• Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
https://scmods.com/gw_guide/GWFB-1.0.pdf this is the link, thanks for your reply, and yes, its the fast boot
1. Download the Gateway 4.2 Beta Zip and the Time Machine Pack for your 3ds (old or new, Region Specific) from
http://www.gateway-3ds.com/private-beta-program/

2. Copy the TimeMachine Pack and the contents of the “Console SD” folder on to root of your consoles SD card and contents of the “Red Card uSD” folder on to root of your GW Red Card uSD

3. Load Gateway Menu Holding "L + Select" during Boot

4. go to Gateway Mode the hold "B" while pressing A to boot into SysNAND Gateway mode

5. Push Select to bring up the GW OSD and load Timemachine

6. go to update to v10 and let it finish

7. When it finishs the GW A9LH will be gone and your on System 10.3.0-28

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
1. Download the Gateway 4.2 Beta Zip and the Time Machine Pack for your 3ds (old or new, Region Specific) from
http://www.gateway-3ds.com/private-beta-program/

2. Copy the TimeMachine Pack and the contents of the “Console SD” folder on to root of your consoles SD card and contents of the “Red Card uSD” folder on to root of your GW Red Card uSD

3. Load Gateway Menu Holding "L + Select" during Boot

4. go to Gateway Mode the hold "B" while pressing A to boot into SysNAND Gateway mode

5. Push Select to bring up the GW OSD and load Timemachine

6. go to update to v10 and let it finish

7. When it finishs the GW A9LH will be gone and your on System 10.3.0-28
8. Follow https://3ds.guide

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried searching this amongst the threads and came up with nothing. Don't know if this is a noob question.

So I have a SKY3DS+, got the new firmware and pokemon sun/moon work great! I have a private header successfully inserted into the games. When I go through the 30 mins of exposition and dialogue in Pokemon Moon, I am finally able to enter the "Festival Plaza" to connect to the trading system... That's when it says such features are not available on my game cart, please visit Nintendo, et al.

Not sure what to do here. The header was inserted properly (I actually had to delete the game data, make sure of this and go through another 30 mins of inescapable dialogue). Was the ROM created to block this feature for safety from ourselves or does Nintendo know I'm using a ROM? If they did, why am I not banned? If I KNEW what was wrong, I'd be willing to start over and go through the 30 mins a fourth time if it meant fixing the trading system! Please help!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried searching this amongst the threads and came up with nothing. Don't know if this is a noob question.

So I have a SKY3DS+, got the new firmware and pokemon sun/moon work great! I have a private header successfully inserted into the games. When I go through the 30 mins of exposition and dialogue in Pokemon Moon, I am finally able to enter the "Festival Plaza" to connect to the trading system... That's when it says such features are not available on my game cart, please visit Nintendo, et al.

Not sure what to do here. The header was inserted properly (I actually had to delete the game data, make sure of this and go through another 30 mins of inescapable dialogue). Was the ROM created to block this feature for safety from ourselves or does Nintendo know I'm using a ROM? If they did, why am I not banned? If I KNEW what was wrong, I'd be willing to start over and go through the 30 mins a fourth time if it meant fixing the trading system! Please help!
How did you acquire this private header? Did you dump it yourself? Did you buy it? Or did you just google for one?

LH1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been away for too long and I would like to ask for some help here. I used the old Plailect's guide back in the 10.7.0-32U days and installed A9LH. I believe my N3DS is running on rednand but I am not 100% sure. When I open up system settings I see "Ver. 10.7.0-32U" and when I turn on the N3DS without SD card inserted it will just boot to a black screen. Am I on rednand, sysnand, or emunand?

Second question, when 11.0 was first released my N3DS downloaded the update in the background but I cancelled the installation. So now sometimes when I power on the N3DS I would get the update nag. How do I fix this? I assume the problem would be fixed if I update to 11.3 but I have no idea how to do it. The old Plailect's guide is gone and the new one isn't very clear on how to go from 10.7.0-32U to 11.3. I looked up on Youtube and see some guides that shows how to update from 11.2 from 11.3 and it says I should boot into decrypt9 and back up nand before I do anything. I followed the instructions in the video by holding start button and power on but it doesn't take me to the decrypt9 menu. I just boots to the 3DS menu.

I followed old Plailect's guide step by step and I have these files backed up on my computer:
emuNAND_formatted.bin
emuNAND_orginal.bin
otp.bin
sysNAND.bin
sysNAND_original.bin
sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin

All these files were created when I first installed A9LH using the old Plailect's guide. Should I just go ahead and update Luma and the 11.3 firmware from system menu or should I try to access decrypt9 and make another nand backup?

My Lumna payload folder only shows 3 files: def_Dec9.bin, x_Uncart.bin, y_EmuN9.bin.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LH1980,

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you acquire this private header? Did you dump it yourself? Did you buy it? Or did you just google for one?

I have a friend. I paid him to buy some soccer game (cheapest one he could find), gave me the header and then destroyed the cart. I've used online features of other games with no trouble. I always have my wifi on. This is the only one being a pain.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I have been away for too long and I would like to ask for some help here. I used the old Plailect's guide back in the 10.7.0-32U days and installed A9LH. I believe my N3DS is running on rednand but I am not 100% sure. When I open up system settings I see "Ver. 10.7.0-32U" and when I turn on the N3DS without SD card inserted it will just boot to a black screen. Am I on rednand, sysnand, or emunand?

Second question, when 11.0 was first released my N3DS downloaded the update in the background but I cancelled the installation. So now sometimes when I power on the N3DS I would get the update nag. How do I fix this? I assume the problem would be fixed if I update to 11.3 but I have no idea how to do it. The old Plailect's guide is gone and the new one isn't very clear on how to go from 10.7.0-32U to 11.3. I looked up on Youtube and see some guides that shows how to update from 11.2 from 11.3 and it says I should boot into decrypt9 and back up nand before I do anything. I followed the instructions in the video by holding start button and power on but it doesn't take me to the decrypt9 menu. I just boots to the 3DS menu.

I followed old Plailect's guide step by step and I have these files backed up on my computer:
emuNAND_formatted.bin
emuNAND_orginal.bin
otp.bin
sysNAND.bin
sysNAND_original.bin
sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin

All these files were created when I first installed A9LH using the old Plailect's guide. Should I just go ahead and update Luma and the 11.3 firmware from system menu or should I try to access decrypt9 and make another nand backup?

My Lumna payload folder only shows 3 files: def_Dec9.bin, x_Uncart.bin, y_EmuN9.bin.

Thanks in advance!
If you get luma configuration while holding select on boot, you have A9LH.
If not, you probably have menuhax and should follow the new guide

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this may sound a very trivia question nowadays! I'm really not sure myself but do you still need to block updates in your DNS settings with the 3DSXL/N3DSXL even if you have A9LH and use Luma Updater set up as CFW?

Last edited by Reecey,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I know this may sound a very trivia question nowadays, I'm really not sure tbh but do you still need to block updates in your DNS settings with the N3DSXL even if you have A9LH and use Luma Updater set up as CFW?
No. 3ds would ask if you want to update anyway.

Reactions: Reecey

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know this may sound a very trivia question nowadays, I'm really not sure tbh but do you still need to block updates in your DNS settings with the N3DSXL even if you have A9LH/Luma set up as CFW?
Only if you are so paranoid to think that Nintendo will release an update that bricks your 3DS and kills your family.
Other than that, it's not needed

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Only if you are so paranoid to think that Nintendo will release an update that bricks your 3DS and kill your family.
Other than that, it's not needed
Thanks, the reason I asked this question is because I just booted my N3DSXL up and it downloaded a demo to my main menu while it has been shut down so I presumed it would do the same with an incoming update I wanted to make sure.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, the reason I asked this question is because I just booted my N3DSXL up and it downloaded a demo to my main menu while it has been shut down so I presumed it would do the same with an incoming update I wanted to make sure.
Well the 3DS downloads system updates in background, but it still ask you confirmation.
But as said before, with A9LH/Luma setup you are good to update always, unless Nintendo drop some particular updates that requires a fix (like 11.3, it killed RxTools because this CFW is no longer in development), but if it will happens, I'm sure Aurora will fix it

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the 3DS downloads system updates in background, but it still ask you confirmation.
But as said before, with A9LH/Luma setup you are good to update always, unless Nintendo drop some particular updates that requires a fix (like 11.3, it killed RxTools because this CFW is no longer in development), but if it will happens, I'm sure Aurora will fix it
Thanks. I have always checked and updated the system myself in the past so I suppose thinking about that now it must have to ask before going ahead and updating automatically, it makes sense. It was the demo icon that just got download to the main menu that got me worried a little bit I thought I best ask the question just in case.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: W4T4R1

ModelZer0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of it for awhile and went to try and install luma and whatnot.
On O3DS 11.0.0.33U, initially used basehaxx to get to HBL.

Went on 3ds.guides, installed soundhax, and with the method I was given to follow, it said to install fasthax followed by safehax. Fasthax went fine, but when I went to install safehax, I was given "failed to read the arm9 payload".

I saw someone with a similar issue, however they were on N3DS rather than O3DS, and mentioned Decrypt9 (?) which hasn't been mentioned in the guide I'm following. Anyone know how to fix this?

Disregard

Last edited by ModelZer0,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Been out of it for awhile and went to try and install luma and whatnot.
On O3DS 11.0.0.33U, initially used basehaxx to get to HBL.

Went on 3ds.guides, installed soundhax, and with the method I was given to follow, it said to install fasthax followed by safehax. Fasthax went fine, but when I went to install safehax, I was given "failed to read the arm9 payload".

I saw someone with a similar issue, however they were on N3DS rather than O3DS, and mentioned Decrypt9 (?) which hasn't been mentioned in the guide I'm following. Anyone know how to fix this?

Disregard
Do you have safehaxpayload.bin in the root of your sdcard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    fun fact
  • light27 @ light27:
    the first time i ever played on a wii u EVER was when I was getting my ear tubes removed
  • light27 @ light27:
    i was playing wii party
  • light27 @ light27:
    u*
  • light27 @ light27:
    but i only got to play for like
  • light27 @ light27:
    3 seconds
  • light27 @ light27:
    younger me would've never thought that I would have a wii u now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1...