Homebrew [32c3] Console Hacking (3DS) talk Dec 27: smea, derrek, plutoo

What will the outcome of this talk be?

• A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security.

Votes: 93 33.2%
  • A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security and a new entry point released!

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • A cool, interesting technical discussion about 3ds security and a new kernel exploit released!!

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • It'll never happan. Nintendo's Ninjas will assasinate all 3 speakers before the conference starts.

Votes: 83 29.6%
  • EVERYTHING !!

Votes: 27 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no doubt gateway is working on the downgrade as we speak.

Also I'm slightly confused, do we have the keys for 9.6+ emunand now?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this means people can create signed content to run on unpatched systems?
No. Signing content requires the private key, which in theory is impossible to get, and only known to a handful of people working at Nintendo. There are some exceptions (lol PS3), but in general it's safe to assume that the private key will never be found.

D

Deleted User

I have no doubt gateway is working on the downgrade as we speak.

Also I'm slightly confused, do we have the keys for 9.6+ emunand now?

No. But you might be able to run a hacked sysnand 10.3 instead. That is, you sysnand must be on 9.6 or higher.

So it is a bit of a gamble right now. Update your sysnand now to enjoy the later hax on 9.6+ but you have to wait until it is released. Or don't update at all, and watch as Nintendo updates to 10.4 which patches the vulnerability.

That is the dilemma right now.

My advice: nand mod your system, backup your sysnand, update to 10.3 now, and restore your sysnand to before 9.3. Then you can enjoy both

Last edited by ,

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. But you might be able to run a hacked sysnand 10.3 instead. That is, you sysnand must be on 9.6 or higher.

So it is a bit of a gamble right now. Update your sysnand now to enjoy the later hax on 9.6+ but you have to wait until it is released. Or don't update at all, and watch as Nintendo updates to 10.4 which patches the vulnerability

Sounds risky, I'll just wait for gateway to work their magic :P

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So it is a bit of a gamble right now. Update your sysnand now to enjoy the later hax on 9.6+ but you have to wait until it is released. Or don't update at all, and watch as Nintendo updates to 10.4 which patches the vulnerability.

That is the dilemma right now
You can always go sysupdater route to update to 10.3 for <10.2 N3DS with SNSHAX (if it's released public). So better stay low.

Gambling is on O3DS and 2DS. Much easier to get <9.3 O3DS and 2DS, so that balances thing out.

Edit: Just reserved 2 N3DS Zelda Hyrule for $350 before tax at GameStop. This year is amazing in term of 3DS and Wii U hacking. Nintendo is squeezing sale on their old consoles before the release of NX I guess.

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: V3NUS_M1NER

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do i need to install Themehax as well? Its on the youtube video that im looking right now..

You want to get the latest starter kit too.
Then install themehax if you want. (Reccommended really) or use the eShop to install old versions to install ironhax.

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has been answered, but I saw it mentioned a few pages ago by someone else and didn't see a response. I am on 10.1 and using themehax (hold L on boot up). I grabbed the newest starter and overwrote what I had. When I boot up into homebrew browser, I see the old eshop downloader but when I access it it asks me to do a system update. I am using tubehax DNS. Is there something I am missing?

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has been answered, but I saw it mentioned a few pages ago by someone else and didn't see a response. I am on 10.1 and using themehax (hold L on boot up). I grabbed the newest starter and overwrote what I had. When I boot up into homebrew browser, I see the old eshop downloader but when I access it it asks me to do a system update. I am using tubehax DNS. Is there something I am missing?
iirc you can't access eshop with 10.1.
If you have themehax already then there is no reason to update to 10.3 just to get ironfall

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc you can't access eshop with 10.1.
If you have themehax already then there is no reason to update to 10.3 just to get ironfall
Ahhhh ok, for some reason I thought ironfall was going to be important for things to come. Guess I'm good to go for now, thanks for the info!

Reactions: Coleman_C18

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I installed the browserhax but it stucked at the loading screen on the E-shop older version.. so how can i entry the E-shop older version again? Go through the webbrowser stuff again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: