• Views 4,556,899
  • Replies 53,807
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Already done. When I open up software title list, I just see a '?' taking 0 blocks. (I did the repairing part as part of the guide to install BBB)

EDIT:

GOT IT WORKING!

Downloaded the DevMenu.3ds from the gate-way website, (instead off of the Youtube Guide I found) and installing the mset.cia worked like a charm!

Now to format emuNAND again, and remove the BBB.CIA from my sysNAND.

The warning on the Gateway website: "Running a DS ROM or DS application will remove the DS Profile Exploit from your system and will require you to reinstall it."

By that they mean DS games/homebrew? So as long as I don't run anything that the 3DS will treat as a DS game, I won't run into any problems?
You can actually cause the DS profile exploit to stick on the N3DS even after launching DS software.

Edit: My steps on this were a little bit off; the correct way to stick the DS profile exploit is:
1. Wipe the NVRAM by launching DS software.

2. Go to the DS Profile and check if the exploit is wiped.

3. If the exploit still works, you don't need to do anything else. If it doesn't read on....

4. Go to the Profile settings and change something, this can be your profile name or the DS Profile colour settings.

5. Reinstall the NVRAM via the Gateway launcher or a DS flashcart.

6. Check that the DS profile exploit is working.

7. Launch some DS related software, then close it.

8. Check if the DS profile exploit still works, it should.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

Pewfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not expert in the 3DS scene, but I'm going to say NO.

If you had a backup of the XL's NAND on an earlier f/w then you could flash it back down, but trying to flash the NAND from a different console definitely won't work.

Ah pity, well thanks anyways

Second question; am I able to create an emuNAND without the use of a Gateway card to use with some of the CFW?

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah pity, well thanks anyways

Second question; am I able to create an emuNAND without the use of a Gateway card to use with some of the CFW?
You definitely can on an o3DS, so I suspect you should be able to on a n3DS as well. As long as you can find a way to launch gateway, you should be able to.

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can actually cause the DS profile exploit to stick on the N3DS even after launching DS software.

Edit: My steps on this were a little bit off; the correct way to stick the DS profile exploit is:
1. Wipe the NVRAM by launching DS software.

2. Go to the DS Profile and check if the exploit is wiped.

3. If the exploit still works, you don't need to do anything else. If it doesn't read on....

4. Go to the Profile settings and change something, this can be your profile name or the DS Profile colour settings.

5. Reinstall the NVRAM via the Gateway launcher or a DS flashcart.

6. Check that the DS profile exploit is working.

7. Launch some DS related software, then close it.

8. Check if the DS profile exploit still works, it should.

So basically run a DS game and see if the exploit still works? Do I need to re-install m_set each time if the exploit doesn't stick?

SideNote:
So Gateway users have the DS Profile Exploit, but what about NTR and Pasta folks; do they have a similar trick? or do they all need to carry a copy of OoT/Cubic Ninja with them?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically run a DS game and see if the exploit still works? Do I need to re-install m_set each time if the exploit doesn't stick?

SideNote:
So Gateway users have the DS Profile Exploit, but what about NTR and Pasta folks; do they have a similar trick? or do they all need to carry a copy of OoT/Cubic Ninja with them?
Yes, run a DS game and see if the exploit is still working afterwards. You only need to reinstall the NVRAM if it doesn't stick, not the MSET.

Not sure about NTR. I believe somebody ported the MSET exploit to work with pasta. I believe the CFWs only launch with CN, I don't think anybody ported them to work with OoT. I know ReiNAND recently got ported to work via MSET though.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I want to use Decrypt9, it looks like I'm going to have to downgrade my n3ds. Is that right?

Edit: Somehow it started working again. Nevermind.

Last edited by thedude28,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. I have a flashcart(somewhere), and I can't find it.
2. I have an action replay dsi.
3. I haven't gotten homebrew yet.

Is there possibly ANYTHING I could do?

If you have a 3ds with a really low firmware, you could probably play on it. Otherwise there's no way as far as I can tell.

Edit: What are my options on getting xorpads if I'm using a N3DS?
Do i have to downgrade the console? If so, would that actually work?

I tried using this http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=288413 to get my xorpads, but it seems to hang after i'm done generating it.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. I have a flashcart(somewhere), and I can't find it.
2. I have an action replay dsi.
3. I haven't gotten homebrew yet.

Is there possibly ANYTHING I could do?
DS flashcarts are currently the only way to play DS roms on a 3DS. A DS emulator for the 3DS will never happen; the 3DS doesn't have the power to emulate a DS. I believe one of the 3DS devs stated that it wouldn't be possible to load DS games from the SD card, though I can't remember the technical reason why.

If you have a 3ds with a really low firmware, you could probably play on it. Otherwise there's no way as far as I can tell.

Edit: What are my options on getting xorpads if I'm using a N3DS?
Do i have to downgrade the console? If so, would that actually work?

I tried using this http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=288413 to get my xorpads, but it seems to hang after i'm done generating it.
Use Ninjhax + Decrypt9 to generate xorpads with the N3DS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-wip-3dsx-launcher-dat.388831/

You can't downgrade an N3DS (with the exception of the system settings).

Did you check to see if the xorpad files are on your mSD after the app you used hangs?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DS flashcarts are currently the only way to play DS roms on a 3DS. A DS emulator for the 3DS will never happen; the 3DS doesn't have the power to emulate a DS. I believe one of the 3DS devs stated that it wouldn't be possible to load DS games from the SD card, though I can't remember the technical reason why.

Use Ninjhax + Decrypt9 to generate xorpads with the N3DS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-wip-3dsx-launcher-dat.388831/

You can't downgrade an N3DS (with the exception of the system settings).

Did you check to see if the xorpad files are on your mSD after the app you used hangs?

They aren't. It doesn't work. ShadowTrance's on the other hand does, but I'm currently confused on where to put my files. I have all of them and I tried putting them in the "Working Directory," but it still doesn't work.

I'll have to keep messing around later. Thanks for your help!

Edit: Got it working. Now it's decrypting. Thanks again!

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

xeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello every1, i got a question cuz i didnt update my gateway since about a year...

i want to play mh4 online but also want to play other games with my gateway, is this possible and what is the best way to do this?
buy mh4 and use the original or use my game ID from mh4 on the gateway (can u post me a tutorial how to do this, ive heared it is possible but im not sure how to :))

thanks for your help

edit
my 3ds xl is on 4.5 and my emunand is somewhere near 7 i belive :)
forgot to add
edit/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?