Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

benzs129

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was ordering my card gateway from www.r4cardusa.com. Has anybody has any experience from ordering stuff from them? I think I might get scam? They are one of the re seller list on gateway main site though.

MadButch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm just as anxious as you guys to get the new update, but I'm happily playing older games right now until it comes out.
It is a big update, and the emunand needs to be tested really well, or we'll see tons of bricks.
Plus I understand if they need more time to try and get some protection in there against cloning.

If the other 3ds cards are actually working on stuff, then these new additions are great for progress.
But I haven't seen anything really (software wise) where it looks like they are doing they're own development. All news updates of the clone cards so far have been about stuff that gateway has either released (as have the clones) or announced. So it looks to me like they got their hands on a beta gateway 2.0 firmware and made videos on that.

If they're just there to copy everything (or rip) that gateway does, then I can see why gateway would take some time to protect their work...
But my guess is that the extra time is going into making sure it all works well, because with this new update, a lot of stuff can go really really wrong.

Reactions: justinkb

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I sent gateway an email a month ago with voluntary bad typo and they answered today B-)

Re: U raleaz da furmwire noaw !!!!

We will release 2.0 in the next 2 to 4 days.
Actually we have much more coming in terms of features and improvements, but we
understand our users want something now, so we will have something for you fast
now and further updates will come soon after.
Thank you for your patience.

Our sincere apologies for the delay to answer your email. With this soon coming
2.0 release, we have been flooded with email, and work, and we have been a bit
behind answering everyone. We should be back to speed soon!
mailto:[email protected]

> Le mad guy want da 2dot0 fermwure urh urh

feel the hype flow through yourselves people, feel yourself playing zelda !

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
here the same

this week-end most likely, worse case monday/tuesday.

but sorry GW your a bit to late cuz i just ordered a r4i

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have had this e-mail too now from GW team

We will release 2.0 in the next 2 to 4 days.
Actually we have much more coming in terms of features and improvements, but we
understand our users want something now, so we will have something for you fast
now and further updates will come soon after.
Thank you for your patience.

cleardot.gif

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let's hope what they release as 2.0 will at least contain proper emunand with retail/backup toggle and mutirom. I doubt that mutirom will be in it though.

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think will be emuNAND, without multirom, it is ok for me so i can play Zelda, i have had in last mounth e-mail from GW team, that i paste here, where they don't speek about multirom in 2.0 release.
ps sorry for bad english

this was my post:

hi all
from GW team "We will have multi rom in the near future".
Then in next FW 2.0 will not be multirom! :(
salvatore, Nov 7, 2013

all told me that was a fake notice :(

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? Multiple members here have vouched for the legitimacy of the e-mails, and you're still questioning it?

yep really, + i posted before others chimed in with emails many hours ago (check time buddy) Surely it would be easier to post something on their site rather than reply to tons of emails? Thats what i would do no fuss or questions that way.

I

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yep really, + i posted before other chimed in many hours ago (check time buddy)
Now hold on there. Don't "time check buddy" me. There were 3 posts before you vouching the legitimacy of the e-mails.

Surely it would be easier to post something on their site rather than reply to tons of emails? Thats what i would do no fuss or questions that way.
I agree that there would be way less confusion that way, but that doesn't mean the e-mails aren't legit.
Most likely, the one in control of the e-mails is someone different from the one in control of the website. The website guy just isn't available yet to update the website, whereas the e-mail guy is available to send out e-mails.

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
Now hold on there. Don't "time check buddy" me. There were 3 posts before you vouching the legitimacy of the e-mails.

I agree that there would be way less confusion that way, but that doesn't mean the e-mails aren't legit.
Most likely, the one in control of the e-mails is someone different from the one in control of the website. The website guy just isn't available yet to update the website, whereas the e-mail guy is available to send out e-mails.

Take whatever it is out that's bothering you on a punchbag, you replied to my comment if i've antagonised you then i've antagonised you. There where 3 emails posted one in nonsense that somehow got a reply that i couldn't take seriously and two other hardly an avalanche. I'm not a r4i fanboy i have ordered a gateway i hope its true.

I'd be very surprised if this is the first time anyone's questioned the legitimacy of an email on gbatemp, Its nothing, you get your reply then lets move on.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never said it was an avalanche, but if there are three members then I'd say it's pretty likely it's legit.
Anyway, I never meant to escalate things. I just like to give things the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: cateater1

quinterrya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cool and all that you guys are getting emails about Gateway 2.0. But doesn't it make more sense (and faster) to update the website with that information?

Reactions: cateater1

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
It's cool and all that you guys are getting emails about Gateway 2.0. But doesn't it make more sense (and faster) to update the website with that information?
They probably will in a day or two their last message on the website was two days ago which said close to completion but no ETA. If they don't reply to email people would complain that they ignored it etc so best to just reply to few emails knowing it will be posted to their user base.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
They probably will in a day or two their last message on the website was two days ago which said close to completion but no ETA. If they don't reply to email people would complain that they ignored it etc so best to just reply to few emails knowing it will be posted to their user base.

You mean last month?

Reactions: b17bomber

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean last month?
Actually they updated last months post with a short paragraph so didn't really make new post just edit.
Code:
Our work is close to completion, but as our users know, we care very much about quality and we won't release our new firmware before it has been tested in depth and approved by our beta-testing team.

Besides better compatibility for the latest roms, we also have in the meanwhile started working on some new features that will surprise and please you all. There are many more good things to come in the future of Gateway 3DS and its users. The Future is Gateway 3DS !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zt9KMvI-kQs?si=o7yb3GlzURRtZh0o