United States

weika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions regarding region locks/unlocking:

1) I'm kinda new to this but I have a US 9.2.0-20 3DS and I want to bypass it's region lock to get JP games. What's the best course of action I can take to do so? And will online functionality on my US 3DS be blocked?

2) Let's say I get a JP New3DS and I want to use my US 3DS games on it. Is that possible yet?

second question is more or less the same as the first but I just wanted to know at least lol. Thanks in advance.

DryTaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

1) I'm kinda new to this but I have a US 9.2.0-20 3DS and I want to bypass it's region lock to get JP games. What's the best course of action I can take to do so? And will online functionality on my US 3DS be blocked?

2) Let's say I get a JP New3DS and I want to use my US 3DS games on it. Is that possible yet?

second question is more or less the same as the first but I just wanted to know at least lol. Thanks in advance.

Online should work IF you can bypass the region lock, game-updates are a no-no sadly. Best way is to wait for the gateway 3ds update to support 9.x. There's no other solution yet.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

It's not possible right at the moment. It is only possible using the Gateway card, which only currently supports up to fw4.5. Support for fw9.2 is coming to Gateway, but we don't know quite how comprehensive the feature set will be (if it's basically similar to Sky3DS, then it don't be region free).

However, Smealum claims that region free should be possible with the Ninjhax exploit. It's not ready yet, though.

weika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online should work IF you can bypass the region lock, game-updates are a no-no sadly. Best way is to wait for the gateway 3ds update to support 9.x. There's no other solution yet.
It's not possible right at the moment. It is only possible using the Gateway card, which only currently supports up to fw4.5. Support for fw9.2 is coming to Gateway, but we don't know quite how comprehensive the feature set will be (if it's basically similar to Sky3DS, then it don't be region free).

However, Smealum claims that region free should be possible with the Ninjhax exploit. It's not ready yet, though.

So it's either I get a gateway card when support for 9.2 fw is implemented (and region free feature is available with it) or wait if region free will be somehow worked through the ninjhax exploit, hmm.

Thanks for the input you guys!

Reactions: DryTaste

phazonknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a us version of animal crossing thats .3ds and I recently got a .cia eur region unlocked animal crossing and was wondering can I transfer my save file from the .3ds version to the .cia one using savedatafiler?

zingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just recently got a sky3ds and loaded a few games onto the card without issue, super smash bros even indicated that version 1.0.4 needed to be downloaded from the eshop. Done this and the game works flawlessly apart from if I try and go online and it reports this card is not supported and an error code. I am aware of the risks with these things but surely it hasnt been blocked already?

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[NINJHAX] So, I think (hope) I didn't do something right.

SNES games run extremely poorly on the system to the point where half of them freeze and crash the application, requiring a forceful shutdown of the system. At first I thought okay, it's just a bad emulator, but it even freaks out for games which I know other people have gotten to work.

Example: Super Metroid appears to run fine from the start screen to the opening cinematic, but as soon as you get to the actual gameplay, all you see is a blue background (though you can hear Samus jumping and walking around if you fidget with the controls). I'm using the "unofficial" 1.19 version.

3DSCraft is also buggy too. It frequently freezes and crashes the system, similarly requiring a forceful shutdown. Also, I can't destroy blocks.

I even uninstalled the hack and reinstalled it, making sure twice that I selected the correct firmware, but no dice - still performs the same.

I have firmware 9.2.0.20U on an OG 3DS. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Is anyone having similar problems or did I do something wrong?

(first post, yay!)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[NINJHAX] So, I think (hope) I didn't do something right.

SNES games run extremely poorly on the system to the point where half of them freeze and crash the application, requiring a forceful shutdown of the system. At first I thought okay, it's just a bad emulator, but it even freaks out for games which I know other people have gotten to work.

Example: Super Metroid appears to run fine from the start screen to the opening cinematic, but as soon as you get to the actual gameplay, all you see is a blue background (though you can hear Samus jumping and walking around if you fidget with the controls). I'm using the "unofficial" 1.19 version.

3DSCraft is also buggy too. It frequently freezes and crashes the system, similarly requiring a forceful shutdown. Also, I can't destroy blocks.

I even uninstalled the hack and reinstalled it, making sure twice that I selected the correct firmware, but no dice - still performs the same.

I have firmware 9.2.0.20U on an OG 3DS. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Is anyone having similar problems or did I do something wrong?

(first post, yay!)

All 3DS homebrew is, at the moment, in a very early stage. So it *will* be buggy. It will improve over time.

atptsoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hey guys,

I've just loaded the rom into my gateway and in gateway mode pressed select and the rom loads up in the start menu. However, once i launch the game it gets stuck on the nintendo 3ds screen and doesn't progress from there. I'm using the alpha sapphire with the online patch as a rom.

What's the fix for this? Thanks!!​

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, can I update my nand using Gateway v1 through roms like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to infinity?
Thank you for answering this question. :D

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I could get it to work, I'll make a guide. But my game won't show up. I installed the gw v1 already and is on gateway mode but the game I've written in the micro sd card MH3U, won't shop up...
is it a .3ds rom? it won't recognize .3dz
also I don't think you can use an up-to-date Gateway cart with Gateway v1 launcher

xiaolin20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Quick noob question.

Was trying to export a save data from a card 1 game and it reads "CTR Card -- Broken --". I've actually done this before with a Pokemon game and it seemed to work fine, but for this game I'm trying it's not working. The game I'm checking is "rune factory 4". Just wondering why it says that error.

Pufin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
Just got my 3ds and gateway today.

I tried playing smash bros and omega ruby, but it doesn't work. However, mario kart 7 without online works.
I got the smash bros and omega ruby roms already online ready in 3dz form, so I don't think the problem is with the roms.

Is there anything I need to do to the 3ds itself to make it online ready? Like something with the firmware, or an eshop update? I'm afraid to update anything since I don't want to lose my 4.2 firmware.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I tried playing smash bros and omega ruby, but it doesn't work. However, mario kart 7 without online works.
I got the smash bros and omega ruby roms already online ready in 3dz form, so I don't think the problem is with the roms.

Is there anything I need to do to the 3ds itself to make it online ready? Like something with the firmware, or an eshop update? I'm afraid to update anything since I don't want to lose my 4.2 firmware.
Did you format your emunand and update it to 9.2?

Reactions: Pufin

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

You need to format EmuNAND from that Gateway menu and then update the EnuNAND to 9.2 like the above said.

Be careful though. When you update, do it from the System Settings and check it says 'GW3D' before the firmware version on the upper screen. If not, don't update because you are still in SysNAND. Also, the system reverts to SysNAND when you exit the System Settings, so always check.

Reactions: Pufin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning