• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Phokingill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ppl, question.

I'm on an N3DSXL w/ Sys 11.5.0-38U, Luma 8.1.1, B9S, and have Godmode9. My issue is that I don't have FBI on my dashboard so I can't install .cia files. Is there an efficient way for me to access the homebrew menu to install FBI or an alternate way to install FBI?

Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey ppl, question.

I'm on an N3DSXL w/ Sys 11.5.0-38U, Luma 8.1.1, B9S, and have Godmode9. My issue is that I don't have FBI on my dashboard so I can't install .cia files. Is there an efficient way for me to access the homebrew menu to install FBI or an alternate way to install FBI?

Thanks.
Use FBI.3dsx through Rosalina. See https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup for precise instructions.

Reactions: Phokingill

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm about to create a NAND backup since I'm updating my system because of H&S still being FBI (I go to FBI, delete H&S, power off the system, system update). I already have everything in place and working just fine. I watched a YouTube video where this guy restored his NAND backup and told me that once you restore it, you lose all of your cias. If I ever do need to restore it, is there a way to prevent this or do you just have to redownload everything? (luma updater, etc.)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to create a NAND backup since I'm updating my system because of H&S still being FBI (I go to FBI, delete H&S, power off the system, system update). I already have everything in place and working just fine. I watched a YouTube video where this guy restored his NAND backup and told me that once you restore it, you lose all of your cias. If I ever do need to restore it, is there a way to prevent this or do you just have to redownload everything? (luma updater, etc.)
You don't lose ALL your CIAs..... Basically it reverts your system back to where it was when you made the backup. If you still have the same games as you did before, they won't disappear. If you installed new titles AFTER you made the backup, then those WILL disappear and need to be reinstalled.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't lose ALL your CIAs..... Basically it reverts your system back to where it was when you made the backup. If you still have the same games as you did before, they won't disappear. If you installed new titles AFTER you made the backup, then those WILL disappear and need to be reinstalled.
Oh lol, guess the guy was wrong. Ok, thanks for the heads up!

Mr_TRZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you have the latest version (8.1.1)? In the release notes it says that it will now just log ErrDisp errors and not show an error screen.
Yes, I made sure to go both to LumaUpdater, and then I manually downloaded the boot file from the github page. I don't really understand how this happens.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes, I made sure to go both to LumaUpdater, and then I manually downloaded the boot file from the github page. I don't really understand how this happens.
When you press l+down+select which version of Luma is shown in the bottom left corner?

Last edited by Uumas,

achyoav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Maybe there's something wrong with your SD card. Can you play all of the games successfully?
Yes, but I fixed the issue. I realized I didn't refresh the game list, so that's why it was all messed up.
but I still can't backup the save data for the game. do you know if it's possible to back up Fantasy Life save data?
EDIT: I could back it up, it was just under extra data and not save data. thanks for your help, though.

Last edited by achyoav,
Reactions: Quantumcat

mnmscandi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Trying to install CFW on my Japanese 11.5 o3ds. I'm at the point where I've injected the .app and have copied the save data folder (since I had the save data folder inside of the first save data folder), on the source ds (same region as the target, so this is not the issue). When I launch the DSiware, I do not get the error about the nds.boot. I do not get a black screen. The game does not load. I just get a white screen. It's like it's frozen or something. Any help or thoughts?

Last edited by mnmscandi,

poulette73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes you are right, I'm sorry that I didn't read your post well enough to realise that you wanted to go cia -> Sky3DS and assumed it was the other way. It will probably work. If you have issues I don't think I can help but others will be able to.

No problem Quantumcat, and thank's very much for help and avaibility. :)
I'll make a feedback to conclude about the result.

Back again.

Finally the operation is extremely simple to convert backups of CIA games to .3DS games (with the SKY3DS+) !

1) Launch JK SaveManager program, whether it’s the built into the Homebrew Channel in .3DSX version, or the standalone .CIA version : the result is same thing.

2) For each selected .CIA game : export the backup.
- Choose SD / CIA.
- Select the game.
- Select Save Data Options.
- Select Export Save.
- Choose a name.
- Then validate with A button.

Repeat the operations for each of them.

3) Now leave all, and select the game that will receive the import on the SKY3DS+ (first of course you have copied a .3DS version of the same game on the SKY3DS+ micro SD card)

4) Launch again JK SaveManager.

5) Select Cartridge.
- Select Save Data Options.
- Select Browse SD for Data.
- Select the directory where you put the save before, located in /JKSV/Saves/<Name of the Game>/
- Validate with Y button.
- Select Import Save.
- Choose the name (that you had chosen to type before).
- Then validate with A button.

Repeat the operations for each of them. Don't forget to leave, and change the cartridge game with orange button.

And it's magic : you have recovered and converted all your CIA backups to your new version in 3DS format !
Tested with 4 different games, everything works!

Now I can erase the games in CIA versions installed in the internal memory of the NEW 3DS XL, and recover a lot of storage space.

I have not tested but I assume that reverse conversion is done in the same way (.3DS savegame => CIA savegame)

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0004001000021300 is the title ID for (U) consoles
0004001000022300 is the title ID for (E) consoles
I'm looking for the title ID but I can't find it. Is this it: (0004001000021F00) ? I'm on a (U) console.

Attachments

• IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing