• Replies 53,789
  • Likes 43

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I changed my hacking from cakescfw to plailect's guide's luma3ds, and I backed up my whole SD card, but unfortunately I did not save any of my emunand saves from the cakesCFW with any kind of save manager. Is it possible to retrieve them from the SD card backup?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Guys, I changed my hacking from cakescfw to plailect's guide's luma3ds, and I backed up my whole SD card, but unfortunately I did not save any of my emunand saves from the cakesCFW with any kind of save manager. Is it possible to retrieve them from the SD card backup?
unless you have Nand backup, no

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I did backup the nand before doing the whole thing. How do I do it?
you have two options 1)Flash your emunand backup into Sysnand and restore your sd card 2)Create emunand, load emunand backup in emunand.
After you do one of these, download JKSM and backup every save and extdata

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you have two options 1)Flash your emunand backup into Sysnand and restore your sd card 2)Create emunand, load emunand backup in emunand.
After you do one of these, download JKSM and backup every save and extdata

Is there a guide that I can follow for the second option?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Is there a guide that I can follow for the second option?
That being said, in order to make an emunand you want to download emunand9 and run it through a9lh as a luma payload. Copy the EmuNAND9.bin to /luma/payloads and then rename it to down_emunand9.bin, and hold down when booting.

Erythros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That being said, in order to make an emunand you want to download emunand9 and run it through a9lh as a luma payload. Copy the EmuNAND9.bin to /luma/payloads and then rename it to down_emunand9.bin, and hold down when booting.
I've already got hourglass9 set to boot when start is pressed, does that work?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This answer just creates new questions for me, while not answering my most important question :(

-Are steps 4-7 (transfering gateway-mode cia save to classic-mode original cartridge save) possible this way?
-don't i need a dump of my own cartridge to securely go online? would freeShop use my private key (or however it is called)
-Can't i use Gateway to dump games even though i can't start them with gateway?
-is freeShop even usabl without CFW (as i don't plan to install any)?
1. Using JKSM you can backup save files from any 3DS game in any format, and restore to any format. Installed games, cartridge games, etc. Gateway makes things difficult, there's extra steps you need to do. There is a guide for converting Gateway saves to cia, I don't know if you can do the reverse to do what you want to do (generally people upgrade from Gateway to free CFW, they don't go the other way :-p) Here it is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/
2. No. Only cartridges & flashcarts use headers, and it's public headers that get you banned. Cias are always safe online (unless you play a game that's not released, or cheat heavily)
3. You can if you wish. Gateway can only dump to .3ds, not .cia. There's no reason to use the Gateway menu unless you are silly enough to install Gateway's version of a9lh which prevents you using the good community tools.
4. No, can't be used on a stock system, you need CFW (by the way, Gateway IS a CFW, it's just one that requires you to pay money to use).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Follow the 'Move emuNAND' section and your emuNAND will be flashed over your sysNAND, getting back all your data.
http://3ds.guide/move-emunand

Shogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm considering buying a 3DS and install Luma3DS CFW. Does this guide install Luma or arm9loaderhax (are they the same thing perhaps)?

I would prefer to do this using the Homebrew Launcher (Browser) method but how do I ensure that a 3DS I buy has a browser? From what I have read I believe this means I need to have a 3DS running on version 10.7.0 or lower (needed to install CFW without a Hardmod or second 3DS) and also it should be followed by '-X' where X is greater than 0 e.g. 9.5.0-1 is this correct?

I have also read that if it runs on version 9.9.0 or above, and the browser is on -25 or lower, this will not suffice? If it was 9.9.0-26 is this OK?

If I buy a new 3DS online, for example, do these generally ship with a browser (or a browser greater than -25 for version 9.9.0 and above)? If not, my friend has one on 9.5.0-22e which I may buy and I think this will allow me to use the Homebrew Launcher (Browser) method?

Apologies if these questions seem basic but as I am new to this I want to buy a 3DS that will involve the least amount of effort to install CFW.

Heropon58

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am performing the DSiWare downgrade on my brother's N3ds using plailect's guide and am now at section VI- Restoring the SOurce 3DS. THe issue is that i am unable to SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh) as i get an error saying the NAND header is corrupt or from another 3DS. NAND header integrity check failed.

I am Using the NANDmin.bin file created before any steps of the guide were followed and feel stuck as to what to do with my SOurce 3DS

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm considering buying a 3DS and install Luma3DS CFW. Does this guide install Luma or arm9loaderhax (are they the same thing perhaps)?

I would prefer to do this using the Homebrew Launcher (Browser) method but how do I ensure that a 3DS I buy has a browser? From what I have read I believe this means I need to have a 3DS running on version 10.7.0 or lower (needed to install CFW without a Hardmod or second 3DS) and also it should be followed by '-X' where X is greater than 0 e.g. 9.5.0-1 is this correct?

I have also read that if it runs on version 9.9.0 or above, and the browser is on -25 or lower, this will not suffice? If it was 9.9.0-26 is this OK?

If I buy a new 3DS online, for example, do these generally ship with a browser (or a browser greater than -25 for version 9.9.0 and above)? If not, my friend has one on 9.5.0-22e which I may buy and I think this will allow me to use the Homebrew Launcher (Browser) method?

Apologies if these questions seem basic but as I am new to this I want to buy a 3DS that will involve the least amount of effort to install CFW.
Consoles will usually have a browser unless they started on 1.0.0-0 and their owner only used cartridges to update and not the internet. However, newer firmwares maybe be directed to use the no browser method because they can't use browserhax. If you choose a console on https://3ds.guide/get-started, the next page will tell you which firmware versions can use the browser method and which can't.

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am performing the DSiWare downgrade on my brother's N3ds using plailect's guide and am now at section VI- Restoring the SOurce 3DS. THe issue is that i am unable to SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh) as i get an error saying the NAND header is corrupt or from another 3DS. NAND header integrity check failed.

I am Using the NANDmin.bin file created before any steps of the guide were followed and feel stuck as to what to do with my SOurce 3DS
Are you sure you're using the nand.bin from the same 3DS? (In this case the source)

Have you already downgraded your brothers (target 3ds)?

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two N3DS systems. The first has A9HL and has both ban errors. The second is on 11.0, no A9HL.

If I unban the first, can I get on the eshop to purchase a DSi game without my NNID for future hacking on the new one? Or is OoThax still a valid entry point in my case?

I'm guessing I have to create a new NNID on the new system afterwards as my current one can't really be accessed. Maybe Nintendo can switch it, but my condolences is banned.. Anyone have thoughts?

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have two N3DS systems. The first has A9HL and has both ban errors. The second is on 11.0, no A9HL.

If I unban the first, can I get on the eshop to purchase a DSi game without my NNID for future hacking on the new one? Or is OoThax still a valid entry point in my case?

I'm guessing I have to create a new NNID on the new system afterwards as my current one can't really be accessed. Maybe Nintendo can switch it, but my condolences is banned.. Anyone have thoughts?
OoThax is still a valid entry point but you'll still need a DSiWare game to downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.