35C3 hacker conference starts today (27th December). Vita talk set for 29th

35C3Logo_pur.png

It is that time of year again. Not Tempmas (though it is being blamed for being a bit slow with news this year) but the Chaos Community Congress, aka C3, this year being number 35 so 35C3. C3 is a European hacker conference that in years past has given rise to all sorts of interesting talks. As far as consoles and such things go this year has the Vita talk the title mentions and mostly that (sadly no breakdowns of older devices this time, the Wii, 3ds, xbox and xbox 360, Wii U, PS3, PS4, Switch, Amiga 500, gameboy and more having all had spots in years past), however there is bound to be plenty of other things the membership of this site will find of interest. As ever these are great places to learn some really in depth hacking skills, and some broad overviews of things from the perspectives of people that hack them. Of interest there is likely to be those talks on electronics protocols, programmable devices and rapid/low volume manufacture, for which this year (and previous years) have much to discuss, as well as those talks on the state of the world at large.

Do note it is a German group and run in Germany so there are several talks in German, however there are many more in English. Speaking of which the times listed on the schedule (aka fahrplan) are those for Germany so adjust accordingly.

Vita talk discussion on GBAtemp. event overview. or just the time then 16:10 local on the 29th of December.

35C3 wiki

Link to schedule/fahrplan detailing a list of speakers and talks, on the same link you will find a room and time option as well.

Finished events appear in short order on CCC's youtube channel, though for older years you might have to look at others (the links above being a good start). Things are streamed live via the streams page, and said streams can be downloaded if youtube (or downloading from it) is not your style.

What talks are you looking forward to this year? Are any of the returning speakers (or speakers you might have see at defcon, black hat and so forth) doing anything intriguing for you? Is anybody there in person this year?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The talk is outstandingly vague about what discovering the bootloader decryption key actually gives you.

I don't know whether they are just bad at talks, whether they want to build hype or whether having the bootloader decryption key is essentially useless.

You are now legally owned by Mister Yifanlu.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you really have watched the presentation and still don't understand, then you're not the target audience.

I really watched it. I am in the stated target audience

My first opinion that I got from watching it it's just to whip up hype in an otherwise dry talk, which it has done. I'm not so arrogant to assume that it was a malicious trolling of the scene, but I'm willing to be proved wrong (you're doing a good job of that).

Your opinion about me is arrogant, but you haven't given me your opinion on the importance of having the bootloader key. Just some passive aggressive crap, is that how you deal with all criticism?

https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/1079960409791176704
You are now legally owned by Mister Yifanlu.

You and your sycophants misunderstood my post, but you've shown yourself to be a bully. Well done for mobbing, it's nice to know the type of person you are.

Your logical fallacy is impressive.

"More like most people in certain communities classify anything other than one-click-iso-downloaders as useless."

I never said anything remotely close to that, your saltiness has clearly affected your perception.

I'm not saying that the actual work is unimpressive. I just can't say for sure after watching the video what this actually means going forward.

There is a slight issue in their choice of bootloader decryption key
Which protects every. single. content. key. in. the. system.

It seems important with all those full stops in there, but is it? The talk doesn't say.

Your response reminds me of the emperors new clothes "if you can't see it then there is something wrong with you"

Last edited by smf,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed