• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you run a Pokemon Generation 4 or 5 game on a R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe is it possible to use pokebank?
No. Why would you think the official app would recognize ROMs on a flashcart? The only reason you can use it with pirated 3DS games is because they are installed the exact same way as official ones. You'll need an actual cartridge to use PokeTransporter.

My advice is just to use PKHeX to transfer them. Saves are stored right on your flashcarts SD card, just load it in PKHeX, load your Gen 7 save in a separate window and literally drag and drop your pokemon. Then you can save them in the bank from Gen 7 if you want to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guys my o3ds 11.5 b9s Luma suddenly started giving "An error occurred (Errdisp)" on every game, app, even native apps like System Settings. What to do?
Sounds to me like your SD card is dying.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just wondering if these exception arm11 crash dumps are a common thing with some homebrew apps right now? I'm pretty sure a future luma update will fix this.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering if these exception arm11 crash dumps are a common thing with some homebrew apps right now? I'm pretty sure a future luma update will fix this.
Honestly, I believe most of them are due to individual system configurations. A lot of people either forgot what hax they used in the first place and have tons of conflicting files floating around, or have frankenfirms and don't know it. Or they did something "back then" to their console and never fixed it, they had an error they ignored, something. I very rarely see these errors with people that have experience with hax in general, most of them are either the aforementioned or new users; which tend to make numerous mistakes.

Personally, I have never experienced these errors except when loading DS Roms from forwarders on my homemenu, but the error isn't consistent. It's more of a "wait for everything to load properly, before trying to redirect to TWL firm" so it yells at me when I'm impatient. Other than that, I only get the "firm booted from unsupported location" because I use CTR9.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just modded a clean 2DS (even system formatted it because the previous owner made - I don't joke - 56 EMPTY FOLDERS on the home screen) and it has an arm11 exception when quitting freeShop with Start. Possibly a problem with freeShop's code, but still, the previous versions of Luma didn't have this problem I don't think?
It was on 8.1.0-19E.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, I believe most of them are due to individual system configurations. A lot of people either forgot what hax they used in the first place and have tons of conflicting files floating around, or have frankenfirms and don't know it. Or they did something "back then" to their console and never fixed it, they had an error they ignored, something. I very rarely see these errors with people that have experience with hax in general, most of them are either the aforementioned or new users; which tend to make numerous mistakes.

Personally, I have never experienced these errors except when loading DS Roms from forwarders on my homemenu, but the error isn't consistent. It's more of a "wait for everything to load properly, before trying to redirect to TWL firm" so it yells at me when I'm impatient. Other than that, I only get the "firm booted from unsupported location" because I use CTR9.
I just modded a clean 2DS (even system formatted it because the previous owner made - I don't joke - 56 EMPTY FOLDERS on the home screen) and it has an arm11 exception when quitting freeShop with Start. Possibly a problem with freeShop's code, but still, the previous versions of Luma didn't have this problem I don't think?
It was on 8.1.0-19E.
I have a lot of unused and useless files on my sd card such as arm9loaderhax.bin and stuff like that. Could that be the reason why?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was on 8.1.0-19E.
I don't think any of these problems happened before Boot9Strap became a thing. I just assume K9LH wasn't as sensitive to corrupted/missing/incompatible data so it didn't throw an error but they were always there.

Reactions: Quantumcat

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have not cleaned up my sd card at ALL. What folders and files should I delete?

Attachments

• IMG_2627.JPG
    IMG_2627.JPG
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2628.JPG
    IMG_2628.JPG
    629 KB · Views: 118

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not cleaned up my sd card at ALL. What folders and files should I delete?
Make a backup of the a9lh folder on your PC then delete it. Just in case, you never know.

Also delete:
arm11.bin
arm9.bin
arm9loaderhax.bin.bak
SafeA9LHInstaller.dat
soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a
otherapp.bin

If you have any more pictures of your SD card now would be a good time to post them.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make a backup of the following the a9lh folder on your PC then delete it. Just in case, you never know.

Also delete:
arm11.bin
arm9.bin
arm9loaderhax.bin.bak
SafeA9LHInstaller.dat
soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a
otherapp.bin

If you have any more pictures of your SD card now would be a good time to post them.
Ok, thanks. Those are all the files on the root of my sd card.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How do you backup DsiWare saves?
I have a 100% completed Zelda Four Swords save on my "Old" New3DS XL, and I want copy it on my "new" New3DSXL (I bought a new one).

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you backup DsiWare saves?
I have a 100% completed Zelda Four Swords save on my "Old" New3DS XL, and I want copy it on my "new" New3DSXL (I bought a new one).
Can't you just use Godmode?
SYSNAND TWLN -> title -> 00030004 -> <GameID> -> data -> public.sav Copy and paste somewhere on the SD card?

whiteboard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I hope I'm here in right threat...
I have 2 3DS, and have GW. Kids did not Play for a while, not they wanted to Play latest Pokemon games. I read manuals but for whatever reason it did not work (i did no A9HL).
So looked into latest stuff and found lots of info here and on 3Ds.guide and decided then not do continue with GW Card.
Then I replaced the small 2Gb Card with 32GB, did factory reset, and started steps from 3DS.guide, and coming now to 'Section II - Updating the System'
Now I should go to System Settings, enable Internet and really do “System Update”?

I'm running both 3DS on FW 4.x and if I do so, I will be likely on latest one 11.x
I've seen no step or recommendation to do any system backup first. However, from my GW times I have NAND.BIN from my 4.x version
Are those still needed, and compatbile with Luma/ non-GW? Should I do backup first and if so how (I pressed the backup button in GM9, but this was so quick, I think it cannot be the same)?

Two more questions:
1. When I did set-up with SafeB9SInstaller. I think I had 3 Options, normal one, and then something with ND/ NDR or so. What is the difference and is this something to consider?
2. Frequently I read the term "CTR" - what is this? It's very often used in 3DS.guide and here in forum, but have not understood purpose.

Many thanks, Whiteboard

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I hope I'm here in right threat...
I have 2 3DS, and have GW. Kids did not Play for a while, not they wanted to Play latest Pokemon games. I read manuals but for whatever reason it did not work (i did no A9HL).
So looked into latest stuff and found lots of info here and on 3Ds.guide and decided then not do continue with GW Card.
Then I replaced the small 2Gb Card with 32GB, did factory reset, and started steps from 3DS.guide, and coming now to 'Section II - Updating the System'
Now I should go to System Settings, enable Internet and really do “System Update”?

I'm running both 3DS on FW 4.x and if I do so, I will be likely on latest one 11.x
I've seen no step or recommendation to do any system backup first. However, from my GW times I have NAND.BIN from my 4.x version
Are those still needed, and compatbile with Luma/ non-GW? Should I do backup first and if so how (I pressed the backup button in GM9, but this was so quick, I think it cannot be the same)?

Two more questions:
1. When I did set-up with SafeB9SInstaller. I think I had 3 Options, normal one, and then something with ND/ NDR or so. What is the difference and is this something to consider?
2. Frequently I read the term "CTR" - what is this? It's very often used in 3DS.guide and here in forum, but have not understood purpose.

Many thanks, Whiteboard
off topic, but your account is 10yo and you post only now :rofl:?

To answer:
Yes, you can safely update once a9lh/b9s is installed.
Make sure to have the Sys. or Emu. string before your system firmware version.

To be simple, CTR mean 3DS, it's (like) a code name

Last edited by Asia81,

whiteboard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes, I have account very long time - so far I found what I was looking for :D

I can see Sys in settings, ok, will do update, thanks...
so there is no backup of Nand needed anymore?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yes, I have account very long time - so far I found what I was looking for :D

I can see Sys in settings, ok, will do update, thanks...
so there is no backup of Nand needed anymore?
You don't need to do a backup of the old version. It's done in the end of the guide just in case you somehow mess up.

Reactions: whiteboard

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just curious, but if you ever get banned, whether in Pokemon Sun and Moon or being not allowed to use Nintendo's online services, would there be a way to fix it? Because I just checked my Pokemon Sun to see if I got banned and thankfully I didn't but I was just wondering that if you do get banned, is there a way to fix it?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just curious, but if you ever get banned, whether in Pokemon Sun and Moon or being not allowed to use Nintendo's online services, would there be a way to fix it? Because I just checked my Pokemon Sun to see if I got banned and thankfully I didn't but I was just wondering that if you do get banned, is there a way to fix it?
Yes, you inject to your 3DS a public friend code seed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill