What is the best 3DS game of 2013??

• Total voters

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... Animal Crossing is ass... :unsure:

NOT COMPETITIVE ENOUGH! ERMAGHAD, THEY MADE A KIDS GAME FUN AGAIN! HOW DARE THEY SPOIL MUH COMPETITIVE POKEYMENS!* ;O;

*Artistic reconstruction of the Pokenerd reactions world-wide after X/Y was released. :P

Not sure I understand this (yes I know it was sarcastic). Are there people complaining about the game not being competitive? How is it not (competitive)?

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Animal Crossing at Target when it was on sale for $30. Only played it 3 times so far....

I played it quite a bit at launch, but the entire premise is collecting everything under the sun... as soon as duping came ou, literally all of the playability of the game was lost. People were just duping full sets left and right. I got one of each set, including exclusives, filled out all four houses, etc. Just about the only thing I did NOT do is collect "dream villagers". Which I guess I could have, but then people were asking for ten trillion bells (seriously, with duping I am not even sure why bells mattered to anyone) for specific villagers. I said screw it, and listed the cart on eBay with "super save" listing all the items I had. It got bid up to $80. Certainly spent more time in the game than the measly $50 I earned, but considering the game was ruined for me, it was nice to get more than I paid for the game in the first place.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not sure I understand this (yes I know it was sarcastic). Are there people complaining about the game not being competitive? How is it not (competitive)?

People are generally crying about a huge lack of content post-game, which is silly since it's the same content as ever - exploration for hidden items and "catching them all". There's also the "hacked Pokemon are still there" complaint in terms of competitiveness, but since they were "there" before, that's bitterness more than anything, although they should be gone, the sooner the better.

It's definitely a shorter game than usual, but people have to understand that the sheer amount of effort that went into modeling everything in 3D was substantially larger than in any previous generation and it'll take a couple of those games before they match the world size of previous games. Where the game lacks in sheer game world size, it returns with improved combat and training mechanics as well as added cool mini-games. I mean, how is it not fun to play with your Pokemon, pet them, feed them and whatnot? :P

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are generally crying about a huge lack of content post-game, which is silly since it's the same content as ever - exploration for hidden items and "catching them all". There's also the "hacked Pokemon are still there" complaint in terms of competitiveness, but since they were "there" before, that's bitterness more than anything, although they should be gone, the sooner the better.

It's definitely a shorter game than usual, but people have to understand that the sheer amount of effort that went into modeling everything in 3D was substantially larger than in any previous generation and it'll take a couple of those games before they match the world size of previous games. Where the game lacks in sheer game world size, it returns with improved combat and training mechanics as well as added cool mini-games. I mean, how is it not fun to play with your Pokemon, pet them, feed them and whatnot? :P

I honestly didn't feel the game was small. I purchased B2 literally a month before XY launch so that I could have a cart to transfer from... and it honestly felt exactly the same. To each his own I guess.

Anyway, thought battling was "the end game" in pokemon. What more do people really want? It's not an MMO FFS. LOL

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I honestly didn't feel the game was small. I purchased B2 literally a month before XY launch so that I could have a cart to transfer from... and it honestly felt exactly the same. To each his own I guess.

Anyway, thought battling was "the end game" in pokemon. What more do people really want? It's not an MMO FFS. LOL

Pokemon games on the DS felt pretty stale to me after a while. I was kinda amazed when I first played Platinum... and then, gradually, game by game I completely lost interest. The game just stopped progressing for me and when it did progress, it did so in a stupid way that I didn't like. Pokemon X/Y sort of made me "like" Pokemon again - it's much more refined than the DS games, everything's been made brand-new and I can see how this isn't a simple copy-paste into the same, aged engine. I like that, and I give it points for that.

Reactions: lordofthereef

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
But... Animal Crossing is ass... :unsure:

Obviously, you've been living under the same rock of those CoD fanboys...

NOT COMPETITIVE ENOUGH! ERMAGHAD, THEY MADE A KIDS GAME FUN AGAIN! HOW DARE THEY SPOIL MUH COMPETITIVE POKEYMENS!* ;O;

*Artistic reconstruction of the Pokenerd reactions world-wide after X/Y was released. :P
And maybe Smogon's rock too... Competitive battling ruins the "kid's" part of the "kid's game" unless they're autistic. Seriously, a 6 year old playing normally would never beat you.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dang it, I knew I forgot about something! I need to get SMTIV! :angry:

Gotta do some shopping, uh-huh.

You can't. Region lock bitch.

My 3DS gaem of the year: