Homebrew 3ds download play hax possible

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well i fixed my iron hax on my second 3ds i had backed up sd files so yeah i fixed it and got homebrew back on my second 3ds so yeah i don't need to talk about this any more

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chill out. He was just asking a question.
You do know you are not helping at all right? All you're saying is ''hurr durr, your question is dumb, I'm more smart'
Don't even fucking bother to reply to a thread if you don't have jack shit to say.

You know what a better reply would be? ''Not possible because ... Try using the search function next time.''
Not only you, but some other people as well. This place is made for questions.
Yes this place is made for questions but when then same bloody question is asked over and over and over and nobody seems to ever use the search function then it becomes bloody annoying

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes this place is made for questions but when then same bloody question is asked over and over and over and nobody seems to ever use the search function then it becomes bloody annoying

I don't think that's a justified cause to just abuse them for doing that. Let them know about the search function and maybe tell them why it wouldn't work. If you feel so inclined, report them or don't post at all if it bothers you that much. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tell people all the time about the search function but nobody ever listens.

You don't have to tell them. It's not exactly something you're required to do, besides if people don't listen it's their problem not yours.

We may as well lock this thread now that the question's been answered.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that's a contradiction if ever I have seen one in previous posts Pandaxclone2 you say tell people about the search function then in last post you say I don't have to tell people about the search function. Hmm slightly confused by that but I do agree @Bartz come and close this thread down please.

Pandaxclone2

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well that's a contradiction if ever I have seen one in previous posts Pandaxclone2 you say tell people about the search function then in last post you say I don't have to tell people about the search function. Hmm slightly confused by that but I do agree @Bartz come and close this thread down please.

You can let people know about the search function if you want to. It's by no means however an obligation for you to do so. Basically what I'm saying is, if it's going to give you a heart attack for simply letting someone know then it's probably not worth your time.

Besides, telling them about the search function is more of an option you can choose to do amongst the other ones I said.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bortz May we have this thread locked? The OP has been given enough information as to why his request wouldn't work and I don't believe that further input into the matter is required.
Report the post in question, do not tag a moderator. When you post something like "@Bortz" I have no idea why you are tagging me. If you write up a quick report, please leave a suggested action, or at least why you are reporting the post. That way, everyone on the modstaff can see the report and deal with it quicker, instead of me stumbling into a thread and not knowing what is going on.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I don't think his idea is such a bad one. Not saying 100% certain, but I believe the 3ds encrypts the data on-the-fly when using download play. Anyone remember a long time ago someone posted that you could use custom tracks in mk7 via download play with gateway? Anyway, I'm going to experiment some texture changes and see if the receiving ds will accept the data and if the changes are visible.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, so I don't think his idea is such a bad one. Not saying 100% certain, but I believe the 3ds encrypts the data on-the-fly when using download play. Anyone remember a long time ago someone posted that you could use custom tracks in mk7 via download play with gateway? Anyway, I'm going to experiment some texture changes and see if the receiving ds will accept the data and if the changes are visible.
The file transmitted is a CIA. Tracks are transmitted are not CIAs. So maybe a buffer overflow could happen.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I can confirm you can

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The file transmitted is a CIA. Tracks are transmitted are not CIAs. So maybe a buffer overflow could happen.
However,It's possible to get some logic error with the edited tracks, for example ,since the position of tracks are changed,
When you go off the track,you can get a start-fall-start-fall loop
Like this , http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJH1LTT

Yes,I think if you made a track that is complicated enough,a memory overflow is also possible.

Last edited by pdapanda,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm you can

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

However,It's possible to get some logic error with the edited tracks, for example ,since the position of tracks are changed,
When you go off the track,you can get a start-fall-start-fall loop
Like this , http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJH1LTT

Yes,I think if you made a track that is complicated enough,a memory overflow is also possible.
Like adding too many objects/poly's?

I was thinking that once thebsoftware is downloaded there had to be a command to execute it, and perhaps we could replace the download software altogether with a custom launcher. Could it be that simple?

Last edited by WeedZ,
Reactions: ComeTurismO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-