• Views 4,471,137
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

shoryuXE10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i need help with nitrostream.. i can get ntrviewer to connect to my 3ds (screen flashes colors when i click connect), but the video output is just a small box of random colored pixels. all settings default, tested with "quality of service value" 15 and 101, same outcome. there are obvious changes to the box of pixels whenever the screen gets much darker/lighter, but no real improvements.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5zWOZ9VAAAE1QL.jpg

edit:
more details, in case they're of any relevance.
n3ds xl, u.s., version 11.3, running ntr v3.4 from nanquitas's bootntr v2.7.3 (i had installed 2.5, then after running it said it was updating to 2.7.3), debugger always seems to be enabled after booting ntr. i've also tried connecting with and without a title running.

moar edit:
i've got streaming working with kit-kat (ctr-v). still confused why nitrostream wouldn't work though.

Last edited by shoryuXE10,

MagmaLeader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure Luma is 6.6. Update through system settings. If using Homebrew Launcher, update homebrew launcher loader.
Okay, how about my installed CIAs? Will they still work or do I need to update them as well? One of them is the Homebrew Lanucher.

ALEX12

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I followed the 3ds guide to a9hl my new 3ds ll. In the step 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, when transferring to 2.1.0 nand(auto CTRNAND ).

It came with a problem said (Failed, image corrurpt or modified! Auto CTRNAND Transfer: failed)
I use japan region ctr, I did move the 2.1.0.bin and .bin.sha to files9.

what's happening...
I stuck at this step for 5 hrs.....

thak u for ur help.

btw english is not my first language.If the article was something wrong.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, how about my installed CIAs? Will they still work or do I need to update them as well? One of them is the Homebrew Lanucher.

The only thing you ever need to update when updating the system is Luma - and update Luma before you update the system. 6.6 is the latest stable so if you have that you're good - you don't have to use the nightlies (though 11.3 has some issues that the nightlies have fixed, such as HBL not working if Clock+L2 is enabled on Luma).

You don't have to do anything to your CIA's. HBL is the only one that will not work, until you've installed the updated CIA. Plus remember that as long as you have a backup, you can always go back to 11.2 if you run into some trouble .. There's no risk of updating and worrying about whether CIA "X" or "Y" will work.

btw english is not my first language.If the article was something wrong.

Did you run h2testw on the SD Card like instructed on the guide? If you didn't, should do that. The SD card might be corrupted, or fake. You should also make sure the ctrtransfer .zip file isn't corrupted by forcing a re-check on it on your torrent client.

Last edited by Distrance,

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might've bricked my 2DS system.
I had started installing hacks on it a while back (when EmuNAND was still the best option) but I didn't finish the process. I think I stopped after having downgraded it to 2.1.0 (since the top screen image was stretched).

I was unable to get to launch HBL in any way (browserhax, soundhax, oot3dhax) so I decided to update the system using a cart. I went for Majoras Mask (E) which should put it at 9.5.0E

After updating the system does boot to system menu, but it won't launch anything (Settings, sound player, browser). How bad did I mess up? Any way to recover from this at all? ='(

So I'm in the same boat as you. Downgraded to 2.1.0, but I didn't realize that the NAND didn't backup properly because my SD card was too small.. I attempted to update the system with Pokemon AS (U) which I think is 7.2.0U, but now I can't open anything. I tried to update through recovery mode but it keeps telling me "Unable to Update" regardless what wifi network I'm connected to.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-access-the-system-settings.405791/page-2#post-5865733
This guy here basically had the same problems over a year ago and somehow fixed it by turning off his wifi or something, but I haven't been able to replicate what he's done in any way to open the System Settings.

Is there anything I can do or am I just screwed?...

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I'm in the same boat as you. Downgraded to 2.1.0, but I didn't realize that the NAND didn't backup properly because my SD card was too small.. I attempted to update the system with Pokemon AS (U) which I think is 7.2.0U, but now I can't open anything. I tried to update through recovery mode but it keeps telling me "Unable to Update" regardless what wifi network I'm connected to.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-access-the-system-settings.405791/page-2#post-5865733
This guy here basically had the same problems over a year ago and somehow fixed it by turning off his wifi or something, but I haven't been able to replicate what he's done in any way to open the System Settings.

Is there anything I can do or am I just screwed?...

So why is it that you came to GBATemp after you got screwed, not when you first ran into problems. When treading in unknown territory why did you think straying from the guide would be okay and would have no repercussions?

Hate to break it to you but when you were on 2.1 you were supposed to perform 9.2 CTR Transfer, which is explained in the guide in cases where you don't have NAND backup. By updating with a cart you've seemingly ended up with a partial upgrade, and if you cannot open anything then there is nothing you can do. And without NAND backup, it is impossible to fix even if you had it hardmodded.

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why is it that you came to GBATemp after you got screwed, not when you first ran into problems. When treading in unknown territory why did you think straying from the guide would be okay and would have no repercussions?

Hate to break it to you but when you were on 2.1 you were supposed to perform 9.2 CTR Transfer, which is explained in the guide in cases where you don't have NAND backup. By updating with a cart you've seemingly ended up with a partial upgrade, and if you cannot open anything then there is nothing you can do. And without NAND backup, it is impossible to fix even if you had it hardmodded.

Yeah I'm an idiot.. I did look around GBATemp before doing anything and saw a comment mentioning it was possible to update the system with a cart, so I didn't expect this to happen. In regard to the "An error has occurred. Unable to Update" thing, is that common and really not fixable? Or would that have to do with the networks I'm connected to?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah I'm an idiot.. I did look around GBATemp before doing anything and saw a comment mentioning it was possible to update the system with a cart, so I didn't expect this to happen. In regard to the "An error has occurred. Unable to Update" thing, is that common and really not fixable? Or would that have to do with the networks I'm connected to?

I mean the only time I've read about people being able to bypass that error is when people tried connecting to a different network/router. If you can't do it even after connecting to a hotspot created by your phone then it is likely that the update is failing because your previous update was partial. It's kinda hard to tell since the Nintendo's error message doesn't explain anything at all.

It's possible to do a system update with a cart but I've never read anyone do it successfully from 2.1 so I'm not sure if it can even be done. If your console is N3DS then it definitely can't and shouldn't be done.

@gamesquest1 @vb_encryption_vb any idea if w/o NAND backup anything can be done with a hardmod?

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the only time I've read about people being able to bypass that error is when people tried connecting to a different network/router. If you can't do it even after connecting to a hotspot created by your phone then it is likely that the update is failing because your previous update was partial. It's kinda hard to tell since the Nintendo's error message doesn't explain anything at all.

It's possible to do a system update with a cart but I've never read anyone do it successfully from 2.1 so I'm not sure if it can even be done. If your console is N3DS then it definitely can't and shouldn't be done.

@gamesquest1 @vb_encryption_vb any idea if w/o NAND backup anything can be done with a hardmod?

It's O3DS, but even if it would work updating from a cart, I can't even open the cart to do so. And I'll have to try a friend's hotspot tomorrow then (my carrier doesn't let me). If not, then I understand there's probably nothing I can do :/

Is there any good place to get cheap used 3DS's lol

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Maybe something magical can be done when/if sighax is released, but I wouldn't hold your breath. As far as getting an used 3DS goes - idk, but you can buy a new motherboard from ebay for like $50. If you replace it with your current one - bam, you have a "new" console.

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe something magical can be done when/if sighax is released, but I wouldn't hold your breath. As far as getting an used 3DS goes - idk, but you can buy a new motherboard from ebay for like $50. If you replace it with your current one - bam, you have a "new" console.

I'll probably end up doing that, but hopefully I don't f*ck up anything lol. Thanks anyways! Next time (if there is one) I'll make sure to do things right!

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably end up doing that, but hopefully I don't f*ck up anything lol. Thanks anyways! Next time (if there is one) I'll make sure to do things right!
Does holding select while starting your 3ds pull up the Luma config menu? If it does, could he retry a ctrtransfer maybe with Decrypt9? I don't know much about messed up firmwares, but it might be worth a try.

You might get a bigger SD card beforehand, though.

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does holding select while starting your 3ds pull up the Luma config menu? If it does, could he retry a ctrtransfer maybe with Decrypt9? I don't know much about messed up firmwares, but it might be worth a try.

You might get a bigger SD card beforehand, though.

Yeah, I'm able to open Luma. I was also able to open Hourglass9 too with holding Start, but it goes straight to the Home menu now for some reason.

Edit: Jk Hourglass9 works too

Last edited by andrewism,

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm able to open Luma. I was also able to open Hourglass9 too with holding Start, but it goes straight to the Home menu now for some reason.
Alright, that should mean you have a functional a9lh installation. That's a bit more to work with. sure, your firmware is shot, but we might be able to replace it....

You might be able to do this... https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

Before that, get a bigger SD card.
Make sure it's formatted FAT32 with 32K clusters using guiformat. http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm Copy the contents of your old SD card onto it. Follow the rest of the guide with the new SD card afterwards.

If the 9.2 ctrtransfer works, go ahead and return to section V of: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

In the future, make sure to read things carefully, and don't go doing random things on your own when panicked. It's much better to take half an hour longer than end up with a bricked system.

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, that should mean you have a functional a9lh installation. That's a bit more to work with. sure, your firmware is shot, but we might be able to replace it....

You might be able to do this... https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

Before that, get a bigger SD card.
Make sure it's formatted FAT32 with 32K clusters using guiformat. http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm Copy the contents of your old SD card onto it. Follow the rest of the guide with the new SD card afterwards.

If the 9.2 ctrtransfer works, go ahead and return to section V of: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

In the future, make sure to read things carefully, and don't go doing random things on your own when panicked. It's much better to take half an hour longer than end up with a bricked system.

Actually, I don't think I'd be able to do that either because I'm not able to open system settings to update the 3ds.. :/ The closest I've gotten to accessing any settings was being able to edit connection settings in recovery mode.

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I don't think I'd be able to do that either because I'm not able to open system settings to update the 3ds.. :/ The closest I've gotten to accessing any settings was being able to edit connection settings in recovery mode.
-_- Did you even read what the ctrtransfer does? It doesn't boot your firmware; it runs arm9 payloads before the firmware even loads.

Here's what normal 3dses without CFW do: boot>regular firmware
3DS with a9lh+Luma+payload chainloaded: boot>a9lh intercepts>SD:\arm9loaderhax.bin (Luma)>SD:\luma\payloads\x_Decrypt9.bin (Luma detects when you hold x on boot, runs this)

Look, no System Settings involved there. It gives you a nice chance to fix what you borked in the regular firmware. If the ctrtransfer worked, when you are fully done with the guide, create a good NAND backup (make sure to make a copy or two and put them in a safe place). Save yourself from future mistakes or fluctuations in the universe. And again, read carefully, and don't do anything from panic/confusion; the guide had something in it for cases like yours before you went off and tried to cart update.

Last edited by GravitySuitCollector,

andrewism

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-_- Did you even read what the ctrtransfer does? It doesn't boot your firmware; it runs arm9 payloads before the firmware even loads.

Here's what normal 3dses without CFW do: boot>regular firmware
3DS with a9lh+Luma+payload chainloaded: boot>a9lh intercepts>SD:\arm9loaderhax.bin (Luma)>SD:\luma\payloads\x_Decrypt9.bin (Luma detects when you hold x on boot, runs this)

Look, no System Settings involved there. It gives you a nice chance to fix what you borked in the regular firmware. If the ctrtransfer worked, when you are fully done with the guide, create a good NAND backup (make sure to make a copy or two and put them in a safe place). Save yourself from future mistakes or fluctuations in the universe. And again, read carefully, and don't do anything from panic/confusion; the guide had something in it for cases like yours before you went off and tried to cart update.

I'm sorry I must be misunderstanding. I am able to run the payloads including Decrypt by holding x on boot. But Section III Step 10 in the guide requires me to open System Settings, no?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination