• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question regarding the system transfer process from emunand to sysnand. From what I've researched, an emunand to sysnand transfer should work without issue, but I want to be absolutely certain before attempting it.

I have an original 3DS XL with 9.5 emunand and a New 3DS XL that unfortunately arrived on 9.4. Once I update my N3DS to 9.5, will it be safe to perform a system transfer between the two?
Yes, that will be fine. I transferred my emuNAND to my N3DS 9.5 as well.

Reactions: BananaMuffinFrenzy

mlvNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

so i bought a Sky3ds Card yesterday and im a complete noob and new to this so i've got some Questions and i hope you can help me.

I heard things about Public Headers, Private Headers and those things so i wonder if i could use like the Header of Animal Crossing New Leaf for Super Smash bros to stay safe?

And then i would like to know how i get the Header of Animal Crossing to import it in Super Smash Bros :D

Edit: Okay since i can't dumb my own Roms because i have no GW i can't make a Private Header, so is there a way to get other "not so public" headers anywhere for an online Game? I just mean others since the provided ones.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

so i bought a Sky3ds Card yesterday and im a complete noob and new to this so i've got some Questions and i hope you can help me.

I heard things about Public Headers, Private Headers and those things so i wonder if i could use like the Header of Animal Crossing New Leaf for Super Smash bros to stay safe?

And then i would like to know how i get the Header of Animal Crossing to import it in Super Smash Bros :D

Edit: Okay since i can't dumb my own Roms because i have no GW i can't make a Private Header, so is there a way to get other "not so public" headers anywhere for an online Game? I just mean others since the provided ones.
I refuse to tell people they are "safe". Search on rom patcher for injecting headers.

mlvNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I refuse to tell people they are "safe". Search on rom patcher for injecting headers.

Thanks for the Answer. Do you know where i could get other Headers than those from Sky3ds? I think you mean the GW Rom Patcher? Look at my edit:D

Yendi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
France
I have a 4.2 3DS XL, is it better to update it to 4.5 or should I stay on 4.2 for gateway? --> I've read that some people are saying that gateway is way more stable on 4.5

Thanks

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the Answer. Do you know where i could get other Headers than those from Sky3ds? I think you mean the GW Rom Patcher? Look at my edit:D
If you have an old 3DS you can use the GW launcher to dump games. No card needed. If you don't have once maybe you can find a used worn out one for cheap.

I don't think you are going to find "not so public" headers. You can turn to eBay but that just seems like a scam to me.

I have a 4.2 3DS XL, is it better to update it to 4.5 or should I stay on 4.2 for gateway? --> I've read that some people are saying that gateway is way more stable on 4.5

Thanks
It certainly isn't going to hurt to update to 4.5 if you have the means.

mlvNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have an old 3DS you can use the GW launcher to dump games. No card needed. If you don't have once maybe you can find a used worn out one for cheap.

I don't think you are going to find "not so public" headers. You can turn to eBay but that just seems like a scam to me.

I got an old 3DS but its already on 9.5. Does that work?

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS XL that had 4.4 firmware on it and have enjoyed the use of Gateway ever since. I just successfully downgraded my son's 3DS XL from 9.2 to 4.2. I seemed to be having issues with the Gateway card so I updated using the Castlevania Mirror of Fate card to 4.4 . Every thing is working fine with the Gateway. He has an original 3DS that he has some eshop purchased games on. The firmware is 9.5 . The downgraded 3DS XL emunand is on 9.5 . Can I do a system transfer from the original 3DS which is sysnand 9.5 to the 3DS XL emunand 9.5? If so I am assuming that you would have to be in emunand to play the transferred eshop games.

tomixnscale89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a question.

I just bought an new micro sd card for the Palatine CFW, and was wondering If I can copy all of the old data on to it without having to going through the gateway emunand setup, and Devmenu installation again.

I believe I recall seeing something about this before, might be wrong though. I'm wanting to go to a 8GB micro sd card to a 64GB micro sd card. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, and Thanks. You can skip all this and go to the numbers below or read the full post...

I have Gateway 3ds, downgraded to 4.2 and currently running emunand 9.5. I dumped my copy of Pokemon Y and put it onto the gateway card. Before launching the game I see that it request an update. Kinda weird since my wifi is off. Anyways how do I go about updating as I'm afraid of getting banned by updating it via Nintendo servers.(I assume my own dump is safe, but what about public ones?) I read something about updates via cia files. I have installed a couple cia's using BigBlueMenu. Do I have to download the game in cia and it will have the update already installed, or is there just some cia files that are the actual updates? Also after I install the cia from my sd card can I delete the cia install file off of the sd card or is it being used? Basicly did it install it like and install.exe and now I can delete the install.exe in a matter of speaking.

1. How do I update my roms
2. Can I delete .cia file after install

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, and Thanks. You can skip all this and go to the numbers below or read the full post...

I have Gateway 3ds, downgraded to 4.2 and currently running emunand 9.5. I dumped my copy of Pokemon Y and put it onto the gateway card. Before launching the game I see that it request an update. Kinda weird since my wifi is off. Anyways how do I go about updating as I'm afraid of getting banned by updating it via Nintendo servers.(I assume my own dump is safe, but what about public ones?) I read something about updates via cia files. I have installed a couple cia's using BigBlueMenu. Do I have to download the game in cia and it will have the update already installed, or is there just some cia files that are the actual updates? Also after I install the cia from my sd card can I delete the cia install file off of the sd card or is it being used? Basicly did it install it like and install.exe and now I can delete the install.exe in a matter of speaking.

1. How do I update my roms
2. Can I delete .cia file after install

To update, either install the CIA update or download the update directly from the eshop.

You can delete the cia later by deleting it either via bigbluemenu or syssettings in emuNAND.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I somehow thought i got a 9.5 3DS but i got a 9.2 one so i could use the Gateway Launcher to dump my ROM even without the Gateway card? Can anyone show me a tutorial or where i can get this.

EDIT: Is this how it works? https://gbatemp.net/threads/rom-headers-question.381164/page-4#post-5342229
Yes but you must wait for gw to release 9.2 support first.
I have a 3DS XL that had 4.4 firmware on it and have enjoyed the use of Gateway ever since. I just successfully downgraded my son's 3DS XL from 9.2 to 4.2. I seemed to be having issues with the Gateway card so I updated using the Castlevania Mirror of Fate card to 4.4 . Every thing is working fine with the Gateway. He has an original 3DS that he has some eshop purchased games on. The firmware is 9.5 . The downgraded 3DS XL emunand is on 9.5 . Can I do a system transfer from the original 3DS which is sysnand 9.5 to the 3DS XL emunand 9.5? If so I am assuming that you would have to be in emunand to play the transferred eshop games.
Yes you can transfer as long as they are the same FW and same region. Legit games will transfer, fakesigned cia's won't.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is save data corruption if you don't use the home button and exit the game manually still a thing? Because I just lost a 30 hour save in Persona Q thanks to the game F***ing me in the ass.

Last time I think I turned the console off without going to the home menu first, exiting and then turning the console off. When I started the game now, I got a "Game cartridge has been removed, press A to restart", and once it restarted the console the game deemed the save "corrupted" and automatically removed it!

I don't have any backups either, this is the first time I've encountered this. I'm so mad right now I could strangle puppies!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu