• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there... So may the problems begin...
is just started with the plailect guide... Step 1 worked great.
Started Step 2. I GUESS i got a partial upgrade (did not look on the screen for a sec and get something like "error occured. please shut down". Now my system settings say i am at 9.2 but i am not able to use browserhax anymore...
Any help?
How many times did you try using browserhax? It's not a 100% success rate. Keep trying.

finisnoctae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah i know... the point is, when i first tried (without success) my screen changes color (etc). now, nothing happens at all. my browser opens an empty page and leaves me here... is this still an error i can work around by trying again? ^^

edit: ok strange one... on my "empty page" i saw a little bar or something. i clicked it (out of frustration) and got the same error i got during my failed tries in step one. I didnt have to tap anywhere during my first tries... but... i guess now it works. thanks anyway ^^

Last edited by finisnoctae,

finisnoctae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok uff.
i was trying to setup menuhax again after downgrading but always failed at orange screen. I asked google and if anyone has this problem in the future this solution worked for me (first try!) even if i was on 9.2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/44gonl/fix_is_your_3ds_crashing_at_the_orange_screen/

right now i am trying to do the sysNAND backup... first time i had 193.331.2 bytes which seems to be a little bit to small ^^
Wait, did you downgrade again? Cause it sounded to me like you had a partial downgrade, when that happens you need to run the downgrade process again.

As for NAND sizes, look here:
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size

finisnoctae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes i downgraded again =)
when i did it the second time he had only a few files to change an it was done very quick but it has completed installation and sent me back to the menu =)

And the link you posted was the one, that told me my file was to small ^^ i hope i do not have to backup a third time... it is really taking looooong time ^^

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes i downgraded again =)
when i did it the second time he had only a few files to change an it was done very quick but it has completed installation and sent me back to the menu =)

And the link you posted was the one, that told me my file was to small ^^ i hope i do not have to backup a third time... it is really taking looooong time ^^

Your file is not to small. From the size you posted, you have a New 3DS with a Toshiba NAND.

Your backup is 1,933,312 kilobytes, not bytes. 1,933,312 KB (kilobytes) is 1,979,711,488 bytes (you multiply kilobytes by 1024 to get the bytes), which is a correct size.

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since I already have emunand, but not Luma, I want to "install" Luma and then start on part 4 of Plailect's guide.

It says to use the firmware.bin from part 3, but there are some more files I won't have that don't seem to be required for just Luma, mainly the Luma3ds folder in the 3ds folder.

Should I just put that in there too? In general my 3ds folder probably looks different, hope it's not a problem.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Are you using the "New 3DS CPU" to "Clock+L2(x)" feature on Luma3DS on your N3DS? Since I don't have any N3DS, I can't use that. If you do, try turning it off, and try running Majora's Mask again.

Fix it. I used the wrong title ID, yet also installed this below, which simplifies the process a bit easier, even though it's just a txt file you edit when doing it the manual way.

https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since I already have emunand, but not Luma, I want to "install" Luma and then start on part 4 of Plailect's guide.

It says to use the firmware.bin from part 3, but there are some more files I won't have that don't seem to be required for just Luma, mainly the Luma3ds folder in the 3ds folder.

Should I just put that in there too? In general my 3ds folder probably looks different, hope it's not a problem.

Yes, check the installation instructions. You need to copy the purple and the green files (so the "3ds/Luma3DS" and "/luma" folders, and the Luma3DS.dat). You can get the firmware.bin file from that page too.

finisnoctae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Aaaand here i am again...
This time i am kind of stuck at the end of step 3...
I am trying to update my redNAND via system settings... but everytime i try he connects to the internet and then says: "an error has occurred. System is going to reboot" (or something like mine is in german ^^)
Any ideas?

EDIT:
These typical facepalm moments...
<<<< This little genius blocked the nintendo update page a few days ago because he did not want his wii u to update, just in case he is going to hack it too...
Sorry... XD

Last edited by finisnoctae,

RedSoloFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem and I'm not really sure what I should do. I've tried to downgrade using smash on N3DS (10.7) and I can't get anything to work. I've used SafeSysUpdater to check my 9.2 files but I believe I've read that I need to downgrade to 10.5 and use menuhax/ browserhax from there. Everytime I load SysUpdater I get Failed to get CIA file info with both 9.2 and 10.5 files. Anything I can do? Could I possibly have a wrong version of SysUpdater?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem and I'm not really sure what I should do. I've tried to downgrade using smash on N3DS (10.7) and I can't get anything to work. I've used SafeSysUpdater to check my 9.2 files but I believe I've read that I need to downgrade to 10.5 and use menuhax/ browserhax from there. Everytime I load SysUpdater I get Failed to get CIA file info with both 9.2 and 10.5 files. Anything I can do? Could I possibly have a wrong version of SysUpdater?

I suggest that you keep trying to downgrade to 10.5 until it eventually succeeds if smashhax is your only option (maybe try the same steps as this person did?)
You cannot downgrade with smashhax to 9.2 AFAIK, and it is a known fact that it's rather difficult to downgrade with smashhax for some reason. So if you can't get Cubic Ninja or OoT, then, patience and good luck!

finisnoctae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I screwed it. 6 hours of work.
But maybe there is still hope... i can only guess but am 99% sure:

I followed the guide till step 5 section IV part 4.
But then it seems, that i choose "nand restore" instead of "nand restore (keep a9lh)"

The situation is: my ds is on firmware 11. and it looks like i cant launch any homebrew to backup to one of my files...

Going to bed for now. really frustrated. thanks anyway.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what would be the best application for wireless file trasnsfer from n3ds to pc?

FTBrony?

I screwed it. 6 hours of work.
But maybe there is still hope... i can only guess but am 99% sure:

I followed the guide till step 5 section IV part 4.
But then it seems, that i choose "nand restore" instead of "nand restore (keep a9lh)"

The situation is: my ds is on firmware 11. and it looks like i cant launch any homebrew to backup to one of my files...

Going to bed for now. really frustrated. thanks anyway.

So, if you press Select while booting, you don't get to Luma3DS settings? Just making sure. Sorry to hear that though. :(

tehoivun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. i just finished doing the Plailect guide and everything went perfect. Now I have a few more questions:

1. Is it safe to use the eshop and my Nintendo ID now (to get my old digital titles/DLC)?
  2. I can also play any game online and I'll be fine?
  3. Once I install a .cia as a title on the menu or whatever can I delete the .cia?
  4. How do game updates and DLC work?
  5. I don't have to worry about system updates right? I can just update it myself and it'll be fine?
  6. Is there a way to play DS games now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1