• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
rebounce.
I finished Plailect's tutorial.

1. How can I boot into OFW back like the new bought machine?
(I guess it would be into the OFW v9.2 as the last original_sysNAND.bin, right?)

2. Can we actually boot into OFW and CFW back and forward(alternately) easily?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
rebounce.
I finished Plailect's tutorial.

1. How can I boot into OFW back like the new bought machine?
(I guess it would be into the OFW v9.2 as the last original_sysNAND.bin, right?)

2. Can we actually boot into OFW and CFW back and forward(alternately) easily?
1. Yes, you have to reflash a pre-A9LH backup. But there is zero reason for doing so, an A9LH console will fetch more money of you want to sell it.

2. You would have to flash backups.

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Reverting from a9lh back to OFW would require a nand restore, which will remove the ability to use a9lh until you restored a post a9lh backup, or redid the part where you setup a9lh.

1. Yes, you have to reflash a pre-A9LH backup. But there is zero reason for doing so, an A9LH console will fetch more money of you want to sell it.

2. You would have to flash backups.

guys,
The potential buyer wants the 3DS to be able to alternate easily between CFW and OFW.
I do apologize if this seems an unnecessary extra work.
I agree that Luma3DS and A9LH make the 3DS so smooth and feels like vanilla stock OFW.
I personally use this Luma3DS and A9LH combination.

1.So, what I need to do is
a) flash sysNAND_original.bin when I want install OFW using emuNAND9.
b) flash sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin when I want install CFW (using??)
is that correct?

2. For 1.b, what software should I use ? Since in this state, I should be in OFW. Does it need sky3DS?

Last edited by avocado,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
guys,
The potential buyer wants the 3DS to be able to alternate easily between CFW and OFW.
I do apologize if this seems an unnecessary extra work.
I agree that Luma3DS and A9LH make the 3DS so smooth and feels like vanilla stock OFW.
I personally use this Luma3DS and A9LH combination.

1.So, what I need to do is
a) flash sysNAND_original.bin when I want install OFW using emuNAND9.
b) flash sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin when I want install CFW (using??)
is that correct?

2. For 1.b, what software should I use ? Since in this state, I should be in OFW. Does it need sky3DS?
For 1.b, if the console is on 9.2 you can use Decrypt9 through the homebrew launcher.

Explain to your buyer that there's zero difference between the look of an a9lh console and a stock console. If you have a health and safety backup you can restore it if they don't like FBI being in their health and safety. They are just asking for trouble, since if they update while in OFW, there goes their hack.

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
For 1.b, if the console is on 9.2 you can use Decrypt9 through the homebrew launcher.

Explain to your buyer that there's zero difference between the look of an a9lh console and a stock console. If you have a health and safety backup you can restore it if they don't like FBI being in their health and safety. They are just asking for trouble, since if they update while in OFW, there goes their hack.

I cannot agree more. That is also the thing that I worry about. All setup will be gone if they update the OFW.
aaarrrggh, forget it. I will find other customer.

thanks for your answer.

GibWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm looking to buy a PAL N3DS for running a CFW. I haven't kept up with the scene for over a year, but form what I've seen, the most popular and reliable option currently is A9LH with Luma3DS. I was wondering, if there are still sysMenu version constraints for running hacks, like there were a year ago, or can any version be hacked now. If not, which system version should I be looking for when purchasing the aforementioned PAL N3DS?
Also, are there any clear guides for setting up those hacks from scratch on a vanilla N3DS?

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking to buy a PAL N3DS for running a CFW. I haven't kept up with the scene for over a year, but form what I've seen, the most popular and reliable option currently is A9LH with Luma3DS. I was wondering, if there are still sysMenu version constraints for running hacks, like there were a year ago, or can any version be hacked now. If not, which system version should I be looking for when purchasing the aforementioned PAL N3DS?
Also, are there any clear guides for setting up those hacks from scratch on a vanilla N3DS?
hi,
yes, there are version limit of OFW v10.7 to downgrade using cartridge like cubicninja(ninjahax).
above this level, you need to do hardmode to downgrade the machine.

I followed this tutorial successfully.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Subhaan2703

Trophies
XP
Country
Anything under version 10.7 can install a9lh, but firmwares between 10.6 and 10.7 require an additional exploit game like cubic ninja or Zelda OOT, so i'd reccomend buying a 3ds with a firmware 10.5 or lower. Do not buy a 3ds with firmware 11.0 as you can only get a cfw with a hardmod which is very tricky and best to pay someone here to do. As far as guides go this is pretty much the bible here;

A simple and up to date guide with help everywhere. Good luck with your searches, I looked for like 2 weeks for a low firmware pal n3ds and just snagged one two days ago, waiting for delivery then i can finally install a9lh. Gl!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You'll want to follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
11.0 is not hackable (except with hardmod + exploitable game)
10.6-10.7 is hackable with an exploitable game
10.5 is hackable for free

GibWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
hi,
yes, there are version limit of OFW v10.7 to downgrade using cartridge like cubicninja(ninjahax).
above this level, you need to do hardmode to downgrade the machine.

I followed this tutorial successfully.

Anything under version 10.7 can install a9lh, but firmwares between 10.6 and 10.7 require an additional exploit game like cubic ninja or Zelda OOT, so i'd reccomend buying a 3ds with a firmware 10.5 or lower. Do not buy a 3ds with firmware 11.0 as you can only get a cfw with a hardmod which is very tricky and best to pay someone here to do. As far as guides go this is pretty much the bible here;

A simple and up to date guide with help everywhere. Good luck with your searches, I looked for like 2 weeks for a low firmware pal n3ds and just snagged one two days ago, waiting for delivery then i can finally install a9lh. Gl!
You'll want to follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
11.0 is not hackable (except with hardmod + exploitable game)
10.6-10.7 is hackable with an exploitable game
10.5 is hackable for free

Thank you for the quick responses. Looks like anything under 11.0 will work for me. I already have OOT, because I bought the O3DS at launch, but managed to brick it. I attempted recovering it with a hard-mod, however I was unable make the solder stick to the board, so I eventually just gave up on it.

EDIT: Scratch that. After skimming the guide, I saw that I need an already hacked 3ds to use the OOT exploit.

Last edited by GibWaffles,

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tomorrow I am headed out to buy a used Hyrule edition New 3DS XL, it's coming with a Sky3DS and R4 Dual Core, apparently. Although I'm a little confused as to why it would come with both, especially considering I don't think the R4 would work on a newer system like that. But regardless, is there anything in particular I should look for? It seems like a good deal and the guy seems nice, but I don't want to be scammed.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Tomorrow I am headed out to buy a used Hyrule edition New 3DS XL, it's coming with a Sky3DS and R4 Dual Core, apparently. Although I'm a little confused as to why it would come with both, especially considering I don't think the R4 would work on a newer system like that. But regardless, is there anything in particular I should look for? It seems like a good deal and the guy seems nice, but I don't want to be scammed.
Check whether it has 11.0. If it does you can't downgrade it or use CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol. Have you heard about this?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol. Have you heard about this?