• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

sjvferreira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, i had h9lh and my sd card seems to have corrupted itself, every game and hb disapeared. I had FBI injected and when I select Titles it gives me "Failed to populate title list". I made a backup of the corrupted sd data on the pc hoping at least to recover my savedata if that's possible. So, is there anyway to recover my savedata? Or, even better, anything i can try to recover everything?

Last edited by sjvferreira,

Rizzo0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly question but is there any easy way to go from A9lh-to-B9S just using FTP and not removing my SD card?

I would like to do the update now but I'm having a hell of a time trying to remove my back cover. The second screw is not turning at all for me. I'm trying to see if I have any other screwdrivers lying around but was curious if anyone had a workaround?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Silly question but is there any easy way to go from A9lh-to-B9S just using FTP and not removing my SD card?

I would like to do the update now but I'm having a hell of a time trying to remove my back cover. The second screw is not turning at all for me. I'm trying to see if I have any other screwdrivers lying around but was curious if anyone had a workaround?
Follow this, but do Section I through ftp: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guys, i had h9lh and my sd card seems to have corrupted itself, every game and hb disapeared. I had FBI injected and when I select Titles it gives me "Failed to populate title list". I made a backup of the corrupted sd data on the pc hoping at least to recover my savedata if that's possible. So, is there anyway to recover my savedata? Or, even better, anything i can try to recover everything?
Use a new SD card and try to export the games with JKSM. Hopefully that will work. If so, copy the JKSM folder somewhere safe. In future you should be backing up your save games once a week or so, depending how often you play.

buuhhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, i solved my problem it was the sd for some reason, just one question is there any problem with new cias like ever oasis if my system isn't updated? (11.0.0-33U)

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed A9LH for my brother a few months ago, before B9S was released. He was affected by the banwave, and he wants me to remove A9LH and unban him. I explained to him that to unban him, I would have to give him a new friendcodeseed_b, and to remove A9LH I would have to restore his old backup. Restoring his old backup, however, would keep his old friendcodeseed_b, so he can have one or the other. He's insisting and won't let up.

Anything I can do?

(P.S. If you think "my brother" is a euphemism for me, it's not. You'll have to take my word for it.)

D

Deleted User

I installed A9LH for my brother a few months ago, before B9S was released. He was affected by the banwave, and he wants me to remove A9LH and unban him. I explained to him that to unban him, I would have to give him a new friendcodeseed_b, and to remove A9LH I would have to restore his old backup. Restoring his old backup, however, would keep his old friendcodeseed_b, so he can have one or the other. He's insisting and won't let up.

Anything I can do?

(P.S. If you think "my brother" is a euphemism for me, it's not. You'll have to take my word for it.)
Just inject the clean lfcsb and upgrade to b9s.Removing the entery point for the cfw will still get the 3ds banned anyway if you previously had it.However thats if nintendo decides to make a new banwave,and they may already have records of your 3ds device using homebrew applications on the home menu.So uninstalling cfw is pointless if you where already banned.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Anything I can do?

Update to b9s. That removes A9LH ;-) Then unban, disable spotpass, sending system info to Nintendo and showing title you're playing to your friends.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ha ha.

He wants to get rid of CFW entirely.
Well, the fact that he already got hit by a ban before means that if any friendseed ya find gets hit again. then, if you plan to unban him again since he insists on removing cfw altogether. Is simply gonna screw him from being able to be unbanned.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ha ha.

He wants to get rid of CFW entirely.
Try and explain to him it is like getting arrested for having locksmith tools then throwing them away once you reach jail. This is silly because you are already in jail so why get rid of them, especially since you can use them to escape.

Reactions: ghostpotato

tears

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what in the world might've happened, but for some reason I'm getting an error whenever I try to link my NNID on my device. I previously used the method on the guide site for removing an NNID without formatting and then linked a new NNID, but then eventually decided to format anyways for a different reason. I attempted to link my old NNID again, but it gave me an error saying that the information I entered was incorrect, despite me having entered everything correctly. I even tried to reset my password, but the Nintendo website is acting like my old NNID doesn't even exist, telling me that the NNID or email is incorrect when I try to reset my password and that no NNID was found matching my email when I try to do ID retrieval.

I've been searching for hours now for some kind of fix for this with no luck. This is really frustrating me, and I would really just like to be able to delete my old NNID and be done with it, so I would really appreciate any kind of help with this!

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I haven't been around for a while (I'm still on 4.5 using the DS profile exploit), and the last thing from the hacking scene I remember is loading custom save files into an OoT cartridge for CFW, and manual dumping of XORPADS with rxTools and using that python tool that took 3 hours and a supercomputer to convert a .3DS to a .CIA
I decided to update from my ancient gateway setup to a newer CFW , and visited 3ds.guide to see what's up. But instead of, what I was expecting, a noob guide (don't get me wrong, the guide is
BRILLIANT, and hats off to the writer), what I actually find is a million questions popping up in my head.
So, what I want to ask (and I don't want to bother you all, I know you may despise me for even bothering to write this, just a simple link to a thread will suffice)

1. What is arm9loader and arm9loaderhax? Are they exploits?
  2. What is arm9loader payload?
  3. What is boot9strap? Is it another exploit?
  4. What happened to emuNAND? Don't we need to do that anymore?
  5. Should I even bother with soundhax? From my understanding, it seems to be an exploit for people who do not have browser/MSET exploit and it uses the 3DS built-in music player.
Honestly we need a huge stickied thread with a glossary of all terms.

Last edited by MrJason005,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have no idea what in the world might've happened, but for some reason I'm getting an error whenever I try to link my NNID on my device. I previously used the method on the guide site for removing an NNID without formatting and then linked a new NNID, but then eventually decided to format anyways for a different reason. I attempted to link my old NNID again, but it gave me an error saying that the information I entered was incorrect, despite me having entered everything correctly. I even tried to reset my password, but the Nintendo website is acting like my old NNID doesn't even exist, telling me that the NNID or email is incorrect when I try to reset my password and that no NNID was found matching my email when I try to do ID retrieval.

I've been searching for hours now for some kind of fix for this with no luck. This is really frustrating me, and I would really just like to be able to delete my old NNID and be done with it, so I would really appreciate any kind of help with this!
Did you delete the NNID? That would be permanent. But it usually gives you a lot of warnings beforehand so it would be hard to do it accidentally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I haven't been around for a while (I'm still on 4.5 using the DS profile exploit), and the last thing from the hacking scene I remember is loading custom save files into an OoT cartridge for CFW, and manual dumping of XORPADS with rxTools and using that python tool that took 3 hours and a supercomputer to convert a .3DS to a .CIA
I decided to update from my ancient gateway setup to a newer CFW , and visited 3ds.guide to see what's up. But instead of, what I was expecting, a noob guide, what I actually find is a million questions popping up in my head.
So, what I want to ask (and I don't want to bother you all, I know you may despise me for even bothering to write this, just a simple link to a thread will suffice)

5. Should I even bother with soundhax? From my understanding, it seems to be an exploit for people who do not have browser/MSET exploit and it uses the 3DS built-in music player.
1. A9LH is an entrypoint that occurs on boot up, allowing access to the CFW. So is B9S. A9LH is now superceded by B9S.
2. That's probably referring to arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your card. But a9lh is outdated, you want boot.firm which is required by b9s now.
3. Yes, see above
4. We used to need emuNAND because exploits only worked on older firmwares, so we needed emuNAND to play newer games and keep sysNAND on a lower version to be able to access emuNAND. But now exploits work in the latest firmware so we don't need emuNAND anymore.
5. You need SoundHax if you are on a compatible firmware for it, to get into homebrew for the first time to be able to install b9s. Once you have b9s you don't need it anymore.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I decided to update from my ancient gateway setup to a newer CFW , and visited 3ds.guide to see what's up. But instead of, what I was expecting, a noob guide, what I actually find is a million questions popping up in my head.

arm9loaderhax is an old exploit that got basically replaced by boot9strap a few months ago.

arm9 payloads are well, payloads that run before the console boots to home menu. They are used for example to take and restore nand backups, dump game cartridges and manage system files.
Cfws are also arm9 payloads.

Boot9strap is a bootrom exploit that makes the console load boot.firm from sd card or the console ctrnand (internal memory) on boot. That boot.firm usually contains the cfw you're running.

Emunand is no longer needed because boot9strap (and a9lh) can patch the sysnand on boot.

If you're on 4.5 you can't use soundhax. In the getting started section of the guide select the exploit for your system version.

Edit. @Quantumcat was able to explain a lot better

Last edited by Uumas,

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
arm9loaderhax is an old exploit that got basically replaced by boot9strap a few months ago

Boot9strap is a bootrom exploit that makes the console load boot.firm from sd card or the console ctrnand (internal memory) on boot. That boot.firm usually contains the cfw you're running.

1. A9LH is an entrypoint that occurs on boot up, allowing access to the CFW. So is B9S. A9LH is now superceded by B9S.
2. That's probably referring to arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your card. But a9lh is outdated, you want boot.firm which is required by b9s now.

Are these two exploits basically a deeper part of the chain-exploits that are used, for example, browser/ds-exploit-->a9l/b9s-->arm9 takeover-->patch signature checks etc?

Last edited by MrJason005,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
This is more of an question asking for opinions, rather than seeking help:
I've been around the hacking scenes for many years, but since the 3DS hacking scene began to grow, I've been skeptical if I should hack my 3DS or support emulation(like Citra).
My 3DS is on version 11.5.0-38E right now(latest update), and I'm also using the latest bleeding edge builds of Citra, testing games on them and reporting any new issues.
But personally, I'm starting to lose patience, and I can't afford games which I wanted to play for a long time because I'm unemployed.
So from this point at the hacking scene, what do you think would be better: Hacking the 3DS and installing CFW, or keep waiting for more major progress over the Citra emulator?
And yeah, I realized I could do both, but first I want to read your opinions.

Last edited by RedoLane,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes you did originally say grilled