Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
timishu said:
OK, so I am almost ready to start this up. First I have a few questions.

1. I have previously used cIOS downgrader to change the IOS of 3.4. Wii this guide still work?
What you used is actually IOS Downgrader, not cIOS Downgrader

2. I have previously used Install Shop app (same in this tutorial) so will I need to run it again?
No

3. I have already installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cios_fix.wad. Do I need to install them again?
No

4. I have Animal Crossing, so what do I do to make it playable?
Install IOS 38

Please don't make me hate you. I already stated that you could just use cIOS Downgrader. Point it at 3.2 X( X being your region)
So the cIOS downgrader is the only app that I am going to need to run to downgrade the firmware to 3.2 completely? (Please don't hate me)

D

Deleted User

Yes, however, have a run of IOS Downgrader (not cIOS) after that. Just to be sure that all your IOSes are trucha bugged.

If it asks for reboot, yep, everything's in order.

Hit any errors, try again.

Soon after that, give IOS 51 and shop installer another run, since IOS Downgrader already downgraded teh IOS 51.

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Yes, however, have a run of IOS Downgrader (not cIOS) after that. Just to be sure that all your IOSes are trucha bugged.

If it asks for reboot, yep, everything's in order.

Hit any errors, try again.

Soon after that, give IOS 51 and shop installer another run, since IOS Downgrader already downgraded teh IOS 51.

Should I say yes to all of the options in the Shop Installer?

bobble-head

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so i am somewhat new to firmware changes with my wii but i did manage to get through RadioShadow's IOS guide ok. That's actually why i'm here. i used that guide, not knowing about this one, but now i want to downgrade to 3.2u. so what should i do? btw, i have animal crossing so what should i do for that. if anyone could walk me through this it would be great.

D

Deleted User

If you have done the Wii Fix Guide, just use cIOS Downgrader.

Install IOS38.

Question been asked few pages back.

And about Animal Crossing, it's already been explained on the guide.

Next time, read first, then ask

mulkman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just wondering if the DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad Gamma launcher channel is for PAL/NTSC or ALL?????????????

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if we don't downgrade to a lower menu version, and stay at 3.4, if we could just use the twilight hack with the hombrew channel and menu rebooter to play our backups?

c00ld00d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have version 3.3U and trying to downgrade to 3.2U to install the backup launcher.
I am following the instructions from: http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html.
I downloaded the files from: http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/002fixGammaLoader.zip

I have completed steps 1-11 with no issues. When I try the cIOS Downgrader (Step 12) it failed.
It downloaded all the content #66, #9, #10, etc fine and started process to delete the /tmp/ files.
Right after "Deleting /tmp/00000002" .... OK
Then it just says "Firmware Installation FAILED!"

Any suggestions? Should I try to downgrade to 3.1U instead?

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have started this up, and afif95 if you have to kill me then do it, and I am still not sure which apps I need to run. I have used RadioShadow's IOS downgrade guide so I am not sure what order which apps go in now that they're actually on my SD card.

JaapDraad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I followed this guide some time ago to downgrade my Wii.
Now I'm thinking about installing SoftMii 2.1.

Are there issues that I need to consider or can I just follow the tutorial from SoftMii?

One thing I already noticed is that the cIOSrev7.wad that Softmii installs prior to downgrading, differs form the cios_fix.wad from EoC's guide.

I don't have a mod chip. The history of my Wii is as follows:
- 3.3E
-Installed Twighlight Hack and HBC 9
-Installed back-uplauncher 3.0beta
-Upgraded HBC to 10.1
-Fiddled around a bit with various homebrew (dvdx, Wiiplayer with DVD support)
-Finally downgraded using This great guide completely (only installed a different back-up channel).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JaapDraad said:
I followed this guide some time ago to downgrade my Wii.
Now I'm thinking about installing SoftMii 2.1.

Are there issues that I need to consider or can I just follow the tutorial from SoftMii.

One thing I already noticed is that the cIOSrev7.wad that Softmii is installed prior to downgrading, differs form the cios_fix.wad from EoC's guide.

I don't understand why the cios_fix.wad is still inside some guides, even such popular ones. The cios_fix is a rev5 cIOS and the rev7 cIOS can everything that the rev5 can too(and more). In all guides where cios_fix is used, you could use the rev7 cIOS instead and skip one or more steps by this.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DVDx for 3.4 was released today, i'm not an expert on this stuff, but does this change anything for running backups on 3.4? Would we still need to install the Cios and IOS files or would it be possible to run it all from the SD card without having to downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night