Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All right, first of all... I love my 3DS, wouldn't trade it in for anything buuuut...
It definitely needs:

1. A browser capable of FLASH, or at LEAST a freakin' YouTube App!
2. A multimessaging client, like ebuddy or whatever.
3. A friendlist with the abillity to send messages + pics you took with the 3DS camera to your friends!

Well... at this stage the browser is totally useless. Yeah, it's useless. No flash, (C'mon Ninty, every damn Smartphone has a freakin' YouTube App, EVEN your WIi can display Vids on the Tube!) no opening of specific sites. I can't even access the gaming forums I'm a member in, because the browser isn't even able to display the page... Yeah, really great work. Then, messaging services like TrillianIM Web or Meebo need... YEAH THEY NEED FLASH. -.- eBuddy doesn't, but the browser dies on me while loading my ICQ contacts... Very well... *sighs*

I would really like to communicate with my friends on the net without always having to carry several devices around with me. I mean... People expect handhelds to be capable of multimedia nowadays! My DSTWO plays video just fine, the 3DS plays music and it has cameras, nice features really, but why do we get locked off EVERYTHING that's fun while using the internet, while we get internet connectivity? Hell... Even the oldest smartphones do have multimessaging services, even SKYPE working on them... Why isn't there any support for that kind of things? I would even go as far as to pay for YouTube/messaging apps in the eStore.

Why does Ninty always ruin every great opportunity they're offering? Why? Why no messaging or being able to share photos with your friends if you're online? C'mon guys, that's one of the things people ask of you ALL THE TIME. Flashcart companies have shown you that so much more is possible with your devices, WHY don't you finally listen to them and get the most out of them? If you want to stop piracy, listen to the pirates and damn it... make it better...

I'm just a bit dissappointed that everytime so much would be possible nothing of the capacity is used by the original publishers... That's just mean... Instead of fighting piracy juuuuuust listen to your customers and they'll be happy without piracy...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
multimessaging client : I would see it more like small chatroom, IRC-like.
A Nintendo server where you host/join chatrooms, and select max number of users, password protected or not, etc. that would be great
yaynds.gif

(But they would fear that pedophile fake their identity... so there won't be any messaging system I guess. Nintendo is over protecting.)

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHen you create a room you are a mod who can ban people from that room to get rid of fagbag pedophiles @ cyan lol

Edit:(reply to 1st idea) Iphone doesnt have flash cause apple are to gay because they dont wanna pay adobe

Edit: 2 (Reply to last idea) Well what if the pictures people are sending well, become Well how do i say this, People sending bad pics of them selves to people.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have long thought that Nintendo really shines at making new concept hardware, but has no clue at making software worth squat.

Lost track of all the fumbled opportunities, and frankly, Nintendo seems to be wholely and totally uninterested in caring just what crap wears the Nintendo brand name.

Ron457x2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that the 3ds does really a youtube app or HTML5 in the next update.
(Flash just consumes way too much battery and I don't see Nintendo making a contract with Adobe in the near future)

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
3. A friendlist with the abillity to send messages + pics you took with the 3DS camera to your friends!
That one is REALLY needed.
Of course flash support would be nice, but I can live the way it is. Not that impressed with the browser in general anyway.

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kuschel-Drow said:
All right, first of all... I love my 3DS, wouldn't trade it in for anything buuuut...
It definitely needs:

1. A browser capable of FLASH, or at LEAST a freakin' YouTube App!
2. A multimessaging client, like ebuddy or whatever.
-crop-
1. Flash is technically not possible because 20% of the CPU is reserved for 3D effects and 34% for the browser itself, but a separated YT app is possible.
2. You already have that: Browser -> m.ebuddy.com
3. Yet to come in another update, also featuring more StreetPass features*.

*Please do not ask where I got that info.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. The browser is made to run side-to-side with another application. You can open a software title, go to the home menu, open the browser, look up something, and go back into the game without needing to restart. This means that there is limited CPU power for the browser. Flash is a no-go. However, the 3DS has quite good javascript support, and it DOES support the Canvas element.
2.There are enough sites that work on the 3DS. There are many devices out there that have javascript but no flash, and those mobile sites work very well.
3. You can also use the browser to upload images from your 3DS, if you didn't know that
tongue.gif

Really. Flash isn't holy. How would you like it if the browser had flashsupport but no javascript and CSS support? That would be way worse.
wink.gif

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uhm... Nah didn't know that. xD
I'll try that, as well as the m.ebuddy page. The normal one doesn't work for me.
ohmy.gif

But still I miss all the stuff I mentioned. I really hope ninty stops acting over-protective. They do have customers of higher age, PLUS they already have their savety codes and all the stuff. They can't just treat each of their customers like kids. PLUS parents are in responsibillity of their own children, so they do not need ninty for that. oO

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kuschel-Drow said:
Uhm... Nah didn't know that. xD
I'll try that, as well as the m.ebuddy page. The normal one doesn't work for me.
ohmy.gif

But still I miss all the stuff I mentioned. I really hope ninty stops acting over-protective. They do have customers of higher age, PLUS they already have their savety codes and all the stuff. They can't just treat each of their customers like kids. PLUS parents are in responsibillity of their own children, so they do not need ninty for that. oO
Because the 'normal' one is flash, duh.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why must EVERYTHING be a smartphone nowadays!?! I mean seriously you sound like CNET.
Its not an iPod Touch people.

1. The browser was made for quick info. Not "HEY GUYS LETS WATCH SOME NEWGROUNDS VIDEOS LOLOLOL". Thats kinda why it was made to run with games in the background.

2. Do we really need an IRC room? I mean cmon you talk to random people.

3. This is actually something practical and should have been there from release. Im not sure about sending pictures but we do need a PM box or PicoChat for the friend list.

Hi everyone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@op: first two arguments: use something more powerful than a 3DS. i don't think you'll want to watch a Flash vid if it lags constantly, and eBuddy and all that shit works just fine in the browser already.
third argument: agreed.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AndroidDem0man said:
Edit:(reply to 1st idea) Iphone doesnt have flash cause apple are to gay because they dont wanna pay adobe
A Gay Little Catboy's gay too but he's a cool guy. He's very respected on the Temp and doesn't afraid of anything.

In other words, watch your wording.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zantigo said:
Why must EVERYTHING be a smartphone nowadays!?! I mean seriously you sound like CNET.
Its not an iPod Touch people.

1. The browser was made for quick info. Not "HEY GUYS LETS WATCH SOME NEWGROUNDS VIDEOS LOLOLOL". Thats kinda why it was made to run with games in the background.

2. Do we really need an IRC room? I mean cmon you talk to random people.

3. This is actually something practical and should have been there from release. Im not sure about sending pictures but we do need a PM box or PicoChat for the friend list.
EXACTLY! somebody gets it!

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The only thing from that list the 3DS needs is a messaging system.

The other things are just stupid. It's a gaming system, not a computer.

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these types of threads are pointless. what the 3DS really needs is nintendo supporting homebrew, allowing us to make whatever we want and nintendo would be off our case. to stop piracy, nintendo needs to keep advancing the technology in the cartridge.

DownLoadableGod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be cool to have a messaging system for people you meet in spotpass. I know chomos will try to take advantage of it for kids. So maybe a way to turn it off in parental controls? An option to keep pedos away. I would like it just to know who in the hell has a 3ds in my area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, new pfp?