Hacking 3DS Hack: "We hacked it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-185407

I don't see the problem with attempting to place limitations to protect the platform from piracy. If you're not happy with what you're getting for free, just hack the console yourself and remove those limitations yourself. It's a little bit selfish to make demands and to insult people who are sharing something they don't have to share in the first place.

Besides, I have no interest in piracy, I only want to try code some stereoscopic ideas I have in my head and make one or two applications to make my console more useful when traveling. Should be great fun.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a little bit selfish to make demands and to insult people who are sharing something they don't have to share in the first place.

Couldn't agree more. Neimod, yellows8, maybe others that are doing similar, they're working on hacking the 3DS for their reasons, they have their agenda, which they've made quite clear does not include piracy, and they have no reason to bend to the will of randoms on the internet who just don't want to pay for games.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop. Many people here don't care about piracy. They just want to be able to run THEIR code. Such as my self. Android is mostly google play. No matter you have to pay for.

when this comes out im try to run the android ported for the rasppi since they have the same procesor. hope it works. :) ARM

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's interesting how you're so insistent on getting Android onto a 3DS. Aside from being no small job porting an OS even on similar architecture, and the 3DS being more limited than most if not all other Android devices, I don't see how the payoff would be worth it. The reason for porting Android to the RaspPi was because it's a low cost, widely available device, there was a practical benefit. The 3DS would, I imagine, be awkward to get Android running nicely with it, it's less capable than even the lowest-end Android devices, all the software for it would probably need to be rewritten to work with the 3DS's interfaces...

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are many missunderstandment about the 3ds capacity. We should put it to the test and see how fast the ram is. Hopefully if this hack gets release, that will be done.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's interesting how you're so insistent on getting Android onto a 3DS. Aside from being no small job porting an OS even on similar architecture, and the 3DS being more limited than most if not all other Android devices, I don't see how the payoff would be worth it. The reason for porting Android to the RaspPi was because it's a low cost, widely available device, there was a practical benefit. The 3DS would, I imagine, be awkward to get Android running nicely with it, it's less capable than even the lowest-end Android devices, all the software for it would probably need to be rewritten to work with the 3DS's interfaces...
Srsly, his naïveté about the 3DS actually RUNNING android never ceases to amaze me...

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you might now people thought that the 3ds was stronger than the wii. Lets just see. Why am I getting the feeling from you guys that the Nintendo 3DS is as slow as the gameboy color....as slow as DS mode. Wow guys.
A litle bit of positiby. This is stonger than DSTWO!

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well dios mios USB was a joking one year ago , i think that we have to wait and see what happen. In my opinion is posible to run Android but with alot of work. When i had my psp i used to run windows 98 or 95 on psp haha

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
No-one was saying it was anywhere near as underpowered as a DS. Just that it is compared to the minimum of other devices that had Android professionally written for them. And yes, it's stronger than the DSTWO, but the DSTWO and DS combined were also only barely powerful enough to emulate the SNES. Even at twice that power, I don't see it coping well with a whole different OS, especially one much more substantial compared to the relatively minimal 3DS system software. I don't think it'd be technically impossible to make a 3DS port of Android; in fact, I'm entirely sure it's a possibility to get it running. What I doubt is the capacity to get it running well enough to justify the effort.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I only care about homebrew. I have the money to buy my 3DS games legally as I always do. I don't care about piracy, since as collector, i want my games as boxed retail, collectors editions and the likes. i have little downloadable titles simply because i want a box. if i have the chocie between hard copy and download, i'd rather go hard copy.

as for homebrew, *I* play those "shitty" homebrew games. because I also do homebrew. there are so many great homebrew applications for the wii. some are ports of old games i used to love as a kid, others are simple homebrew titles that make a lot of fun, others are emulators that allow me to play the games i have in my basement on my wii. hooking up my NES is tedious, opening an emulator is not. sure, some of you will argue that emulators are for pirates and that is probably true for some, but not for all of us. some of us are glad for homebrew.

take devolution. i have no problem with the AP in devolution. as far as i am concerned, the AP is a great idea even. with that being said, i hope they can put something like that into this 3ds hack. piracy could kill that system. if third parties dont sell games on 3ds, they wont develop games for 3ds. simple...

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
well dios mios USB was a joking one year ago , i think that we have to wait and see what happen. In my opinion is posible to run Android but with alot of work. When i had my psp i used to run windows 98 or 95 on psp haha

It is possible to run Android but-
You know what, listen to this guy instead, he can explain it better.

No-one was saying it was anywhere near as underpowered as a DS. Just that it is compared to the minimum of other devices that had Android professionally written for them. And yes, it's stronger than the DSTWO, but the DSTWO and DS combined were also only barely powerful enough to emulate the SNES. Even at twice that power, I don't see it coping well with a whole different OS, especially one much more substantial compared to the relatively minimal 3DS system software. I don't think it'd be technically impossible to make a 3DS port of Android; in fact, I'm entirely sure it's a possibility to get it running. What I doubt is the capacity to get it running well enough to justify the effort.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Native code defetly will tell us. Emulators and stuff. This has got to get close to the PSP and it is newer technology. Linux would run nice on this too. I remember Pate the creator of DSx86 said that when this things get hack he will look for a way to port it over to the 3ds mode. DSx86 has the capability to run linux and windows 95. Maybe when it gets ported itll be even better. Linux Installed. Im sure android will run from there two since is linux..

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad for every person who wants just to run homebrew, there are an exponentially higher amount of people who just want to pirate games.

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
uhmmm we dont have the hack yet and we are fighting about the this things hahaha lets see what happen not ? the time has our answers.

and i want the hack because i want you tube on the 3ds hahaha

Reactions: Technicmaster0

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a little bit selfish to make demands... I have no interest in piracy, I only want to try code some stereoscopic ideas I have in my head...

It's not like anyone is demanding they make the system easily pirate-able. It's that they are deliberately putting in extra work to prevent it. That's like climbing a ladder and kicking the guy behind you off.

The irony here is brutal. Then you go into what you want and don't stop for a second to label me as selfish for saying it's hypocritical to unlock a door take what you want and then lock it again and insult the next person who had a slightly different but largely similar intention.

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not flaming of anything. I will have my miller when this is release, oh yeah. HACK!! So itlll be some kind of save file? save files going in the SD card. Good thing I have a 16gb one.

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, mostly third world countries, where getting a game is very difficult due to high prices.
i was on the e shop of USA and i watched the prices and there was a lot of difference . on Mexico one game is about of 67 dolars and USA is about 47 dolars =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu