• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

icebeam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get a Sky3ds (or a gateway 3ds after its next update) i understand that I can play backups online. BUT, will the online capability be gone after the next firmware update (after 9.2). Basically, if I get a sky3ds, will I be able to play online after nintendo releases a new firmware update, even if I don't update my firmware?

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Any recommendations on a good brand for a 64 gig micro SD to put in my Gateway? I don't know if any perform better or not.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I get a Sky3ds (or a gateway 3ds after its next update) i understand that I can play backups online. BUT, will the online capability be gone after the next firmware update (after 9.2). Basically, if I get a sky3ds, will I be able to play online after nintendo releases a new firmware update, even if I don't update my firmware?
Only if the game doesn't require an update. Because you'll have to download it from the eshop and you can't access the eshop unless you're on the latest firmware.

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heya, some lame question here thats not worth making a new topic for. I am looking to set up a Spillpass-pi, but the recommended network adapter is kinda sold-out. Are there any good alternatives?

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've been sort of out of the 3DS scene loop for a bit. Once multirom was released I didn't really need a ton more from gateway.

But I have been wanting to upgrade from my 3DS to an XL. Walmart has the New Super Mario Bros 2 special edition on sale for $150 so I thought it might be a good idea to order one due to the recent gateway announcement of 9.2 support.

Is this a wise decision in anyone's opinion?

And when I get it should I immediately open it up and update it to 9.2 and then just stash it until we hear more?

If I don't want it all I have to do is cancel the in store pickup, but it seemed like a good deal to get a 3DS XL.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've been sort of out of the 3DS scene loop for a bit. Once multirom was released I didn't really need a ton more from gateway.

But I have been wanting to upgrade from my 3DS to an XL. Walmart has the New Super Mario Bros 2 special edition on sale for $150 so I thought it might be a good idea to order one due to the recent gateway announcement of 9.2 support.

Is this a wise decision in anyone's opinion?

And when I get it should I immediately open it up and update it to 9.2 and then just stash it until we hear more?

If I don't want it all I have to do is cancel the in store pickup, but it seemed like a good deal to get a 3DS XL.
Well if you really want the XL yeah you should update it to 9.2 once you get it.
I don't consider it really an upgrade since I don't like the XL, hah.
Can't you wait for the New 3DS?

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you really want the XL yeah you should update it to 9.2 once you get it.
I don't consider it really an upgrade since I don't like the XL, hah.
Can't you wait for the New 3DS?

I can wait, sure as I already have a regular 3DS. But I don't think I want the new 3DS due to the price it will be compared to the 3DS XL already available.

Will there be games I cannot play at all if I don't have the new one?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can wait, sure as I already have a regular 3DS. But I don't think I want the new 3DS due to the price it will be compared to the 3DS XL already available.

Will there be games I cannot play at all if I don't have the new one?
Well there sure will be exclusive games, especially first-party ones... we just don't know how many or when they will show up.
It might go like the DSi and be like only a few dumb games or they might go full retard and start releasing new marios and zeldas for it... We have no idea right now.

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there sure will be exclusive games, especially first-party ones... we just don't know how many or when they will show up.
It might go like the DSi and be like only a few dumb games or they might go full retard and start releasing new marios and zeldas for it... We have no idea right now.

Were there games that only the DSi could play, not counting eshop stuff?

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few shitty ones

Wait, actually after a quick google search I found a few stories saying Xenoblade Chronicles will be New 3DS exclusive?

That seems really shitty of Nintendo to do considering it's like a half-step if that. Will there be a completely new 3DS-like handheld only a few years after the NEW 3DS comes out? How will they make it clear your 3DS is too shitty to play certain games to consumers?

I guess I might have to wait if they are going to have exclusives this early on.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, actually after a quick google search I found a few stories saying Xenoblade Chronicles will be New 3DS exclusive?

That seems really shitty of Nintendo to do considering it's like a half-step if that. Will there be a completely new 3DS-like handheld only a few years after the NEW 3DS comes out? How will they make it clear your 3DS is too shitty to play certain games to consumers?

I guess I might have to wait if they are going to have exclusives this early on.
Yeah, Xenoblade will be exclusive. (I thought everyone knew that already)
It's all up to Nintendo if they're gonna take the risk of releasing games exclusively for a new console, ignoring the 40 milion old 3DSs all over the world.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yes, Xenoblade Chronicles will be N3DS exclusive.
Yeah, it kind of sucks that it's an exclusive. But it's just a port anyways.

DoctorZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Xenoblade will be exclusive. (I thought everyone knew that already)
It's all up to Nintendo if they're gonna take the risk of releasing games exclusively for a new console, ignoring the 40 milion old 3DSs all over the world.

Like I said, I've been out of the loop for a while. I haven't really played anything on 3DS that came out after Fire Emblem.

Yes, Xenoblade Chronicles will be N3DS exclusive.
Yeah, it kind of sucks that it's an exclusive. But it's just a port anyways.

What scares me is the new CPU, why do that if you do not intend to make exclusive games to push the hardware.

What would be really scummy is if Nintendo then released the 4DS shortly after the N3DS, acting like "It was only a minor revision. Did you expect the DSi to last forever too? Haha..."

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What would be really scummy is if Nintendo then released the 4DS shortly after the N3DS, acting like "It was only a minor revision. Did you expect the DSi to last forever too? Haha..."
Yeah, I will only get a New 3DS if there are relevant exclusives AND the price drops or if some kernel exploit is found and I can use gateway and emunand on it.

zingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just recently got a sky3ds and loaded a few games onto the card without issue, super smash bros even indicated that version 1.0.4 needed to be downloaded from the eshop. Done this and the game works flawlessly apart from if I try and go online and it reports this card is not supported and an error code. I am aware of the risks with these things but surely it hasnt been blocked already?

Further to this I have tried injecting public headers with the gateway tool into both SSB and Mario Golf and both give an online error code with or without the header. I realise not having a gateway I cannot get the header from one of my many existing cartridges.

What confuses me is the reviews say SSB works online any idea what I have done wrong?

sadida17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,

I just read that gateway 3DS is about to work on 9.2.0-20; I've updated my 3DS XL (european) to 9.2.0 through the normal wireless update, can I use the gateway once the update for it is out? Can I buy a Gateway 3DS right now or is it a new hardware revision that enables 9.2.0?

Thanks!

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys,

I just read that gateway 3DS is about to work on 9.2.0-20; I've updated my 3DS XL (european) to 9.2.0 through the normal wireless update, can I use the gateway once the update for it is out? Can I buy a Gateway 3DS right now or is it a new hardware revision that enables 9.2.0?

Thanks!
It's the same hardware. They haven't revealed how the update will be performed by the user though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1