Hacking 3DS games on SD card

Frankdux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, Im new to the 3DS scene but not the DS / R4 flash cards.

I recently picked up a 3DS with Super Mario Land 3D preloaded on the SD card in the side of the unit, I know its on the card for 2 reasons, when I remove the card its gone from the 3DS menu, and 2 if I place the SD card in my PC I can access the 2 pre-installed titles. and view the files and other data on the card.

Has anyone looked into this method of loading games on to the card, If its just simple files placed on a card then we should be able to swap games with other preloads. I already took the files from the SD to my PC, and then to a new SD and they work, so I know its not locked to the physical SD Card.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if i know like how the dsi is and download content is the same as the 3ds then the system its self probably has the license installed either in the eshop or inside the 1.5 gb memory the 3ds has. The reason think this wont work is because the 3ds has a built in tool that allows you to transfer 3ds games to another witch means theirs some sort of protection to just copying and pasting to another sd card a playing it on another system. Also making this work would also make other people pirate these games (not saying i dont :mellow:) but still if there was i file made to over look that restriction then we might be seeing that happen in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo