• Likes 43

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, my friend has 9.4 too, dang. And since your saying
no nand sharing, no gateway on 3ds for us then...
But, another question (I hope I'm not bothering you)... My friend has told me
that the new eur 3ds comes with firmware 9.0 (from his sources, if it's not fake),
so, as you said, the gateway should work, right?

EDIT: Just a stupid question: It is possible to transfer data between 3ds-3ds/N3ds without
having to update it or what?
The reports I have seen are the first batch of EU N3DS are 9.0 so yes Gateway shoukd work with them if and when gateway releases support for them. No guarantees. Who knows when higher firmwares will start appearing.

I beleive there are ways of transfering data without updating, but I can't help you with that. Not something I follow closely. There are lots of threads on the subject so you will have to start doing your research.

Sky3DS is an option for you as well.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#6255, any advice?
#6255 is my post. Uh, so no, I have all I need at the moment, thanks anyway.

OH YAY the nub paradise!

Short question; is there a way to play my 3ds EU games on my USA 3ds?
Can i just do that with custom firmware? or do i need a gateway card or is it not possible at all ?
I don't do CFW. Gateway is region free and I can play EU roms. Sky has something called regionthree but doesn't work on the N3DS. There is a thread on it.

Question, with the 3ds rom carts, specifically the gateway 3ds (looks like the best option IMO, let me know if I am wrong), can I play ds games as well as 3ds games?

Edit: Sorry, another question, I see a lot of talk about downgrading with the gateway, do I have to downgrade? (I will be buying a new 3ds xl so I would like to know if I have to downgrade, if I do I will just buy the correct firmware 3ds xl off ebay)
Found your post #6225. :)

The gateway cannot play DS games at the moment a cheap r4 will do just fine for that.

Old 3DS 9.2 and below work just fine. You do not have to downgrade and you cannot downgrade one above 9.2 unless you have a hardware mod and original nand backup.

The New 3DS is not currently supported by gateway. Hopefully Soon™

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
#6255 is my post. Uh, so no, I have all I need at the moment, thanks anyway.

I don't do CFW. Gateway is region free and I can play EU roms. Sky has something called regionthree but doesn't work on the N3DS. There is a thread on it.

Found your post #6225. :)

The gateway cannot play DS games at the moment a cheap r4 will do just fine for that.

Old 3DS 9.2 and below work just fine. You do not have to downgrade and you cannot downgrade one above 9.2 unless you have a hardware mod and original nand backup.

The New 3DS is not currently supported by gateway. Hopefully Soon™

My bad, you are right 6225. And I do not mean the new new 3DS I mean an new in box old 3DS XL that is 9.2. Will it still work? (uhhh...did that make any sense?)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, you are right 6225. And I do not mean the new new 3DS I mean an new in box old 3DS XL that is 9.2. Will it still work? (uhhh...did that make any sense?)
Will what still work?

Gate will work on 9.2. Some r4 cards will work on 9.x. The gateway will no play DS games.

Old 3DS 9.2 and below works with Gateway. Didn't I say this? :)

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you describe how I could downgrade in more detail? I only discovered Gateway recently but I had already updated to firmware 9.5 by then. Or do I just have to wait until the Gateway team releases an exploit for newer versions?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you describe how I could downgrade in more detail? I only discovered Gateway recently but I had already updated to firmware 9.5 by then. Or do I just have to wait until the Gateway team releases an exploit for newer versions?
Sorry but you are screwed. Without an original nand backup even a hardware mod will not help you.

Choices:
Wait. Maybe months, maybe years, maybe never.
Sell and buy another 3DS. (Good option)
Sky3DS

If you want to know more about the downgrade process get the new guide from the gateway website or look at many of the downgrade threads here.

Good luck.

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This question was probably answered thousand of times, but I'll try to ask anyway: is the gateway flashcard compatible with new 3ds (normal one) with software =<9.2?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question was probably answered thousand of times, but I'll try to ask anyway: is the gateway flashcard compatible with new 3ds (normal one) with software =<9.2?
Fuck you Nintendo! What do you mean by "new 3DS(normal one)"? N3DS, N3DS LL/XL or a new to you (old)3DS?

Is it safe to format a linked GW emuNAND from system settings to unlink it?
Formatting emunand will wipe all the contents, but yes it is safe. Most people format sysnand, some reason you want to format emunand?

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fuck you Nintendo! What do you mean by "new 3DS(normal one)"? N3DS, N3DS LL/XL or a new to you (old)3DS?

Why they couldn't just call it "Nintendo 3DS pro"... I meant N3DS, this one just to be clear
DSCF6667.0.jpg
I was asking if a N3DS with firmware less than 9.2 is compatible with the Gateway

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why they couldn't just call it "Nintendo 3DS pro"... I meant N3DS, this one just to be clear
DSCF6667.0.jpg
I was asking if a N3DS with firmware less than 9.2 is compatible with the Gateway
Or Air or 2 or U or Extra or Lite or Phat or Advance or anything other than fucking New.

No N3DS is compatible at the moment. 9.2 and below should be fine but we will not know for sure until gateway releases support.

Reactions: 4ur0r

crash_insane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I exploited my 3DS XL 4.5 Native for gateway mode, then installed emunand and updated to 9.5, now I like to install the DS Profile exploit so I can get into Gateway mode easier, do I simply inside the gateway blue cart and just follow directions to enable it?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I exploited my 3DS XL 4.5 Native for gateway mode, then installed emunand and updated to 9.5, now I like to install the DS Profile exploit so I can get into Gateway mode easier, do I simply inside the gateway blue cart and just follow directions to enable it?
The gateway website has a manual now in the downloads section. You copy the files over and then follow the directions.

Did you use the browser exploit to set up emunand?

Gelbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get my private header to work. So I've backed up my Pokemon y physical cartridge and exported the header using the 1.0 rom patcher and tried to import it into Mario kart 7 and alpha sapphire both games when I booted them up froze at a black screen. I made sure to add a .3dz on both of them and they both worked fine afterwards without the header offline. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? The headers read header and additional data after I implemented them into the files instead of no header found

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I managed to get the answer by myself, and the answer is that: no, N3DS use a KTR-003 battery model whereas the 3DS use CTR-003 or something, but still, they are not the same

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk