• Likes 43

kapapt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
*ma'am
1) What is your current setup on your 3DS? Are you running arm9loaderhax (a9lh) or boot9strap (b9s)? If running a9lh, which version? You don't choose the Decrypt9 option in GodMode9... You run Decrypt9 through Luma's chainloader (pressing and holding Start while booting your system then choosing Decrypt9). a9lh needs the .bin for Decrypt9, b9s needs the .firm for Decrypt9.
2) You just need to make the files9 folder. That's not the source of your problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Simply follow http://3ds.guide. There will be a step in the guide that will have you move your emuNAND to your sysNAND so that you will keep everything.

I am looking at it but its not clear to me... only talks on fresh instalation.. And another doubt can i format my sd card? Or what files and folders i've to keep? Can you give me the direct link of that step?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking at it but its not clear to me... only talks on fresh instalation.. And another doubt can i format my sd card? Or what files and folders i've to keep? Can you give me the direct link of that step?
Just act like you are installing from a fresh installation. You will come across the step when following the guide and you need to follow the guide to properly move your emuNAND. Do not format your SD card yet. When you finish following the guide, post here with screenshots of your SD card asking what you can delete.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

kapapt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just act like you are installing from a fresh installation. You will come across the step when following the guide and you need to follow the guide to properly move your emuNAND. Do not format your SD card yet. When you finish following the guide, post here with screenshots of your SD card asking what you can delete.

Ok, so i'll go step by step like i didnt have nothing installed, but i've to boot do sysnand to do it right? Because right now it booting directly to emunand and the sysnand its already patched for rxtools...

Sorry i'm making so many questions but i'm really confused it this steps... and i'm looking to the guide and i dont see the emunand step

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i'll go step by step like i didnt have nothing installed, but i've to boot do sysnand to do it right? Because right now it booting directly to emunand and the sysnand its already patched for rxtools...

Sorry i'm making so many questions but i'm really confused it this steps... and i'm looking to the guide and i dont see the emunand step
Yes you need to be in sysNAND to do the guide. https://3ds.guide/move-emunand, mentioned in https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup Section II - Updating the System.

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
*ma'am
1) What is your current setup on your 3DS? Are you running arm9loaderhax (a9lh) or boot9strap (b9s)? If running a9lh, which version? You don't choose the Decrypt9 option in GodMode9... You run Decrypt9 through Luma's chainloader (pressing and holding Start while booting your system then choosing Decrypt9). a9lh needs the .bin for Decrypt9, b9s needs the .firm for Decrypt9.
2) You just need to make the files9 folder. That's not the source of your problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Simply follow http://3ds.guide. There will be a step in the guide that will have you move your emuNAND to your sysNAND so that you will keep everything.

First of all, I'd like to apologize, Ma'am. I am sorry I did not know. Now I do, though.

Ma'am, I was able to do the boot9strap steps, but I am not sure how to check whether I've accomplished that or not..
How will I access the Luma's chainloader? Here are some pictures of the error I receive whenever I try to access the Decrypt9 by using "Start+ Power ON".

Whenever I boot Godmode9, I get to choose which I would access:
https://imgur.com/aNidBBP

After choosing the latter, I receive this error..
https://imgur.com/SJyVUY9

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I'd like to apologize, Ma'am. I am sorry I did not know. Now I do, though.

Ma'am, I was able to do the boot9strap steps, but I am not sure how to check whether I've accomplished that or not..
How will I access the Luma's chainloader? Here are some pictures of the error I receive whenever I try to access the Decrypt9 by using "Start+ Power ON".

Whenever I boot Godmode9, I get to choose which I would access:
https://imgur.com/aNidBBP

After choosing the latter, I receive this error..
https://imgur.com/SJyVUY9
Don't worry about the gender thing. I get that all the time.

Hold Select when you boot your system. If you have Luma v7.1+, you have boot9strap.

The first image isn't GodMode9. The first image is the Luma chainloader.

As for the second image, you need to update your Decrypt9 version to the latest, again you have to use the .firm instead of the .bin for Decrypt9. If it's already there, you'll need to update your boot9strap version and Luma version via https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: AlexanderBlackk

kapapt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

kapapt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As long as you can access the Homebrew Launcher on your sysNAND, it doesn't matter what method of hax you use.
Use Rosalina to access the homebrew launcher. There are details on the finalising setup page, even you install FBI from the homebrew launcher.

Ok, I'll try it tonight and give to you a feedback ;)
Thanks for the help

Reactions: Quantumcat

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Hold Select when you boot your system. If you have Luma v7.1+, you have boot9strap.

As for the second image, you need to update your Decrypt9 version to the latest, again you have to use the .firm instead of the .bin for Decrypt9. If it's already there, you'll need to update your boot9strap version and Luma version via https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s.

When you said "you have to use the .firm instead of the .bin" does that mean I have to edit the .firm and not the .bin?
Should it be like this --> 'right_Decrypt9WIP.firm'?

EDIT: I was able to successfully finish everything in the updating of the Bootstrap version.
How should I access Decrypt9? Via Start+ Power? I seem to get the same error in the second picture that I have sent

Last edited by AlexanderBlackk,

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requesting a factory FW check by serial on a New Galaxy-style N3DS with the serial QW4121XXXXX, please. The last reddit thread was from Dec. 2016.

I'm hoping it's at least before 11.4 so that I can easy B9S the thing.

If not, I'll have time to snag the right flashcard, as I have it on layaway at the moment.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello, I am planning to move on from gateway to luma3DS. I have a question: do I need an internet connection on the finalizing setup part? somehow I am paranoid that the system will connect to nintendo server and will update the nand

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hello, I am planning to move on from gateway to luma3DS. I have a question: do I need an internet connection on the finalizing setup part? somehow I am paranoid that the system will connect to nintendo server and will update the nand
In the finalizing setup part you need internet to update the console

Reactions: eriol33

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you said "you have to use the .firm instead of the .bin" does that mean I have to edit the .firm and not the .bin?
Should it be like this --> 'right_Decrypt9WIP.firm'?

EDIT: I was able to successfully finish everything in the updating of the Bootstrap version.
How should I access Decrypt9? Via Start+ Power? I seem to get the same error in the second picture that I have sent
You don't need to name it like that. Yes you should be accessing it through start+power. Are you using the latest version of Decrypt9? Perhaps the author needs to update the program.

Reactions: AlexanderBlackk

sakujou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi there,

i have some games installed, and since i upgraded to b9s, i installed mighty gunvolt burst and monster hunter stories, which do not boot up. i simply get a crash screen telling me all sorts of stuff including a crash.dump.log saved somewhere.

what to do to solve this issue? did i do something wrong, when i upgraded from a9lh to b9s?

bobby771

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, recently the ds and dsi functions (cartridges, dsi wares) on my n3ds xl (11.5 and luma 6.6) stopped working, i only get a black screen on boot, I tried this guide : 3ds.guide/troubleshooting but it didnt worked... Anyone can help ? Thanks

backs

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,i have a O3DS (FW 4.5) with Gateway emunand(11.2) and i want to move on CWF using a new SD card.Once i follow the guide and update sysnad to 11.5,can i still use gateway emunad(on my old sd card)???.Sorry for bad english.Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock