Homebrew [32c3] Console Hacking (3DS) talk Dec 27: smea, derrek, plutoo

What will the outcome of this talk be?

• A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security.

Votes: 93 33.2%
  • A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security and a new entry point released!

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security and a new kernel exploit released!!

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • It'll never happan. Nintendo's Ninjas will assasinate all 3 speakers before the conference starts.

Votes: 83 29.6%
  • EVERYTHING !!

Votes: 27 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Koalabuttz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant, "in light of the new information/starter kit from the 32c3 talk and the new *hax available, will the ACHH N3DS (non-XL) system with 9.8 stock run rxTools".

I'd love to trade out my MM N3DS for the smaller ACHH system.
Not at this moment. There is not public kernel exploit for systems above 9.2.

Reactions: mooglazer

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry, I meant, "in light of the new information/starter kit from the 32c3 talk and the new *hax available, will the ACHH N3DS (non-XL) system with 9.8 stock run rxTools".

I'd love to trade out my MM N3DS for the smaller ACHH system.
It's more likely you'll be able to downgrade the 9.8 system to a hackable FW, since the ARM9 kernel exploit shown requires a custom DS cartridge. That will take a while for someone to figure out though as it seems the creators don't intend to release anything.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more likely you'll be able to downgrade the 9.8 system to a hackable FW, since the ARM9 kernel exploit shown requires a custom DS cartridge. That will take a while for someone to figure out though as it seems the creators don't intend to release anything.
Well we have arm11kernel (for downgrading) and I'm pretty sure they said arm9 can be compromised without the use of a custom ds game. The custom cart is only $5 and I'm damn sure that they are going to release something for that.

Last edited by Psi-hate,

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did it later on WITHOUT a custom cart.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Custom DS game? Like a flashcart?
Passthrough

Reactions: Jwiz33

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game