• Likes 43

larryslarry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey folks.

uk noob here.

I just bought a 2ds. Brand new out of the box today and its loaded with firmware ver 11.1.0-34E

its wanting me to update straight away but im hanging fire on that.

what options do i have in regards for playing roms??

i dallied with ace3ds and r4 sdhc dual core on previous ds's that i had but ive been out of the game a while now.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hey folks.

uk noob here.

I just bought a 2ds. Brand new out of the box today and its loaded with firmware ver 11.1.0-34E

i dallied with ace3ds and r4 sdhc dual core on previous ds's that i had but ive been out of the game a while now.

thanks
Follow https://3ds.guide to install cfw

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey folks.

uk noob here.

thanks
Follow https://3ds.guide to install cfw
cfw (custom firmware) will allow you to install .cia (citra install-able app) formatted files
.cia files can be many things from homebrew to roms to firmware

Reactions: larryslarry

AlexGZA

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: If Hourglass 9 is already installed, how can I install Decrypt 9?
Need some features that Hourglass 9 doesn't have.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: If Hourglass 9 is already installed, how can I install Decrypt 9?
Need some features that Hourglass 9 doesn't have.
If you have a9lh, download Decrypt9WIP, move the .bin to your luma/payloads folder, then rename it to a different button than your Hourglass9, i.e. up_Decrypt9.bin. Then hold that button down when you boot the system to boot into D9.

Reactions: AlexGZA

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What are data_input and aeskeydb? I have understood that it's against gbatemp rules to share them, but not what they actually do.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Data_input is the data that gets written to your firm partitions and aeskeydb contains keys to decrypt 3DS stuff.
More exactly please[emoji1] What is the stuff in data_input? What do the keys decrypt? Data_input is user-made, right? But is aeskeydb dumped and if yes, what is the process of dumping it? Why are they "illegal"? Just (maybe a bit too much[emoji1] ) interested in how all of this works.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
More exactly please[emoji1] What is the stuff in data_input? What do the keys decrypt? Data_input is user-made, right? But is aeskeydb dumped and if yes, what is the process of dumping it? Why are they "illegal"? Just (maybe a bit too much[emoji1] ) interested in how all of this works.
Read http://3dbrew.org.

Reactions: Uumas

thikomorais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! I've got a New 3ds XL in the last days (still coming on the mail), and i have a old 3ds with cfw. I would like to transfer my data from the old 3ds with cfw to my new 3ds without cfw, but i don't know what to do.
The most logical for that would be to put cfw on the new 3ds, and then try to transfer the data by the system transfer on the nintendo 3ds (i did had backups of my games, but shit happens), and i think this is going to do shit... So, yeah, that is my problem, i would like some help, please.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey! I've got a New 3ds XL in the last days (still coming on the mail), and i have a old 3ds with cfw. I would like to transfer my data from the old 3ds with cfw to my new 3ds without cfw, but i don't know what to do.
The most logical for that would be to put cfw on the new 3ds, and then try to transfer the data by the system transfer on the nintendo 3ds (i did had backups of my games, but shit happens), and i think this is going to do shit... So, yeah, that is my problem, i would like some help, please.
Yep, just hack the New 3DS then do a system transfer. The legit stuff will appear but the pirated stuff won't. To make it come back, use TikShop to install all tickets for your region (the data for the games move but not the tickets). This will work for any game available on freeShop. For anything else (eg custom VC injects and homebrew) you'll need to install it again.

Reactions: thikomorais

thikomorais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, just hack the New 3DS then do a system transfer. The legit stuff will appear but the pirated stuff won't. To make it come back, use TikShop to install all tickets for your region (the data for the games move but not the tickets). This will work for any game available on freeShop. For anything else (eg custom VC injects and homebrew) you'll need to install it again.
Thank you! I was really worried about doing it and losing all my games. I'ts not a lot, but i have a really crap internet to download all again.

Reactions: Quantumcat

SubstaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, I just have a short question? In the 3ds.guide in the final steps there is a point where I dont know where to do it. It's this one:

Section IX - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Navigate to SDCARD
  2. Press (Y) on arm9loaderhax.bin to copy it
  3. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  4. Navigate to SYSNAND CTRNAND
  5. Press (Y) to paste arm9loaderhax.bin
  6. Select “Copy path(s)”
Where do I have to navigate to SD Card?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey guys, I just have a short question? In the 3ds.guide in the final steps there is a point where I dont know where to do it. It's this one:

1. Navigate to SDCARD
  6. Select “Copy path(s)”
in FBI

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

1. Navigate to SDCARD
  6. Select “Copy path(s)”
In FBI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)