Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

KamazasBl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its expensive because they actually put work into make the flashcart. R4i is cheaper because they depend on gateway, and just rework small changes to run on their cards.

i still don't see why, gateway is still money thirsty and that's it...

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
i still don't see why, gateway is still money thirsty and that's it...
Well noone is gonna force you to buy gateway if you cant afford it go for R4i just know that if they do copy gateway in the future more bricking code may be included in there and will end up costing you alot more. Ye it does happen on gateway too but at a far lower rate from the amount of "I bricked my 3DS" post.

KamazasBl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm good at "camping", i don't like rushing at things at full speed without thinking about consequences, we have baits all over the internet who report their problems.. so why not let them screw their hardware and take the shortcut for my self? :D

that's why im still on 3.1 r4i

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm good at "camping", i don't like rushing at things at full speed without thinking about consequences, we have baits all over the internet who report their problems.. so why not let them screw their hardware and take the shortcut for my self? :D

that's why im still on 3.1 r4i

3.1 is still dangerous, you're lucky u're 3ds is still alive, better play it safe ASAP and downgrade to v2.0/3.0

3.1 was actually very nasty for me, corrupting saves all the time.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's really cute the way Gateway doesn't want their work to be used by someone else even going as far as including e merciless bricking code when they're also banking off someone else's work. They want to combat piracy on their piracy.

Reactions: AngryGeek416

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's really cute the way Gateway doesn't want their work to be used by someone else even going as far as including e merciless bricking code when they're also banking off someone else's work. They want to combat piracy on their piracy.

I think it's really cute the way r4 is so useless they can't make their own products.

So far the only company to make anything is Gateway.
If you buy anything else, your knockoff flashcart might brick your 3DS.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh man where have you been these past 2 months. Even before this bricking shitstorm started EVERY topic on here would eventually turn into a clone vs gateway argument.

I don't really come to the 3DS Hacking section that much since I don't own a flashkit, so that's why I guess. I come now and then to see if there's news on exploits that would enable homebrew from the SD card slot.

I believe defending a flashcard against other one is utterly pointless. It's a sign of someone trying to justify their purchase .

To add to the discussion, if I knew there was even a slight chance of the official Gateway bricking my console, I wouldn't use it at all. Imagine turning your console on everytime thinking "oh boy it booted, good thing it didn't brick!".

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is only for DS games, not 3DS.

is a clone of an earlier version of Gateway.
But it still copied Gateway's firmware.
I've seen quite some speculation of that, but is there actual proof? Would be nice.

But yeah my opinion on this whole mess is:
Gateway shouldn't brick consoles
R4 team etc shouldn't clone
Pirates shouldn't pirate
The only people who I feel sorry for are the ones who just wanted region free.

Reactions: NEP

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it was irresponsible of Normmatt to release his shit without proper testing.

To the point of recklessness almost. Did you have any warning up at first?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it was irresponsible of Normmatt to release his shit without proper testing.

To the point of recklessness almost. Did you have any warning up at first?
the brick A. didn't happen until after some time B. was not guaranteed to happen anyway. Even if he tested 20 3DSes for 2 weeks straight they still might not have bricked.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the brick A. didn't happen until after some time B. was not guaranteed to happen anyway. Even if he tested 20 3DSes for 2 weeks straight they still might not have bricked.
He should have analyzed the behavior of the launcher.

You don't just patch binaries willy-nilly without checking all code paths via the disassembled opcodes and release that shit.

But he did, and we can't turn back the block. Just saying it was irresponsible to release it; originally the thread even included assurance of safety according to google. Oh well.

LeomelsonBato

Trophies
XP
Country
To add to the discussion, if I knew there was even a slight chance of the official Gateway bricking my console, I wouldn't use it at all. Imagine turning your console on everytime thinking "oh boy it booted, good thing it didn't brick!".

lol. thats me last night when i enable Gateway Mode it hangs into white lines.. i was like WTF!!
Then restart the console and it boots then access Gateway Mode Again then SUCCESS! It didn't Brick!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I playing as goku while fighting game characters