Status
Not open for further replies.

Quget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In JavaScript it's optional, though bad practice to omit it. There's no `print` function in the specification, though :P
It depends on the compiler :S

I don't believe printing something on screen means it is hacked. You can also make your own nds game start it using a r4i card that just prints that.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
It depends on the compiler :S

I don't believe printing something on screen means it is hacked. You can also make your own nds game start it using a r4i card that just prints that.
Nope, it doesn't depend on the compiler. A compiler that doesn't have rules for automatic semicolon insertion isn't adhering to the ECMA-262 specification and isn't a JavaScript (or, if you prefer, ECMAScript) compiler. Even code running in strict mode is allowed to omit semicolons.

But, this is kind of getting off-topic. Unless we're discussing how we might run JavaScript code on a hacked 3DS. NodeJS for 3DS, anyone?

crazyj3ss

hmm
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I want to be able to run ROMs. Not 3DS ROMs, those I can live without, but SNES, N64 ROMs and maybe some PSX and GC ISOs too...
As for 3DS ROMs, I can just buy the games I want like any other day-worker.

This; I'm very much happy supporting developers with the games they are putting out now for current consoles by simply buying them yet I'm for the convenience of playing long since out of production games(especially ones that are probably never going to be released in the VC; which is damn near the vast majority at the pace they are released).

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
the 3ds runs c and c++ ( http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Glossary )
so it shude go like this
Code:
cout << "Hello World!";
CPUs execute machine code. You can write applications in pretty much any language as long as you can find a compiler that will compile for the CPU's platform (in the 3DS's case, ARM). If they could interpret C/C++ there'd be no need to compile those languages. AFAIK, there are no static compilers for JavaScript, though, least of all for ARM processors.

Filipe C Bello dos Santos

Real pirates don't buy fake copies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is great news, no wonder we have 50 pages. I didn't participate of the DS hack, when i bought my first DS lite, it was already hacked. But i began to follow every thread on GBATemp when i bought my 3DS.
The nice part of the hack is that my retail game collecton will have only awesome games, because i will try all games first and buy only the nice ones.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
This; I'm very much happy supporting developers with the games they are putting out now for current consoles by simply buying them yet I'm for the convenience of playing long since out of production games(especially ones that are probably never going to be released in the VC; which is damn near the vast majority at the pace they are released).
Same here. The second any game I like shows up on the eshop, I'll buy it, and same goes for 3DS games I want.
Yes, it's still piracy. I want to support Nintendo, but if they don't make the game available, I can't do that.
So old handheld/console emulators would be nice, to say the least.

Reactions: crazyj3ss

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news, no wonder we have 50 pages. I didn't participate of the DS hack, when i bought my first DS lite, it was already hacked. But i began to follow every thread on GBATemp when i bought my 3DS.
The nice part of the hack is that my retail game collecton will have only awesome games, because i will try all games first and buy only the nice ones.
People like you sicken me - you just basically admitted the only thing you care about from this is piracy.
I mean, yeah, it's inevitable to happen if homebrew gets released, but having the mindset of pirating isn't something I enjoy.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
People like you sicken me - you just basically admitted the only thing you care about from this is piracy.
I mean, yeah, it's inevitable to happen if homebrew gets released, but having the mindset of pirating isn't something I enjoy.

At least he says he will buy the games he enjoys...

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it funny how all you so called righteous people on here quick to pass judgement as if you live a perfect life.
smdh I really don't care if people pirate or not, but people need to stop trying to defend nintendo. If they knew how to satisfy their customers, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Whats so hard about allowing customers to download retro games if they pay for them.

Reactions: ferret7463

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say this, the best things in life are the things that aren't easy to get to. If everything is handed to you in a silver platter, you'd get bored of it easily - this applies to everything. Imagine having unlimited money, and buying everything to your hearts content, you'll get bored of everything you have rather quickly. If piracy comes out, you'll easily have access to every 3DS game making it less desirable to actually play knowing you can play it whenever with no restrictions. Piracy will inevitably kill the fun out of me purchasing and playing 3DS games, so I'm hoping it's staying strictly homebrew.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say this, the best things in life are the things that aren't easy to get to. If everything is handed to you in a silver platter, you'd get bored of it easily - this applies to everything. Imagine having unlimited money, and buying everything to your hearts content, you'll get bored of everything you have rather quickly. If piracy comes out, you'll easily have access to every 3DS game making it less desirable to actually play knowing you can play it whenever with no restrictions. Piracy will inevitably kill the fun out of me purchasing and playing 3DS games, so I'm hoping it's staying strictly homebrew.

Or you could have self-control.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could have self-control.
True, but if you're like me, just knowing you can get a game easily and free would devalue any game. Self control is definitely a contribution, don't get me wrong, but the ability to do something also contributes to it.
It all comes down to opinion though, I can see why some people want piracy since games where they live cost a ridiculous amount. I'd be fine with just region free and homebrew.

D

Deleted_171835

I wonder if there is any chance of increasing the 3DS CPU clock-speed with a hack like people have done with the PSP. From what I hear, Nintendo underclocked it in the 3DS to save battery life so if we run the 3DS CPU at full speed, surely that would allow for a smoother framerate in some games.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there is any chance of increasing the 3DS CPU clock-speed with a hack like people have done with the PSP. From what I hear, Nintendo underclocked it in the 3DS to save battery life so if we run the 3DS CPU at full speed, surely that would allow for a smoother framerate in some games.
If this is also true the battery life would be roughly 2-3 hours depending on how old the system is.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ApplicationActivated.jpg

I got my application activated! This allows the application to be detected in the Friends applet and it allows other things as well.
p.s.- I'm sorry, but I'm not sharing my friend code for this unit so I blacked it out.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can wait until this hack is rolling. I wonder when will they truly release. Im sure the cpu of the 3DS is preaty strong to run android plus the memory is fast enough. Meybe i wouldnt put too much faith in it but I would like to see.

anyone here know a fast way to learn C language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password