• Likes 43

evil_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

I have bought a N3DS recently that came with the FW 9.0.0-E20. I followed Plailects Guide step by step until the end and i have everything setup now..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-st...u-need-to-know-includes-otphelper-now.417606/

My question is: How do i start up .CIA files now? My own dumps for example? Do i just go into the FBI manager and install the 1.5gb+ files?

How do i get an emuNAND running, which i heard is safer than running your sysNAND. Is it recommend to do so? I am a bit lost :/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi!

I have bought a N3DS recently that came with the FW 9.0.0-E20. I followed Plailects Guide step by step until the end and i have everything setup now..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/full-st...u-need-to-know-includes-otphelper-now.417606/

My question is: How do i start up .CIA files now? My own dumps for example? Do i just go into the FBI manager and install the 1.5gb+ files?

How do i get an emuNAND running, which i heard is safer than running your sysNAND. Is it recommend to do so? I am a bit lost :/
Yes, install .cia files with FBI or use freeShop.
No need for emuNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do bundles generally get higher firmware rereleases?
I've noticed a rather cheap DBZ bundle n3ds at a retail store and assuming its not been returned, its supposedly <10.
11170894-2074325170375917.jpg
Yes I think it's about 9.6. It was released soon after legit CIA installation became a thing, but took like six months before a public legit cia of the game appeared.

evil_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the answer! Is there a dedicated guide for converting .3ds into .cia?

Ive been trying to read into it but it seems quite complicated. From what ive seen the most used method is the converter from gbatemp + rxtoolkit or something. But after checking the github page, it seems i need to compile it, for it to work and it doesnt have N3ds support or something..then some firmware.bin is required for N3ds and honestly it all sounds very complicated, mostly because i have no idea where to get all the things required by the readme/guide.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the answer! Is there a dedicated guide for converting .3ds into .cia?

Ive been trying to read into it but it seems quite complicated. From what ive seen the most used method is the converter from gbatemp + rxtoolkit or something. But after checking the github page, it seems i need to compile it, for it to work and it doesnt have N3ds support or something..then some firmware.bin is required for N3ds and honestly it all sounds very complicated, mostly because i have no idea where to get all the things required by the readme/guide.
I think you can convert with Decrypt9, but honestly it's much easier getting games directly with freeShop or downloading as .cia not .3ds. If they are dumps of your own cartridges, then dump them to .cia format using Decrypt9 (not with Gateway which can only do .3ds format).

evil_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How come, after starting the .cia i get some sort of infinite loading screen? It looks like the one when you start the system settings menu. but nothing happens afterwards.

Thats why im confused if theres not another way to start .cia. Maybe my settings are wrong. Talking about Fire Emblem: Fates Special edition. Is there something im forgetting? Maybe i need to update my sysnand to 11+? But i heard then some homebrew wont work anymore, such as RXtoolkit...

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You don't "start" CIAs, you install them through FBI like you do with a computer program.

It take's some time (specially the big one's) and then, an Icon gift wrapped will appear on the Home Menu (after you exit FBI).

Last edited by cravas,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How come, after starting the .cia i get some sort of infinite loading screen? It looks like the one when you start the system settings menu. but nothing happens afterwards.

Thats why im confused if theres not another way to start .cia. Maybe my settings are wrong. Talking about Fire Emblem: Fates Special edition. Is there something im forgetting? Maybe i need to update my sysnand to 11+? But i heard then some homebrew wont work anymore, such as RXtoolkit...
unless you got a9hl, do not update sysnand ever. only emunand. your problem sounds like installation might have failed or you try to install a non-cryptofixed out of region version?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

If you're on a9lh, update your sysNAND. Otherwise only update your emuNAND. Many games require a high firmware to run.

evil_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, sorry i didnt articulate myself properly.

I already used FBi to install the .cia. Then, when i try to launch it from the home menu, it ends up in this "infinite loading screen" like screen. (the same from the system settings menu)

Since i have followed the guide step by step, im assuming i have arm9loaderhax installed and properly setup. Therefore i should be safe in upgrading my sysNAND? Will it not void specific homebrew, such as rxtools?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country

If you followed the guide; step by step like you said - then you should be on 11.0.33 already [Part 3 - Section IV - #10]

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, sorry i didnt articulate myself properly.

I already used FBi to install the .cia. Then, when i try to launch it from the home menu, it ends up in this "infinite loading screen" like screen. (the same from the system settings menu)

Since i have followed the guide step by step, im assuming i have arm9loaderhax installed and properly setup. Therefore i should be safe in upgrading my sysNAND? Will it not void specific homebrew, such as rxtools?
If you can access the luma config menu via the select button successfully, then you do have arm9loaderhax. Therefore, yes, you can update successful. After updating, some apps that require arm9, like rxtools (who still uses this?), will be unable to be accessed, but some can be accessed via payload, like Decrypt9, and some can't, like the dead rxtools.

evil_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yea, i havent done the Firmware update yet (made a post about that in the actual tutorial topic), but im gonna update it now. I was just making sure its fine, if i wanted to use certain homebrew, such as rxtools, seeing as it says "only up to 9.2.0" everywhere...

edit:

@NintenDavid

Aaah, now i understand. I wasnt aware Rxtools is a dead thing. Im not too familiar with the entire homwbrew 3DS scene yet. :) Thank you very much for explaining that!

Last edited by evil_child,
Reactions: NintenDavid

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, i havent done the Firmware update yet (made a post about that in the actual tutorial topic), but im gonna update it now. I was just making sure its fine, if i wanted to use certain homebrew, such as rxtools, seeing as it says "only up to 9.2.0" everywhere...
Why do you need rxtools?

Edit: rxtools is dead, yes. There is Yet Another Rxtools, but rxtools is a emunand, so you don't need it.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

evil_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was mostly looking into converting 3ds into cia and 99% sources ive found via google said "use rxtools". I dont know if there are more simpler/modern things to do that thing yet. but since everyone said it can be done through other ways, will try to pursue those :D (decrypt9 for example).

I dont really know what freeshop is. So ill be looking into that.. :)

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was mostly looking into converting 3ds into cia and 99% sources ive found via google said "use rxtools". I dont know if there are more simpler/modern things to do that thing yet. but since everyone said it can be done through other ways, will try to pursue those :D (decrypt9 for example).

I dont really know what freeshop is. So ill be looking into that.. :)
Freeshop is like the eshop, but everything is free, hence the term, "free"shop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps