Country
United States
Download here

M33 Official site

QUOTE said:
3.71 M33 by M33=Dark_AleX

Changes in 3.71 M33:

- Now uses 3.71
- VSH Menu is not longer launched using HOME key, but using SELECT now. This is to not
 interfere with the XMB function of home, which is now more useful in this firmware.
- Psp Slim: umdcache was allocating memory even when homebrew was launched, wasting
 memory that homebrew programs may want to use. Now umdcache module is stopped before
 it can allocate any memory, only in the case homebrew is launched.

Also, memory is unprotected for user memory usage by M33 core (only when homebrew is launched).
 Developer, for a sample of how to use the extra memory, see the extra ram sample of the M33 sdk.

- Both version boot now from 3.XX ipl, and are independent of 1.50.

The main installer will not install 1.50 kernel anymore.
A 1.50 kernel addon for 3.71 M33 that will install inside 3.71 M33 will be released in a
few days (for fat only)

Note: due to some changes in kernel nids by Sony, you can expect a lot of kernel plugins not working anymore.
Programmers: refer to the sdk readme for details.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I thought they were going on a break. Why have they released it already? hmm, not complaining though. 3.71 for my Slim here I come
smile.gif

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought they were going on a break. Why have they released it already? hmm, not complaining though. 3.71 for my Slim here I come
smile.gif

There is no ''they'' M33 is dark Alex himself. From the website

QUOTEM33 Official Website

Official Announcement

3.71M33 Released. It will be our last but one release.
In the near future, it will be released a Slim&&Fat Unbricker, and a 1.50kernel patch

First of all, thanks for all your donations.
It's time to make the Scene think into what has it turned.
NOW you can look for guilty ones.

And, to finish, greetings to pspx.ru and all the ones that have helped us in this crusade.

M33 == Dark_AleX

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so in 3.52M33-4 the "Home" button launches a VSH menu? What is that? My 1.50 PSP should be here anyday now, and I already have the firmware and stuff downloaded and ready to go but I never heard of this feature.

Also, it kind of sucks that the 3.40OE leak happened, now Sony's implemented modules that disable 1.50 booting in tandem with 3.71
frown.gif

Damn stupid ass leakers, hopefully the PSP homebrew scene won't die after this.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll stay on 3.52M33-4 for the time being. What extra features are new in the OFFICIAL 3.71? I've seen the changelog for 3.71M33 but not for 3.71OFW.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it funny how lots of people were bashing M33 yesterday and now praising and apologizing to Dark Alex today. I really wish the PSP community was more grateful to their developers.

I'd recommend staying on 3.52 M33-4 or 3.60 M33 right now. I updated to 3.71 just fine on my Slim, but practically none of my plugins work for it.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is still no way to install cw on the slim without using a old psp? I know no one who has a cw psp, so what can i do?

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely nothing, until they figure out how to crack the Slims (which will probably NEVER happen, so you should start looking for a Pandora's battery somewhere now).

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the datel tool is basically the same thing right? but do i need another psp to create the magic memory stick?

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you need a homebrew enabled PSP to make the Magic Memory stick and Pandora's battery. And speaking of that, I just got my 1.50 PSP that I ordered from eBay today
biggrin.gif

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Do some research. Visit a PSP forum. They will likely know more. Most of the emulators have been reprogrammed to work with the Slim. Some of those forum sites even have lists of what works and what doesn't yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot