• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Everything was working perfect. Now when I boot up it takes me directly to Luma3ds. When I press start to continue on it takes me to another screen saying 'An error has occurred: Error writing the configuration file, press any button to shutdown.
is your sd write protected?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Everything was working perfect. Now when I boot up it takes me directly to Luma3ds. When I press start to continue on it takes me to another screen saying 'An error has occurred: Error writing the configuration file, press any button to shutdown.
Is the small switch on the side of the sd on lock mode?

Albagubrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its a micro sd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm going to have to start from scratch now anyway. Arsehole here just went and accidentally wiped the SD card.

Albagubrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have formatted my 3DS but I've noticed that it still brings up the luma3ds at the beginning. If I go through the process from the beginning again will it effect it badly?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help. I managed to follow the tutorial all the way through.

What do I do now with getting 3DS games on it? I can download .3ds files, do these need to be converted to cia files and if so how do I do that?

Thanks again.
you download .cia files and install via fbi
you can dump/download .3ds and then convert to .cia but thats time consuming
you should install freeshop https://freeshop.pw/

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know which one belonged to the emuNAND?
In the past, the emuNAND folder was almost always the bigger folder in terms of GB (you can look that up if you go to the folder's properties). It depends on what you have installed on that emuNAND and what you have installed on your sysNAND. What you could do is move one of the folders out of your Nintendo 3DS folder and boot into your emuNAND. If it creates new Home Menu data or says that it's creating new data on your SD card when you see the Home Menu, then you'll know that the folder that you removed belonged to your emuNAND. Then you'll also want to delete the folder it just made too. If it doesn't work with one folder, move that folder back and then move another folder off of your card.

ninty_g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so right now I have menuhax and rxtools and I'm planning on changing to a9lh. I found a good tutorial that will help me migrate everything I have now to it...so everything seems simple enough. My question is this, currently I have two sd cards, the one that came with my 3ds that has some games on it from before I hacked my 3DS, and the one I use for my menuhax-emunand hack. I´ve always just switched SD cards when I want to play those games on my old SD card, will I still be able to do that on a9lh? Or will it only work with SD card I use to hack it?

Albagubrath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to thank everyone for all the help they have given me. Everything is now all up and running.

I do have one last question though :lol:, what is the highest micro sd card you can use in a new 3ds xl and can you use an micro sd xc? Can I use a 128gb? I just want to maximize how many games I can get on it.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Albagubrath,

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew that will patch in a SNES rom and then play it with the N3DS emulator?
Is there anything stopping us from doing that if that doesn't exist?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any homebrew that will patch in a SNES rom and then play it with the N3DS emulator?
Is there anything stopping us from doing that if that doesn't exist?
No. There are emulators you can use from homebrew though. Eg BlargSNES. Yes there is something stopping you, you can't run Nintendo's SNES emulator on an old 3DS....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat