Country
United States
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant ever figure out how to use menuhax properly. its why i never reinstalled it. and yes my wifi on if its werent i wouldnt be able to even talk to ya
I mean the wifi on the 3ds system :P
Is the yellow light on and flashing?

Also, it is easy, it instructed you how to install it.
Just load the homebrew launcher, and open menu hax, and select install. Then select configure and follow directions to set the trigger button to work with the system.

1. Open the menuhax_manager application
  2. Press A to install, it may show some errors but that's fine as long as it shows "Success" towards the end
  3. Go back to the main menuhax_manager menu, then select "Configure/check haxx trigger..."
  4. Press A to continue, then select "Type1"
  5. Hold down on the D-Pad, then tap the touch screen; this is the recommended button to use for launching menuhax in this guide because it does not interfere with any other functions of tools we will be using
  6. Go back to the main menuhax_manager menu, then press B, followed by Start to exit back into the Homebrew Launcher
  7. Use the Start button to reboot
  8. You can now hold D-Pad down while the system is booting to launch the Homebrew Launcher

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the wifi on the 3ds system :P
Is the yellow light on and flashing?

Also, it is easy, it instructed you how to install it.
Just load the homebrew launcher, and open menu hax, and select install. Then select configure and follow directions to set the trigger button to work with the system.

1. Open the menuhax_manager application
  2. Press A to install, it may show some errors but that's fine as long as it shows "Success" towards the end
  3. Go back to the main menuhax_manager menu, then select "Configure/check haxx trigger..."
  4. Press A to continue, then select "Type1"
  5. Hold down on the D-Pad, then tap the touch screen; this is the recommended button to use for launching menuhax in this guide because it does not interfere with any other functions of tools we will be using
  6. Go back to the main menuhax_manager menu, then press B, followed by Start to exit back into the Homebrew Launcher
  7. Use the Start button to reboot
  8. You can now hold D-Pad down while the system is booting to launch the Homebrew Launcher

yes light is on and flashy

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you made it this far, you should have been using home menu hax

we just successfully installed menu hax. lol. now to figure out what the problem is here now with this. in the picture. the luma3ds without the/TuxSH on the end isnt showing. wtw is this anyway? id love to find it and rid myself of it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here

Attachments

• HNI_0048.JPG
    HNI_0048.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 103

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
we just successfully installed menu hax. lol. now to figure out what the problem is here now with this. in the picture. the luma3ds without the/TuxSH on the end isnt showing. wtw is this anyway? id love to find it and rid myself of it.

here
That's how it is now as tux has done a lot of work on it and still is. If you edited the smdh to remove the /tux you have to replace the one on your SD card with the edited one.

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will love this cuteness. he thought he done broke the system of something when menuhax launched and it did that thing on the upper screen where it goes weird. lol. i am sitting
That's how it is now as tux has done a lot of work on it and still is. If you edited the smdh to remove the /tux you have to replace the one on your SD card with the edited one.

no ive not edited it. and it was showing earlier without that tux on it. so its rather weird. earlier as in not but a bit ago btw.

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The homebrew loaded is in the Starter.zip archive, named "BOOT.3DSX" place it on the root of the sd card. Then try again. :)

You can delete the payloads. You only need the boot.3dsx file if you have menuhax

I tried it, but it gave me the nintendo/support error message. Apparently, I needed to keep one of those payloads :blink:

I have a boot.3dsx file and also an auto.3dsx file. Do you know what the "auto" file is for?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Downgraded to 9.2, now console will only start with SD out, every time. Upon restart i get "an error has occured (press a) If i reinsert it it works, but it also hangs for Luma boot (and i cant remove it to get around that) Please advise.
Remove menuhax by changing the theme (boot with SD out then reinsert). Then reinstall.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: LuigiXL

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loaded Luma3DS from the homebrew launcher and my R4i card loads, but gives me this error: "Wrong date or firmware expired! Please check NDS machine date configuration. If firmware expired please download latest firmware from www.r4i-sdhc.com". Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• r4i_error.jpg
    r4i_error.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 88

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loaded Luma3DS from the homebrew launcher and my R4i card loads, but gives me this error: "Wrong date or firmware expired! Please check NDS machine date configuration. If firmware expired please download latest firmware from www.r4i-sdhc.com". Is there a way to fix this?
Did you download the latest kernel and put it on the sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good afternoon fellas
    +1
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a...