinand running. How did you get it installed? trough a browser exploit on old 3DS?

After Reinand I only use CN to make .3ds to CIA conversions with Decrypt9
I got ReiNAND going because I had a Gateway emuNAND set up and I downgraded my system settings (I'm talking about my n3ds here). I had a previous method of installing .cia files but then I lost my red card. I was a bit of a moron thinking I wouldn't lose my red card. (I've managed to lose my old r4i gold and two different DS games already and even a case for a DS game.) I just plain didn't think to get BBM installed when I had my red card. Simply, CN is currently cheaper than Sky and Gateway. Even if Sky and Gateway can do more than CN. I'm considering getting a Sky when I get the funds just to use as a replacement red card while sticking to ReiNAND. Bonus is that it'll work on my 9.9 o3ds as well.

schiggy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I am a total noob but I did my best to instal rxtools cfw on my 2DS and it worked pretty much with this great tutorial I found
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/
however I fail at the last step I can not manage to start rxtools via DS exploit (the rest works perfect I managed to do all the steps except that exploit)
I scan the QR code and it just doesn't start
I red somewhere that my sysNand has to be ver 4.5xx to make the DS exploit work but mine is 7.2xx I do not knof if it is true..
I think there is some way to downgrade to 4.5 but is it as I red? do I really need to downgrade to make it work also which tutorial is
good for downgrading? I could only find good ones in spanish..

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright, my turn to ask a question! What is the exact difference with Tubehax and Ironhax? Are there any huge benefits over having Ironhax over Tubehax? I didn't get Ironfall in time so I am stuck with Youtube, though I am really curious what all the nuzzling is about. :)

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, my turn to ask a question! What is the exact difference with Tubehax and Ironhax? Are there any huge benefits over having Ironhax over Tubehax? I didn't get Ironfall in time so I am stuck with Youtube, though I am really curious what all the nuzzling is about. :)

Youtube requires an internet connection every time you want to use it.
Ironhax once the initial setup is done does not, simply boot the game and select the save.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I am a total noob but I did my best to instal rxtools cfw on my 2DS and it worked pretty much with this great tutorial I found
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/
however I fail at the last step I can not manage to start rxtools via DS exploit (the rest works perfect I managed to do all the steps except that exploit)
I scan the QR code and it just doesn't start
I red somewhere that my sysNand has to be ver 4.5xx to make the DS exploit work but mine is 7.2xx I do not knof if it is true..
I think there is some way to downgrade to 4.5 but is it as I red? do I really need to downgrade to make it work also which tutorial is
good for downgrading? I could only find good ones in spanish..
Before attempting either of these methods, backup your NAND!

It's possible to get the DS profile exploit working on 7.2, but I wouldn't say it's very noob friendly.

Your 3DS's MSET (system settings) must be either 4.X or 6.X for the DS profile exploit to work. You can downgrade your MSET to 4.X or 6.X via cia installation (the cias can be found on "some iso site."). After downgrading your MSET, you can use this version of rxTools to launch via MSET. You'll need to drag the rxTools.dat, the rxTools folder, and the cdnfirm.py generated firmware.bin to your SD card from the version of rxTools I linked you to. You'll also need slot0x25KeyX.bin on your SD card (you'll need to search for this online), otherwise the rxTools installation will fail (even on firmware 7.X and above). After that you can use the rxinstaller.nds included in the mset folder to install the MSET exploit via a DS flashcart (select 4.X DG if you downgraded your MSET to 4.X or 6.X if you downgraded your MSET to 6.X). After that you can launch rxTools via the DS profile exploit on 7.2.

A more noob friendly way to get the MSET running is to use the Gateway launcher to downgrade your firmware completely (note: this will make any saves on games that use the 6.X save encryption unusable). Grab the latest version of Gateway from the Gateway website and the downgrade pack for your region. Put the Launcher.dat and the downgrade pack from Gateway on your SD card. Run the Gateway launcher via web browser using one of the available exploit sites (http://go.gateway-3ds.com, http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go2.html, http://bobdoleowndu.github.io/3ds/go.html). On the Gateway launcher select the backup system NAND option and run that. After it finishes go all the way to the right on the Gateway launcher and select downgrade console. Run it. Once it finishes your console will be on 4.X firmware. From there you can use a DS flashcart with the rxinstaller.nds file to install the MSET exploit and launch rxTools via the DS profile exploit.

diowolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games if I play online I'll be less like to be banned than Nintendo major titles?

Sky3DS (lastest template).

A friend from here told me that they don't ban a lot people who play MH4U online.

schiggy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Before attempting either of these methods, backup your NAND!

It's possible to get the DS profile exploit working on 7.2, but I wouldn't say it's very noob friendly.

Your 3DS's MSET (system settings) must be either 4.X or 6.X for the DS profile exploit to work. You can downgrade your MSET to 4.X or 6.X via cia installation (the cias can be found on "some iso site."). After downgrading your MSET, you can use this version of rxTools to launch via MSET. You'll need to drag the rxTools.dat, the rxTools folder, and the cdnfirm.py generated firmware.bin to your SD card from the version of rxTools I linked you to. You'll also need slot0x25KeyX.bin on your SD card (you'll need to search for this online), otherwise the rxTools installation will fail (even on firmware 7.X and above). After that you can use the rxinstaller.nds included in the mset folder to install the MSET exploit via a DS flashcart (select 4.X DG if you downgraded your MSET to 4.X or 6.X if you downgraded your MSET to 6.X). After that you can launch rxTools via the DS profile exploit on 7.2.

A more noob friendly way to get the MSET running is to use the Gateway launcher to downgrade your firmware completely (note: this will make any saves on games that use the 6.X save encryption unusable). Grab the latest version of Gateway from the Gateway website and the downgrade pack for your region. Put the Launcher.dat and the downgrade pack from Gateway on your SD card. Run the Gateway launcher via web browser using one of the available exploit sites (http://go.gateway-3ds.com, http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/go2.html, http://bobdoleowndu.github.io/3ds/go.html). On the Gateway launcher select the backup system NAND option and run that. After it finishes go all the way to the right on the Gateway launcher and select downgrade console. Run it. Once it finishes your console will be on 4.X firmware. From there you can use a DS flashcart with the rxinstaller.nds file to install the MSET exploit and launch rxTools via the DS profile exploit.
wow awesome reply, thank you..
I will read this 3 more times carefully and then make a choise on what I do next
I have a little question refering to this,
if I do the first method do I need to install the CFW NAND again or will it remain and only my sysNAND will be changed?

also sidequesrtion, is there a good tutorial in english what explains how actually transform .3ds files to .cia and how to make them play on my CFW?
the tutorials I found so far are in good spanish which I do not understand

diowolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know approximately when PASTA CFW or other cfws like that will support 9.9? Will it take more than one year?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow awesome reply, thank you..
I will read this 3 more times carefully and then make a choise on what I do next
I have a little question refering to this,
if I do the first method do I need to install the CFW NAND again or will it remain and only my sysNAND will be changed?

also sidequesrtion, is there a good tutorial in english what explains how actually transform .3ds files to .cia and how to make them play on my CFW?
the tutorials I found so far are in good spanish which I do not understand
Your emuNAND will not be affected if you do the first method; only sysNAND will be changed.

The easiest way I've found to convert 3ds files to cias is to use Decrypt9 and Riku's simple cia converter. Generate the ncchinfo.bin by dragging the 3ds file onto the ncchinfo_gen.py script included with Decrypt9. Take the generated ncchinfo.bin file and put it on the root of your SD card. Run Decrypt9 on your 3DS and press A for NCCH Padgen. It will generate a bunch of xorpads on your SD card. Take the xorpad files and put them in the xorpad folder of the cia converter and take the 3ds file and put it in the rom folder. Run the simple cia converter and select the rom folder. It won't notify you that it's doing anything, but if you don't get an error then it's working. After a few minutes a message will pop up saying "Done." Check the cia folder and your cia file should be in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: