ROM Hack 3DNUS

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ground, I have a question.
It's safe to upgrade a SYSNAND from 8.1 to 9.2 with 3DNUS on an O3DS? Did you tried it?
EDIT: I've found my answer. A big no. :rofl2:

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ground, I have a question.
It's safe to upgrade a SYSNAND from 8.1 to 9.2 with 3DNUS on an O3DS? Did you tried it?
EDIT: I've found my answer. A big no. :rofl2:

Not unless you execute a homebrew which updates NATIVE_FIRM properly after installing the update CIAs. I don't recommend trying unless you have a hard mod.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
How to make sure the update just updates the EmuNand not the SysNand?

blackangel, if you install the CIAs in emunand, you will update emunand, if you install them whilst using sysnand, you will update sysnand.
but be careful, what exactly are you trying to do? make sure you make a emunand backup first. (use emunandtool)

Kuroitenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blackangel, if you install the CIAs in emunand, you will update emunand, if you install them whilst using sysnand, you will update sysnand.
but be careful, what exactly are you trying to do? make sure you make a emunand backup first. (use emunandtool)

:) I just want to be up to date on my EmuNand for the game Xenoblade chronicles which requires firmware 9.4.
Sadly I just got my Gateway a few days ago - so I am still on 9.0 in Sys and EmuNand.
Is there any 100% sure way to know if I am in Emu or SysNand?
My guess would be that if I'm in EmuNand and press the Select Button - which shows the games - only appears in EmuNand or?
Really don't want to brick my MMN3DS :)

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
:) I just want to be up to date on my EmuNand for the game Xenoblade chronicles which requires firmware 9.4.
Sadly I just got my Gateway a few days ago - so I am still on 9.0 in Sys and EmuNand.
Is there any 100% sure way to know if I am in Emu or SysNand?
My guess would be that if I'm in EmuNand and press the Select Button - which shows the games - only appears in EmuNand or?
Really don't want to brick my MMN3DS :)

Gateway has firmware spoofing when you're in gateway mode(emuNAND) so you don't need to update, and someone already confirmed that the firmware spoofing works on it.

Here's the confirmation post : http://gbatemp.net/threads/official...eway-or-sky-thread.385251/page-5#post-5427714

Reactions: Kuroitenshi

Kuroitenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: cearp and Ra1d

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys what is the latest safe firmware for New3dsXL EU? What exactly should I type in title ID to download the latest safe firmware to install on my emunand?

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I typed 9.5.0-23 in title ID and EUR in version and checked New3ds box. Didn't check the "change version numbers to" option.
It downloaded a cia.
Is it safe to install this cia on my emunand to update my fw to 9.5.0-23???

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I typed 9.5.0-23 in title ID and EUR in version and checked New3ds box. Didn't check the "change version numbers to" option.
It downloaded a cia.
Is it safe to install this cia on my emunand to update my fw to 9.5.0-23???

Wait. It downloaded 105 cia files. Do I have to install ALL of them on my emunand to update my frimware???

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
yes. It worked for me.
Some of those .cia are already in the device, and it will skip the installation of those .cia. All the other will install like a charm.

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Do a folder, it's better, like that you'll not erase your others .cia at the end, but y. Only on emunand, remember.

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok it finished well and showed 9.5.0-23 on my settings menu. I went into themes and there was no shuffle option. I guess I need to reboot once for it to show up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol