Hardware 3ds hinge

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have disassembled a 3DS but cant figure out how the hinge goes together on the side with no ribbon cables. I know the black/silver/white thing goes in the end and its supposed to snap back into the body so you can connect the 2 halves and then snap back into the other side. But whilst the thing is in it wont move back any further. I'm baffled. Can anyone please explain it to me as I'm obviously not getting it. I have attached an image.

Attachments

• 20180210_025755.jpg
    20180210_025755.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have disassembled a 3DS but cant figure out how the hinge goes together on the side with no ribbon cables. I know the black/silver/white thing goes in the end and its supposed to snap back into the body so you can connect the 2 halves and then snap back into the other side. But whilst the thing is in it wont move back any further. I'm baffled. Can anyone please explain it to me as I'm obviously not getting it. I have attached an image.
3rd party shell?

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
3rd party shell?

All good now. I was trying to fit the existing oem hinge through the replacement middle shell which doesn't fit for whatever reason. The hinge it came with works fine. I though the pieces were the same, their obviously not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work