Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gomgoblog.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi!
I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL on 11.16.0-49E with Luma v10.2.1 (With 3GXloader) on SD Card and Luma v11 (with 3GXloader) on NAND, the problem is that i am getting an Update Message when i try to open eShop, but as far as i can see, my 3DS is on Last system version, anyways, when i try to update (from System Settings and from SAFE_FIRM) i get an "Unknown Error" "An error has ocurred, unable to update, the console will reboot/turn off" and i have no custom DNS, no Proxy and no Firewall on my 3DS.
I was trying to download something from eShop, but i cant because of this error, what can i do? is there any way to update my 3DS from other way? I have a NAND Backup, but it's from 2 years ago, so i'm trying to not use it because i don't want to loose anything.

Last version (on USA region, but in Europe i haven't seen any other update)
1676895603393.png

My 3DS on last version:
photo_2023-02-20_13-09-15 (2).jpg

My SD Card Luma Version:
photo_2023-02-20_13-09-16 (3).jpg

When i try to update:
photo_2023-02-20_13-09-16.jpg

Error on SAFE_FIRM:
photo_2023-02-20_13-09-16 (2).jpg

Error on System Setting:
photo_2023-02-20_13-09-15.jpg

eShop Update Error:
photo_2023-02-20_13-09-16 (4).jpg
Thanks to everyone!

Reactions: caipora

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, your 3DS obviously won't update because, as you already said, it's up to date.
Maybe you should try not downloading whatever you're trying to download from the eShop? Couldn't there be a CIA for it or a Homebrew alternative?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First I would start by updating Luma3DS the version you have is like from 3 years ago and is hideously out of date. There has been a good few updates in the last few years. Once updated try the update again and see if it was the old version of luma causing the issue.

There has also a few moths ago been an update to the eshop to prepare it for its closurein March that showed up as a System update. The only thing that was updated was the Eshop and the system version number was not changed so I'm guessing you missed it at the time and that is what is now trying to update.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Nintendo 3DS XL on 11.16.0-49E with Luma v10.2.1
You need to update Luma3DS to v.11.
(With 3GXloader)
What's that?
on SD Card and Luma v11 (with 3GXloader) on NAND
Again, why & how are you using 2 Luma3DS versions? And what's this 3gxloader you're using?
, the problem is that i am getting an Update Message when i try to open eShop, but as far as i can see, my 3DS is on Last system version,
You shouldn't get the update nag if you're already on latest firmware version.
Are you on emunand/rednand by any chance?
anyways, when i try to update (from System Settings and from SAFE_FIRM) i get an "Unknown Error" "An error has ocurred, unable to update, the console will reboot/turn off"
Not sure what that means.. Also, it's not in the pics.

gomgo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gomgoblog.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Spain
Well, your 3DS obviously won't update because, as you already said, it's up to date.
Maybe you should try not downloading whatever you're trying to download from the eShop? Couldn't there be a CIA for it or a Homebrew alternative?
I'm Trying to download the 3D Trailer of Luigi's Mansion to inject an 3D video i made, so if i can find an CIA i will use it since i only need a CIA file, but it's unconfortable to don't have access to some features because of an "Firmware Update"
First I would start by updating Luma3DS the version you have is like from 3 years ago and is hideously out of date. There has been a good few updates in the last few years. Once updated try the update again and see if it was the old version of luma causing the issue.
Yeah, i tryed to use original Luma on v12 and v11, but i get the same error, i hope with the next update it will be fixed

What's that?
Is an Luma Modification that help to use NTR Launcher (For screen streaming)
You shouldn't get the update nag if you're already on latest firmware version.
Are you on emunand/rednand by any chance?
No, i'm using the original NAND, there's no emuNand/redNand, idk why i'm getting the error
Not sure what that means.. Also, it's not in the pics.
SAFE_FIRM is the Secure mode for updating, it helps when you get an error on update, it's the pic that says "the console will shutdown"
Again, why & how are you using 2 Luma3DS versions? And what's this 3gxloader you're using?
I have Luma with 3GXLoader files (boot.firm and boot.3dsx) on my SD Card, and then, in case that i boot without my SD, there's a Luma installation on my Nand (you can do it with a function on GodMode9)

There has also a few moths ago been an update to the eshop to prepare it for its closurein March that showed up as a System update. The only thing that was updated was the Eshop and the system version number was not changed so I'm guessing you missed it at the time and that is what is now trying to update.
I updated my console, i'm thinking thah maybe if i can with homebrew "modify the system version number" i can install the update, anyways, is there any way to bypass the update message from eShop?

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm Trying to download the 3D Trailer of Luigi's Mansion to inject an 3D video i made, so if i can find an CIA i will use it since i only need a CIA file, but it's unconfortable to don't have access to some features because of an "Firmware Update"
Hmmmm yeah i have no idea of what could be done. The other replies are smarter than mine, maybe it'll have more effect.
But yeah, kinda annoying, but maybe this is the "price" to pay for hacking into the console. We all go through this kind of weird bug :-/

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to update Luma3DS to v.11.
Latest is Luma v.12

As for the OP, this is generated by either having a NAND system title missing, corrupted or pending to install.

Follow these steps:

-Use FBI and go to "Pending Titles", check if there's something like "004000015521122" (The number is just an example, it could be anything) there. If there is, delete everything and then, try to enter to the eShop again. When prompted to update, do it and follow the provided steps to update within the system configuration app, it should be safe if you are on Luma3DS v11 or higher. If the update gives out an error message, proceed to the next step.

MAKE A NAND BACKUP BEFORE PROCEDING WITH THE NEXT STEP.

-If the system still asks for an update and has errors when trying to proceed, then you may have a corrupted NAND title or any NAND title that doesn't correctly match with the "expected" firmware installed titles. For this, you have two options: Install the whole firmware by using NUS downloader, or manually troubleshoot and identify the conflicting title and reinstall it.

For example, this happened to me when I mistakenly installed the wrong version of a system title, the eShop and the Home Menu keep nagging me with the update notice until I reinstalled the same title but now for the expected firmware version I was in.

Last edited by DSoryu,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Luma with 3GXLoader files (boot.firm and boot.3dsx) on my SD Card,
Those 2 files are necessary for the system to boot. Though i still don't understand why are you calling them "3gxloader" files..
and then, in case that i boot without my SD, there's a Luma installation on my Nand (you can do it with a function on GodMode9)
Luma3DS installed on the ctrnand.
Latest is Luma v.12
Yes, but it's not necessary to update to v.12, v.11 works just as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those 2 files are necessary for the system to boot. Though i still don't understand why are you calling them "3gxloader" files..

Luma3DS installed on the ctrnand.

3gx loader is a version of luma made to work with ntr for say streaming the system to the pc or wiiu.

Reactions: CoolMe and DSoryu

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Luma3DS with 3GX loader is a fork maintained by PabloMK7 that supports custom code injects and memory manipulation for debugging/moding purposes.

It is mandatory to ALWAYS point to the latest version of any software you provide or recommend. In this case, Luma v12 has several bugfixes, such as these:

1676944195214.png

This is why v11 should not be recommended anymore, as some of the bugs present on it would eventually show up for users.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is mandatory to ALWAYS point to the latest version of any software you provide or recommend. In this case, Luma v12 has several bugfixes, such as these:

1676944195214.png

This is why v11 should not be recommended anymore, as some of the bugs present on it would eventually show up for users.
Actually the link i linked to above has the latest Luma3DS (3ds.guide), i just forget that there's an update to v.11 (not intentional).. :)

gomgo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gomgoblog.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Spain
-Use FBI and go to "Pending Titles", check if there's something like "004000015521122" (The number is just an example, it could be anything) there. If there is, delete everything and then, try to enter to the eShop again. When prompted to update, do it and follow the provided steps to update within the system configuration app, it should be safe if you are on Luma3DS v11 or higher. If the update gives out an error message, proceed to the next step.
Well, i followed that steps, but i'm still getting he update nag, my Pending Title is: "0004800542383841" Which is the one for "DS Internet Settings" (?), does that help?
MAKE A NAND UPDATE BEFORE PROCEDING WITH THE NEXT STEP.
Do you mean making an NAND Backup now?

-If the system still asks for an update and has errors when trying to proceed, then you may have a corrupted NAND title or any NAND title that doesn't correctly match with the "expected" firmware installed titles. For this, you have two options: Install the whole firmware by using NUS downloader, or manually troubleshoot and identify the conflicting title and reinstall it.
How can i download them from NUS Downloader? There's no "3DS" option, and how can i identify the "corrupted titles"?
Thank you so much!

EDIT (27/02/2023): I Finally fixed it y downloading all the 11.16.0-49E Firmmware as CIAs from 3DNUS and installed the Pending Title searching it on all the firmware, now it's working well, thanks to everyone

Last edited by gomgo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok