• Views 4,449,018
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way of doing this if I didn't have a nnid linked to the source system? I also performed a system transfer and fieldrunners didn't appear on my target n3ds...

Start at step 5 and see if the game is still on the source.

And the 64gb card I've got, eXFat or FAT32?

IDK why you quoted me, but you want FAT32.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the 64gb card I've got, eXFat or FAT32?
Same thing happened to me :/ "Data could not be copied"

Also, if you manage to sort something out by contacting nintendo be sure to mention it to me. Appreciate it :)

Yeah Nintendo couldn't help me.. I'm pretty sure this is only used if the hacked save file doesn't work. It doesn't transfer the actual DSiWare title like the member trying to help me seemed to imply.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah Nintendo couldn't help me.. I'm pretty sure this is only used if the hacked save file doesn't work. It doesn't transfer the actual DSiWare title like the member trying to help me seemed to imply.
I'm guessing it could work but the source system should be linked to an nnid during the process... As I didn't link any nnid to my source console, there was no way of redownloading the game on my target one. Oh well, something is bound to happen soon enough. Good luck to us I guess :D

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing it could work but the source system should be linked to an nnid during the process... As I didn't link any nnid to my source console, there was no way of redownloading the game on my target one. Oh well, something is bound to happen soon enough. Good luck to us I guess :D

I'm wondering if you can go with the Sudoku route:

https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade#section-ii---injecting-the-game-and-save

I know it isn't free ($1.99), and I feel like I'm going to have to buy it twice now that I've system transferred, but IDK what else to do..

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm wondering if you can go with the Sudoku route:

https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade#section-ii---injecting-the-game-and-save

I know it isn't free ($1.99), and I feel like I'm going to have to buy it twice now that I've system transferred, but IDK what else to do..
I think the sodoku route wont work in this case, but another try for a solution:

Insert your SD into a Computer and rename the "Nintendo 3DS" folder so something like "Nintendo 3DS.old", then try to copy the game to sd card again. if it works use the new "Nintendo 3DS" folder to transfer the DSiWare to the target. afterwards restore the original "Nintendo 3DS" folder. Dunno if this will work, but it's worth a try

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the sodoku route wont work in this case, but another try for a solution:

Insert your SD into a Computer and rename the "Nintendo 3DS" folder so something like "Nintendo 3DS.old", then try to copy the game to sd card again. if it works use the new "Nintendo 3DS" folder to transfer the DSiWare to the target. afterwards restore the original "Nintendo 3DS" folder. Dunno if this will work, but it's worth a try

Already tried this. I'm pretty sure this process is only transferring the save file, not the game. I keep getting "data could not be copied" because the game is not installed is what I'm guessing.

Why wouldn't the Sudoku method work? I'm going to have to buy it on the source and target, edit the save on the source, and then use this method I am using now to export the save to the SD on the source. Then I would import it into the NAND on the target after copying the Nintendo 3DS folder on the target SD card. Sure it's going to cost me $4, but I've been trying to get four swords to work for the last several hours. Not really worth my time.

Appreciate your willingness to help though.

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In short, I don't think this won't work without another system transfer from a "clean" nand because, I think the server won't permit buying the game twice on the same eShop Account (even without NNID), but I might be wrong.

Sudoku method does work. Just tried it. I bought it on both the now NNIDless O3DS (source) and the N3DS (target). I then used Godmode9 to inject the hax into the save. I swapped the SD into the N3DS and imported the save data. Launched Sudoku, and bam, hax works!

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sudoku method does work. Just tried it. I bought it on both the now NNIDless O3DS (source) and the N3DS (target). I then used Godmode9 to inject the hax into the save. I swapped the SD into the N3DS and imported the save data. Launched Sudoku, and bam, hax works!
oh, nice to hear it works, hopefully you want get as much softbricks as I, haha (5 in time of writing)

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
This is great news! I might just be impatient enough to spend 20 euro instead of waiting a week and spending 10 and doing the transfer again (Cause of the minimum add balance value..).
Also, SUDOKU is not listed in the EUR DSiWare titles, would any other do?

Would it maybe be possible if I downloaded the .cia version of a compatible title on the source system, modify the save file, place it on the sd card and transfer it over by sd card to the target system with the actual purchased version of the same title?

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news! I might just be impatient enough to spend 20 euro instead of waiting a week and spending 10 and doing the transfer again (Cause of the minimum add balance value..).
Also, SUDOKU is not listed in the EUR DSiWare titles, would any other do?

Would it maybe be possible if I downloaded the .cia version of a compatible title on the source system, modify the save file, place it on the sd card and transfer it over by sd card to the target system with the actual purchased version of the same title?

https://3ds.guide/dsiware-list

They are sorted by price.

Apparently Legends of Exidia is the only one I see with a DSiWare inject file however ATM for EU.

I'm not really sure about the second part. I don't know why the system transfer is even necessary then if I can legitimately purchase the title via ctr-httpwn on the target anyway. Maybe you can't inject the DSiWare file into a .cia. I kinda want to finish this process before I get too sure of myself even though the hax does load correctly, but it seems that purchasing the title on both systems works.

Last edited by fireguy85,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
https://3ds.guide/dsiware-list

They are sorted by price.

Apparently Legends of Exidia is the only one I see with a DSiWare inject file however ATM for EU.

I'm not really sure about the second part. I don't know why the system transfer is even necessary then if I can legitimately purchase the title via ctr-httpwn on the target anyway. Maybe you can't inject the DSiWare file into a .cia. I kinda want to finish this process before I get too sure of myself even though the hax does load correctly, but it seems that purchasing the title on both systems works.
You need the transfer to inject the save file. You can't do this on userland homebrew. Luckily for us DSiWare saves move to the target when system transferring.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to achieve that without system transfer, you will need one of these games Fieldrunners
+ Legends of Exidia
+ Guitar Rock Tour
+ The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
And the dwhax (waithax + dsiwarehax) released not much time ago

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
So if have N3DSXL with update ver. 11.2.0-35u... Not possible implement CFW? I am need second 3DS with CFW to do system transfer to implement CFW? Possibly wait or sell such N3DSXL...?

gregory2590

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the process of unbanning my 3ds with a second one. I have all the files needed, but I COMPLETELY forgot how to get decrypt9 running on my banned 3ds(11.2). It won't run in the homebrew launcher because I hear it won't run in emunand. How do I switch to sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch